Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

TheMediator

Reaction score
Just came back from bkk, not sure if anyone is interested in my dtac tourist sim(for free) ?There is still about 70 thb inside which u can use to make calls or make a top up to extend the life of it.

I got bad speeds while using my dtac on my ipad mini, any probs for you?

My fam with AIS fared better instead :(

xiaogui

Reaction score
Happy Tourist 49 vs 299

Hi all,

can I know the difference between happy 49 and 299?

What does it mean by wifi and no wifi?
And 1 day unlimited is until 12Midnight or 24hours upon activation?

Thanks.

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got bad speeds while using my dtac on my ipad mini, any probs for you?

My fam with AIS fared better instead :(

The speed seems to be slower this year with dtac especially when loading foreign sites, i am not sure if it is due to the location i am at or etc. I also encounter frequent switching from the 3G to EDGE network.

Did not try AIS this year, so no comments for that although.

insomanic

Reaction score
I'm actually using True prepaid.

499thb for a month worth of unlimited internet access, and 250mins worth of calls.

So far the service have been up to par with M1 which I've been using back home.

And at 499thb, i really get my value for money. Better speed and reception!!

prezioso

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thailand prepaid card are standard sim card standard? got micro or nano one or not?

blastbl00

Reaction score

499thb for a month worth of unlimited internet access, and 250mins worth of calls.

hi...care to shed some light please..?
do refer to link..your description sounds like iSmart 499..would that be correct..?

iSmart

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

where to buy ?

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the main store a few days back at MBK; no stock. Went to one of those small handphone shops and was quoted 499 baht with configuration. I bargain until 299 baht; wholesale price without config. Put in my phone, switch on.. Working already. Don't need any config. I using BB so need to call and activate the BB plan which is ~80 baht for 1 week.

dtac tourist 299 cards only sold in 7-11 and bkk airport (not don muang) or those thailand local brand 24 hours conviences stores. handphone shop dun sell dtac tourist 299 as they earn nothing. u being conned by the handphone shop. i went to so many handphone shop in bkk and hatyai and zero handphone shop or dtac authorised reseller shop sell the tourist happy 299 sim.

AIS tourist 299 also sold in thailand airport ais booth only. not the don muang one

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see a lot mention that when buying dtac happy tourist sim, need to hand the phone to the salesperson to activate. can't it be done by oneself?

i did it myself and follow the instruction manual. the 3g bb may need to wait and restart a few times and even need to on/off the mobile network a few times before it can work. they will send u sms when your sim i s activated and the 7 days countdown from start on that moment.

very hard to buy dtac tourist 299 sim from 7-11 as many stores no stocks one. best is buy at dtac airport store.

AIS toursit 299 sim only sold in bkk airport(not don muang)

all their sim card no nano only comes in std and micro sized in 1 card so u better buy a sim cutter.

Last edited:

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
I've used the True Mobile Sim card @ 399 baht for 30 days unlimited usage. Data only, didn't top up for voice call

Can be purchased at any 7-11 store.

Speed and coverage is really good. Though I've not use the dtac one before to compare, but speed of True seems to be faster then my m1 4G speed in sg

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi
any idea which tourist prepaid sim card can i get at Phuket International airport ?

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only dtac one. ais tourist card only sold in bkk new airport. buy the 299 dtac tourist one. dun go buy others. not worth it.

timothy

Reaction score
only dtac one. ais tourist card only sold in bkk new airport. buy the 299 dtac tourist one. dun go buy others. not worth it.

Care to share ur experience with both dtac & ais tourist card, which one 3G faster?

Few months back tried dtac tourist card in BKK, 3G speed not as good as Msia DiGi 3G in JB is more stable and faster.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think I just got 'chop carrot'. Bought Dtac happy tourist Nano SIM from Phuket airport at 545 Baht

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm giving away my 299 DTAC normal SIM. (Can change to MICRO SIM)
Self collect at BLT service center tml onward.

balance not sure, I only make one local call less than 2mins.
bought on 22 Aug.

techman03

Reaction score
can the dtac tourist sim fit iphone5?
anyone got spares? im flying to bangkok later 6pm... :(

aholic

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm heading to Phuket next week for a 4 days trip and I'm looking for a prepaid SIM card that can provide me with data for surfing the net, don't really need the calling part.
Seeing the other posts, I concluded that it's the best to get either the DTAC Happy Tourist sim at 299baht with provides 7 day unlimited data or the True Move H sim + 1gb data (at is it 100baht?).
So may I know if there are both DTAC and True Move counters in the Phuket Airport or I can just purchase it at any 7-11 stores? Will there be a major language barrier and having high possibility for stores having no stocks if I buy it at 7-11 stores?
Thank You!

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm heading to Phuket next week for a 4 days trip and I'm looking for a prepaid SIM card that can provide me with data for surfing the net, don't really need the calling part.
Seeing the other posts, I concluded that it's the best to get either the DTAC Happy Tourist sim at 299baht with provides 7 day unlimited data or the True Move H sim + 1gb data (at is it 100baht?).
So may I know if there are both DTAC and True Move counters in the Phuket Airport or I can just purchase it at any 7-11 stores? Will there be a major language barrier and having high possibility for stores having no stocks if I buy it at 7-11 stores?
Thank You!

Going tomorrow, will let you know if I can find it at the 7-11 at Phuket airport, otherwise I will try other places, like Jungceylon Dtac store or Bangla road 7-11.

aholic

Reaction score
Going tomorrow, will let you know if I can find it at the 7-11 at Phuket airport, otherwise I will try other places, like Jungceylon Dtac store or Bangla road 7-11.
That will be great, appreciate it! Enjoy your trip!

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just passed through phuket airport. no more 7-eleven and all the small convenience stores pushing the true move at a much higher price of 5xx baht of 1 week of unlimited Data with free 100THB worth of calls.

Not worth so now trying my luck at 7-eleven at Patong. Hope I can find it later. :s22:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.