Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been using borderlinx for years, borderlinx and nothing else until I read this thread and regret big time. It's the first time I use CGW and will be the last.

Bought 2 items, 1 from amazon, 1 from retailer. my experience as below:

- borderlinx in eastern US, which is very near to my items. usual 2 days delivery using free ground shipping.
- CGW in west, which is 2000++ miles away from items and borderlinx. 5 business days to reach.

- once item received, borderlinx update and send email to me on the day itself, at most 1 business day later.
- both items to CGW took 1 day to email me.

- once I click ship, borderlinx ship out on the same day or latest 1 working day after.
- CGW took 3 working days to ship out.

so in total, CGW can take additional 5-6 working days compared to borderlinx.

price is slightly cheaper with CGW but as mentioned, they round up to nearest 0.5kg, so difference is minimal. certainly not worth the additional 5-6 working days. If you use CGW express service, you actually pay more but get the items later than with borderlinx.

jf

Reaction score
I've been using borderlinx for years, borderlinx and nothing else until I read this thread and regret big time. It's the first time I use CGW and will be the last.

Bought 2 items, 1 from amazon, 1 from retailer. my experience as below:

- borderlinx in eastern US, which is very near to my items. usual 2 days delivery using free ground shipping.
- CGW in west, which is 2000++ miles away from items and borderlinx. 5 business days to reach.

- once item received, borderlinx update and send email to me on the day itself, at most 1 business day later.
- both items to CGW took 1 day to email me.

- once I click ship, borderlinx ship out on the same day or latest 1 working day after.
- CGW took 3 working days to ship out.

so in total, CGW can take additional 5-6 working days compared to borderlinx.

price is slightly cheaper with CGW but as mentioned, they round up to nearest 0.5kg, so difference is minimal. certainly not worth the additional 5-6 working days. If you use CGW express service, you actually pay more but get the items later than with borderlinx.
this doesnt sound so bad? So you're saying you used CGW once... and then you regretted using it for this one time?

Xgelis

Reaction score
He must have selected "Normal" shipping, that's why 2-3 working days later then shipped out.

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this doesnt sound so bad? So you're saying you used CGW once... and then you regretted using it for this one time?

Yes, regretted of not finding the location and detailed info. Thought I can get my items to use this long wkend, now it's still in US.

He must have selected "Normal" shipping, that's why 2-3 working days later then shipped out.

I'm a 'cheapo' who always select the cheapest option available, in fact never used any express service before. "normal" shipping through borderlinx is still very fast. 1 working day for them to ship out.

amazon free shipping and borderlinx cheapest option, I can get my items in 9 working days. if use CGW and cheap shipping, 9 days still stuck there. if use fast ship for both amazon and CGW, it's cheaper to just stick to borderlinx.

Last edited:

metzalx

Reaction score
2 reasons why I don't use CGW:

a) CGW rounds up the weight of *each package*. I recommend using Borderlinx instead.
BL rounds up the total shipment weight to the next 0.5kg, rather than per package as CGW does.

If you shipped 6 boxes of 1.1kg to CGW, they'll charge you 9.0kg (1.5 * 6 = 9kg).
The same 6 boxes shipped to BL only comes to 7kg (1.1 * 6 = 6.6 ~ 7kg)

b) You pay *more* for GST though CGW, as they effectively collect 7.35% from you instead.

The main disadvantage of BL, is you need a Citibank CC.

VPOST minimum charge is per package is 0.5kg but does 100gm incremental after that.

CGW is still cheap considering how efficient and trustworthy they are. I've tried a few shipping companies, CGW overall is the best by miles.

I didn't realise how cheap they are until I tried Shipito. I seriously got a shock when i saw how much it'd cost to ship my Shipito packages!!! I only use Shipito to ship stuff like perfumes, which comgateway won't ship because of possible complications. And also when i order beautiful antique stuff which I don't want others to touch. Because comgateway opens the package to get the invoice, whereas Shipito doesn't.

Seriously, CGW is very cheap for the service they provide

Thanks for the info guys! I was comparing different services before deciding to use CGW, calculated shipping using their respective services and found CGW to be the cheapest. Just didn't know that they would round off to nearest 0.5kg per package, which would make shipping more expensive than they seem to be.

Did a calculation to compare 7kg shipped using Borderlinx and 9kg shipped using CGW...
Borderlinx for 7kg: USD60.37
CGW for 9kg: USD59.45

Overall CGW still cheaper. They don't charge the 7.35% GST unless your package including shipping goes above 400SGD right?

malcom90

Reaction score
anyone has experience with comgateway insurance claim?
I ordered a laptop from rakuten, and shipped via comgateway. THe item came in with wobbly hinge and broken parts.

ngng111

Reaction score
Buying Hand phone case

Hi I just purchase a lumia 1020 hand phone. Singapore has no accessories for this model since it has not been launched yet.

i searched and found a few vendors selling lumia 1020 cases and screen protector in USA. Since the case are light and small in dimensions, would it be worthwhile to ship over to Singapore? Read that some round up the weight of each item to 0.5kg during consolidation? Can someone advise a good shipper to use? Not very experiened in this

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody know if polo ralph lauren accept local credit card or i need to use comgateway buy-for-me service???

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score
can check if shipping to boderlinx also incur sales charges ? the state is not sales tax free like cgw or vpost right ?

Last edited:

yeswecan

Reaction score
Hi there, anyone knows the national day promo code for Comgateway? I can't seems to access their facebook page! Thanks a lot!

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
i prefer comgateway...
i can call DHL to track my package and when i call DHL, the call is picked up by an actual person instead of Vpost which u need to press 1, press 2, press 3 press 4 then wait for a long time before u can reach someone....

Devillori

Banned
Reaction score
I decided to buy a sony vaio duo 13 which weighs around 1.35kg(just the laptop weight). Which shipping should i use?

coldboy

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone faces problem paying comgateway using dbs credit card? all my dbs cards failed, but with other banks' cards, no issue.

kian188

Reaction score
Dear ComGateWay,

I have sent 2 emails 2 days ago to ask about how to utilise my live quote shipping guarantee but there have been no replies so far..

I just dropped you a PM..can you help me with it pls?

thanks!

ktee

Reaction score
I have a shipment of 3.5kg pending shipment from CGW.

I hv the promo code for 10% - SGFB2013 (til Sep 2013)

Does anyone has a better promo code? Thanks a lot. :)

Afternote:

I used dbs card n got upgrade to express and 10% off. Additional promo code can't be used (eg. sgfb2013).

Total is usd28+.

Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I got 4 items. each 0.13... but HSG counts per item so.. 0.5KG each. total 20.49USD for shipping

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.