Microsoft Surface

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, for those interested.
i bought a 3rd party mini display port to hdmi cable to project my surface pro to my 50" plasma teebee...

really shiok, watching triumph in the sky part 2 on my tv instead of the 10.6" screen.

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
is it possible to link a camera to surface and see whatever you are shooting on the camera on surface instead?

Ap3s

Reaction score
btw, for those interested.
i bought a 3rd party mini display port to hdmi cable to project my surface pro to my 50" plasma teebee...

really shiok, watching triumph in the sky part 2 on my tv instead of the 10.6" screen.

where to get and how much?:)

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah pls share where to buy the mini display port. Will be awesome to do my work on the huge TV screen with wireless keyboard and mouse.

SouthWind

Master Member
Reaction score
is it possible to link a camera to surface and see whatever you are shooting on the camera on surface instead?

Yup, I am using a Wireless transmitter to transmit shots from my SLR to the surface pro.

One thing to note, just make sure your wireless transmitter is able to connect via infrastructure and not ad hoc mode.

Software wise, if you want every shot taken to auto load on your surface screen, think lightroom can do it.

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yup, I am using a Wireless transmitter to transmit shots from my SLR to the surface pro.

One thing to note, just make sure your wireless transmitter is able to connect via infrastructure and not ad hoc mode.

Software wise, if you want every shot taken to auto load on your surface screen, think lightroom can do it.

so i suppose it's not live feed?

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah pls share where to buy the mini display port. Will be awesome to do my work on the huge TV screen with wireless keyboard and mouse.

go Ventincre and do a search...
"chip chip", less than $20. i think the official one goes for $58.
dun have the original 1 to compare, so cannot tell quality.

of course, HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! is even cheaper, but this one still need to pay for shipping and its more for bulk purchase.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score

If you mean Live feed from a P&S or DSLR, it's only possible if they support TWAIN, which most don't.

The only way is to use a USB HD Webcam which will give you 720p (not sure if 1080p is available) picture. Can try Logitech or MS.

In the past, it's possible if you have a FireWire port & a Videocam that shoots FHD but on Surface, it's not possible.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks game goondu! Initially wanted to get the original HDMI adaptor for my RT at $58, luckily I googled and found out that 3rd party micro HDMI cable works too. Need to look for a wireless keyboard now.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All !

Ive just dumped my asus android tablet to get a surface RT which will be arriving soon. May I check if there are any decent app to use the surface RT as a laptop extended monitor? Previously I use Air Display (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avatron.airdisplay&hl=en) on my android tablet which works very well. Any similar app for windows ?

TIA ! :o

the RT has hdmi output I think. So not if it supports dual monitor?

not sure if SplashTop released a version for RT?

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the only way is to get the micro HDMI cable to connect to TV. There's also a micro HDMI to VGA for monitors. Doubt there's an app on Windows Store that functions like Air Display. Welcome to the Surface Club!

Hi All !

Ive just dumped my asus android tablet to get a surface RT which will be arriving soon. May I check if there are any decent app to use the surface RT as a laptop extended monitor? Previously I use Air Display (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avatron.airdisplay&hl=en) on my android tablet which works very well. Any similar app for windows ?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All !

Air Display, no. Duplicate or Extended desktop is natively supported by Win RT. All you need is a monitor that supports HDMI.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Just curious, anyone did use a Surface RT/Pro for presentations using a wireless presenter? I am thinking of getting a Surface RT/Pro for presentation and training purposes.

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Microsoft cuts Surface Pro price by $100 following Surface RT reductions
Microsoft cuts Surface Pro price by $100 following Surface RT reductions | The Verge

Microsoft is discounting its Surface Pro tablet this weekend, following heavy reductions to its Surface RT costs recently. The 10 percent price cut to Surface Pro reduces the cost of the 64GB and 128GB models by $100 each in the US. Not all regions appear to have Surface Pro price cuts just yet, but the US, Canada, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are all showing price cuts on both models.

The Surface Pro pricing follows a 30 percent price cut on Microsoft's Surface RT tablets recently. The software maker took a $900 million hit on Surface RT in its latest quarter, but Microsoft appeared to be focusing its price cuts and write-down on just the Surface RT tablet. The wording on Microsoft's Surface site appears to suggest the Surface Pro price cut is permanent.

SURFACE 2 ON THE WAY?

Microsoft recently hinted at refreshed Surface RT and Surface Pro models. The company is expected to refresh Surface Pro with a Haswell processor, and Microsoft has been testing Surface devices with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 processor. We're told that Microsoft is planning several new accessories for Surface, including a battery-equipped keyboard cover that the company has previously teased. New accessory colors are also expected soon.

We've reached out to Microsoft to clarify its price cuts, and we'll update you accordingly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.