Any hotels or accommodation in HK, feel free to ask me...

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, missed your post. Have you been to Cheung Chau? Cheung Chau is one of the popular island, and you can have seafood there. (Although i don't think it is really good). There are many Vacation home you can rent, but it is not cheap...

If just for day trip, Lamma Island or Cheung Chau are good place.

is cheng chau the hk show film 情越爱情海?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In macau can use HK$??? And if they change back small change in Macau$?

And why u guys like going to hK cos when i ask my friend to go together they always complain very expensive buy thing and hotel, they prefer bangkok. So what is it that make you all like going HK?

Often, shop keepers and taxi drivers try to give change in HKD with maybe some small change. There's a minority who try their luck and give you change back in MOP. If not much just spend it all before you leave Macau.

HK and Bangkok are different. Depends on what your interest.

For HK it's the food and weather which I like, hardly go sightseeing as I've been there so many times. I cross over to Lowu for shopping.

For Bangkok, it's the Thai food and shopping. Haven't been there for a few years though.

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the Temple street and ladies street open on weekdays like mon to thur? Tks in adv

Actually the shops at temple/ladies street. Mongkok has them too near the shoe place i can't remember the name now :s13:

One stone kill two bird.

kmkwan

Reaction score
yes. open everyday.... they will setup their stall from 11am onwards..... go from 2pm to 3am...... don't buy at the first stall... walk and compare prices..... and please don't bargain if you don't intend to buy....

Freedomboyz

Reaction score
Hotel stay in Mongkok area

Hi!

Do you have any hotels to recommend near Mongkok station (not the mk east station) ? Would prefer it to be less than 5 mins walking distance, budget will be around 100-150 sgd per night for two people :s13:

:s12::s12::s12:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Do you have any hotels to recommend near Mongkok station (not the mk east station) ? Would prefer it to be less than 5 mins walking distance, budget will be around 100-150 sgd per night for two people :s13:

hotel MK. :D

illusioned

Reaction score
Didn't saw this thread and I created another one! Kindly advise the following..

Hi all, first time visiting HK for 5 nights.
Contemplating about the area to book the hotel.

Rough itinerary of the attractions to visit as follows:

1) Peak Tram
2) Wax Museum
3) Disneyland
4) Ocean Park
5) Ngong Ping Cable Car
6) Star Ferry + Avenue of Stars
7) Outlet shopping at Citygate and Prade at Ap Lau Chau.
8) SOHO + Lan Kwai Fong

At first, decided to book Eaton Hotel at Jordan area because it's nearby the popular Ladies Market and Temple Street night markets. After planning, seems like most of the areas I'm visiting are more or less in the vicinity of HK Island.

Am sure you experts have similar itineraries as they are pretty common areas. Care to advise me which area you guys stayed during your trip? Don't want to waste to much time travelling on the public transport

Cheers!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1,2,4 and 8 with ap lei chau are on hk island. Rest are in Kowloon and Lantau. It's matter if personal preference.
Personally I porefer Jordan as there's lots of shopping and reasonably priced food in the area.

illusioned

Reaction score
1,2,4 and 8 with ap lei chau are on hk island. Rest are in Kowloon and Lantau. It's matter if personal preference.
Personally I porefer Jordan as there's lots of shopping and reasonably priced food in the area.

Could you give your recommendations for shopping and food around Jordan? :) have decided to stay at Eaton :)

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In macau can use HK$??? And if they change back small change in Macau$?

And why u guys like going to hK cos when i ask my friend to go together they always complain very expensive buy thing and hotel, they prefer bangkok. So what is it that make you all like going HK?

i can use HK$ in macau's the venetian, but not sure about the small change as i gave exact.

yup the things are quite expensive, food wise, at least $5 per meal, one small bowl of wanton mee is about 40 plus HKD ($6 plus sing dollars). it's not those fancy restuarants, mind you. i think fast food like macdonalds are even cheaper.. :s13:

shops like H&M etc have similar pricings as those in SG, maybe just a few dollars difference (plus/minus), so it doesnt make sense to buy in HK, then lug all the way back. but the sports stuff in argyle street are a lot cheaper than those in SG.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Food and weather. I usually make sure my HK trips are in their cooler periods (nov-apr) and it feels really nice to walk long distances without sweating like a pig. Hot dim sum to go or just a simple hot takeaway coffee feels nicer when you are out there in cool weather.

HK is definitely not a cheap destination. Hotels are expensive, food actually is pretty expensive too. But I just love their dimsum, roast meat, noodles, etc, that I don't mind paying a dollar or two (after conversion) more just to get my craving satisfied. =:p

Bangkok IS a shopping and street food haven, which is another country which I've started to go on a regular basis. Hotel is cheap, street food is cheap and good, shopping is cheap too (but I'm not a shopping person). But you can't quite compare like that because the food both bangkok and HK offer are rather different. I think it all boils down to preference.

I prefer HK's weather, definitely. And I don't mean anything negative about Bangkok, but I do feel safer when walking around alone in HK, rather than in BKK...

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could you give your recommendations for shopping and food around Jordan? :) have decided to stay at Eaton :)

There's a lot of good food around.

Cha chaan teng

Tsui Wah
Parkes Street Branch Take-out map
G/F, 77-81 Parkes St., Jordan.
Tel : 2384 8388
Open 24 hours

Restaurants - must make reservations.

Golden Federal - Cantonese cuisine, glutinous rice is good.
Golden Federal Restaurant - Guangdong Noodles/Rice Noodles Dim Sum Restaurant in Jordan Hong Kong | OpenRice Hong Kong

Xin Dau Ji - recommended roast goose, suckling pig, open for dinner only, Michelin star restaurant
Xin Dau Ji - Guangdong Chinese BBQ Chinese Restaurant in Jordan Hong Kong | OpenRice Hong Kong

jizzbunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Celine, thanks for extending the helping hand.
Will be my 4th trip to hk in dec later this year.

Anything special I should be covering on this trip?
Going to focus more on annual events, if any.

Thanks and many thanks!

Cress_knightness

Reaction score
Any good hotels to recommend along Nathan Road ?
Trying to do a F & E to HK for a few days in a couple of mths time.
By the way, can we take the MTR all the way to the airport :s11:
So many things to plan *sighz*=:p

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good hotels to recommend along Nathan Road ?
Trying to do a F & E to HK for a few days in a couple of mths time.
By the way, can we take the MTR all the way to the airport :s11:
So many things to plan *sighz*=:p

Which part? Nathan road stretches from tst, Jordan, Ymt, Mongkok, prince Edward . What's your budget for the room?
Couple of months means December? Second half of December is super peak so airfare and hotel rates will be expensive.

Hkia is covered by airport express. If you're on tight budget take the city flyer bus hk$35 one way. Cheapest way.

tiowher

Reaction score
Hi!

Metro park not bad but nearer to Prince Ed station
HotelPrimer.com - Metro Park Hotel Mongkok

Mogkok Stn.. would be langham but not cheap

HotelPrimer.com - Langham Place Hong Kong

Cheap ones around Mongkok would be those 2 stars one... better dont stay at these...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.