Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Osaka / Kyoto from Nov 9-17 .
Where should I go to see Autumn leaves ?
I know it is a bit too early.
Thank you .

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malaysia passport holder need to apply for Japan visa. The process fee is free for Malaysia passport.

Please visit the Singapore Japanese embassy website for all the details. Please print out all the necessary forms before going to the embassy. Saw a family went there empty handed. Had to go back and come back another day.

As part of its move to boost inbound tourism and to enhance ASEAN-Japan friendship, Japan on June 26 announced that Malaysian and Thai nationals on short-term holiday of not more than 15 days to the country need not apply for visas from July 1.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you .
Osaka
Minoo park (hike)
there is also 金剛山 kongo san, I do not have much information on this except that one this is the tallest point in Osaka and the mountain straddles Nara as well with it's peak inside Nara.

Kyoto
Fushimi Inari (hike)
Kyomizudera is also an excellent choice

;) head towards the mountains for koya

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you .

u will need to head to those places that are of higher altitude where it is colder.

a possible place to see autumn leaves will be koyasan. if u are heading to koyasan, it is recommended that u stay overnight there to experience the temple stay, and also coz it is quite rush to do it as a day trip from osaka

~onion~

Reaction score
Anyone can advice is it possible/good to do a day trip to Kyoto from Tokyo? And how do I go? Their railway and transportation guide is :s22:

Was hoping to get some amulet as souvenir and also some sightseeing as the temple all looks majestic. Will be going around mid to late Sep and staying in Ueno.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advice is it possible/good to do a day trip to Kyoto from Tokyo? And how do I go? Their railway and transportation guide is :s22:

Was hoping to get some amulet as souvenir and also some sightseeing as the temple all looks majestic. Will be going around mid to late Sep and staying in Ueno.

no, not recommended.
it is about 3hrs by shinkansen from tokyo to kyoto. u will probably need to get the JR pass to cover the trip, and the pass cost 28300yen (about 400 SGD). it is not worth the money, and is too rush to make it a day trip

for amulets, how about going to Meiji shrine in Harajuku?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on a side note,

Kyoto/Osaka has pretty good and cheap accommodations... why not stay there for 3-4 days?

~onion~

Reaction score
no, not recommended.
it is about 3hrs by shinkansen from tokyo to kyoto. u will probably need to get the JR pass to cover the trip, and the pass cost 28300yen (about 400 SGD). it is not worth the money, and is too rush to make it a day trip

for amulets, how about going to Meiji shrine in Harajuku?

Ooo ok thank you. Will take a look at the Meiji shrine instead then. JR pass so exp.

on a side note,

Kyoto/Osaka has pretty good and cheap accommodations... why not stay there for 3-4 days?

Well, its my first trip there so was thinking of going somewhere central (More tourist friendly? Lol) Aga aga get the feel of how to get around before planning other trip somewhere.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ooo ok thank you. Will take a look at the Meiji shrine instead then. JR pass so exp.

Well, its my first trip there so was thinking of going somewhere central (More tourist friendly? Lol) Aga aga get the feel of how to get around before planning other trip somewhere.

Concentrate Tokyo area will do. Cover wide area will takes up too much of your travelling time(and money). Tokyo and its surrounding is already dotted with lots of sights to see and experience.

Osaka/Kyoto leave it to your next trip lo.

~onion~

Reaction score
Concentrate Tokyo area will do. Cover wide area will takes up too much of your travelling time(and money). Tokyo and its surrounding is already dotted with lots of sights to see and experience.

Haha ya. So excited!! Cant wait :s12:

coldmilk

Reaction score

I agree. There are many things to do in Tokyo (or Osaka/Kyoto). I, too, prefer to do 2 separate trips. Also with airfare so cheap nowadays, travelling on JR pass can almost buy you another return air-ticket!

~onion~

Reaction score
I agree. There are many things to do in Tokyo (or Osaka/Kyoto). I, too, prefer to do 2 separate trips. Also with airfare so cheap nowadays, travelling on JR pass can almost buy you another return air-ticket!

Very true lol. That JR pass cost 2/3 of my air ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.