Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara666

Reaction score
Anyone can advise - just now i tried to sell my counters on scb and the orders kept getting rejected. the error message is NOT SUFFICIENT STOCK IN HOLDING

i am puzzled because i have the lots on hand and i have tried to sell partial too - 1 lot - and the same happened :s11:

boiboi123

Reaction score
you need to fill up 2 forms. 1 form to CDP and SCB each. I have soft copies of the forms. But i am not sure if they are the latest. You can print, fill them up and bring down to Battery Road.

There are no fees transferring from CDP to SCB. I guess they are absorbing the fees at the moment.

can only do it at battery road?

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you need to fill up 2 forms. 1 form to CDP and SCB each. I have soft copies of the forms. But i am not sure if they are the latest. You can print, fill them up and bring down to Battery Road.

There are no fees transferring from CDP to SCB. I guess they are absorbing the fees at the moment.

I arranged to trf some foreign stock to SCB last week. They told me have to pay CDP charges for local stock of about $10 per counter. But the guy attending to me is quite blur type.

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I arranged to trf some foreign stock to SCB last week. They told me have to pay CDP charges for local stock of about $10 per counter. But the guy attending to me is quite blur type.

do cdp hold foreign stocks? i tot its kept in custody by the individual brokeage houses?

i being charged monthly for some foreign stocks i hold in POems. drats!

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise - just now i tried to sell my counters on scb and the orders kept getting rejected. the error message is NOT SUFFICIENT STOCK IN HOLDING

i am puzzled because i have the lots on hand and i have tried to sell partial too - 1 lot - and the same happened :s11:

ur stocks in cdp or in scb?

if scb, call the hotline to check on the issue...might be some technical glitch..

gaara666

Reaction score
ur stocks in cdp or in scb?

if scb, call the hotline to check on the issue...might be some technical glitch..

In scbb. Thanks i called and found out the reason. I hv made an order trade earlier and did not cxl it so subsequent trades cannot go through because my lots are put up for trade, hence the remark insufficient stock in holding.

novice8

Reaction score
Hi guys, may I ask if I would like to trade foreign stocks, do I just transfer the funds from my eSaver into FCY settlement account in SGD? How soon will the exchange take effect? Would there any other charges besides the forex charge? Tq

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
peoms online min $25

look like Standard Chartered good.. can i open another account with them if i already had peoms?

kent07

Reaction score
does anyone know how do i sell odd lots using the scb platform? i have some shares in del monte and as a result of a placement, i have 600 odd shares. is tranferring to cdp my only way of selling them off?

patricklow

Reaction score
I think this system still have bugs based on my recent experience..

There is a stock where I Q 2 times but cancelled on Friday. I made sure that there was no Q on Monday. Alas.. suddenly that Stock of 10Lots appeared on my screen as filled.. I called CS but they say doesn't appear on their screen. Strange thing is that I cannot sell :( They asked me to take a screen shot and I sent to them and CC the name of the CS, so that they can followup.

Whole day no news.. the next day, I can transfer out the funds and the stock disappeared.. a few days later.. wanted to buy stocks and TT to the securities account and ALAS, the stock suddenly appeared and appeared as Filled at the buy price on Monday !!! But now I can sell.. and :D :s12::s12:the price is higher then my buy price so I happily sell.

Since I made a profit, no point complaining so let it rest.

pleeted

Reaction score
any1 know is there any charges to transfer from cdp to scb and vice-versa?

can both transfer be done online or must go down manually and usually take how long to process?

i tried search the thread, too many pages, some said is free some said need charges so im kinda confuse which is the correct/updated version?

thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.