The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

btw, how long does delivery takes huh? thanks! :)

looks like i am too late to give the link. haha.

tumblr_mke212azRA1ql5ylno1_500.gif

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you find yourself having to face a question which is to use hairdryer to blow dry or not to use hairdryer to blow dry. This furthers the dilemma when one is not in a rush to get out of house. So why not i let it air-dry on its own?

There is a difference between blow-drying and letting it air dry completely on its own. The results will be significantly different as blow-drying your hair will create forced movements in the hair due to the strong wind from the hairdryer. That is also why some people use hairdryer to create volume alongside with the use of brush because its different. Letting it air dry will only end up with one outcome - FLAT hair. Of coz if your hair texture itself isnt straight but curly or afro-like, then it might not be the case for you. But because typical asians have straight hair, once air-dried on its own, it will be heavy and hence, FLAT hair.

So unless you r not heading out of house, please do blow dry your hair. And if you are worrying that it will damage ur scalp or something, you can exercise safety precautions by blowing it from a reasonable distance. Like what gaoxing and nightmare mentioned, best results from saltwater spray will be achieved using a hair-dryer.

Hmm no la! Wun have FLAT hair la! Unless you are just letting it air dry without agitation, it wun actually be flat. If you use your hands to tousle and disturb your hair as it dries you'd get volume too. Not as much obviously, but the hair strands stick together in an interesting way. It's been described as the beach look elsewhere, but I think perhaps it works for certain types of hair only. I find that blow drying gives it marginally more volume, and blow drying obviously isn't able to let hair bunch up. If you're hair is as straight as mine perhaps you'd experience similar results. Sometimes I even apply wax when the spray hasn't fully dried. Gives an interesting look. Sometimes I blow dry after getting wax on. Just try la! No need to conform to a set of rules when you have so many permutations to use. Use the rules as guidelines.

Maybe one could also blow dry to create that massive volume, then spray again for the beach feel lol!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Just an update to share. I am left with last bottle of Carbolic Silky Shampoo 420ml. If any want to reserve, please drop me a pm. Others had been reserved and will text accordingly once the stocks are here. Thanks for the great support all along, people!
Eh eh gaoxing and others wan spilt this last bottle anot? XD xD xD

josephkjc

Reaction score
Anyone want to share the Quicksand?

Can just take 2 bottles. Since it won't spoil so fast, you can keep for spare and use when the first jar runs out. It's a small jar anyway so I doubt it can last more than 6 months of daily usage.
Ordered 2 and eagerly waiting for them

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And don't bluff me, you not bui bui but is damn yandao champion. Heard from JHong :o

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And don't bluff me, you not bui bui but is damn yandao champion. Heard from JHong :o

He anyhow lar. He is give face and say nice things.

He's a nice guy so will wanna give me mian zi xis tai mah.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can just take 2 bottles. Since it won't spoil so fast, you can keep for spare and use when the first jar runs out. It's a small jar anyway so I doubt it can last more than 6 months of daily usage.
Ordered 2 and eagerly waiting for them

You can take 2 jug at once bro. Can be kept for at least 6mths or you can mix and match other wax ma.. dont need die die take 2 quicksand =D

I want to try it out first whether it is suitable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.