[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

victorlee10

Reaction score
I will be transiting at Dubai airport for 7 hours later this month and will probably use the lounge there. Question is some of the lounges have a max stay period of 4 hours. Anyone know what happens if I overstay in the lounge? Can't find this info anywhere else.

I came back last week and apparently they do keep track of time. When I checked in I had to leave my boarding pass with them and they only returned it to me when I left.

Reaction score
Sats better then sq business class lounge? I luv sia terminal 3 biz lounge. So much food.
Lufthansa biz class at Germany was bad.

commonguy

Reaction score
Most ppl, including me, will say SKL Is better than SATS Premier. Although some will prefer SATS.
Foodwise also the quality IMO is better in SKL.

But both lounges are NOT Priority Pass Lounge which is the topic of this thread. ???

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, can I bring more than 1 guest (2 pax) into the KF lounge in Changi? Just happen to be on a biz trip with two other colleagues who don't have KF *G. Just don't wanna dump them outside the door.

Suleyman

Reaction score
I already know 1 pax. I just want to know any luck trying to bend the rules by asking nice or play the ugly Singaporean card or cry and sob story.

Rules are meant to be bent.

& lounge dragons are there to make sure they aren't.

Not to be mean, but it is highly unlikely any lounge dragon will bend the rules for you (they have heard any and every excuse in the book) and making a scene doesn't help.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already know 1 pax. I just want to know any luck trying to bend the rules by asking nice or play the ugly Singaporean card or cry and sob story.

Rules are meant to be bent.

Pay money, simple solution. This is Singapore not Malaysia, rules are meant to be followed here.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pay money, simple solution. This is Singapore not Malaysia, rules are meant to be followed here.

I would reverse the sentence and say Singapore is not the rest of the world, when rules are occasionally bent.

I am not an ass when I travel but I believe we should always at least ask if exceptions can be made. Anyway I will try this Sat morning.

Suleyman

Reaction score
I would reverse the sentence and say Singapore is not the rest of the world, when rules are occasionally bent.

I am not an ass when I travel but I believe we should always at least ask if exceptions can be made. Anyway I will try this Sat morning.

I'm curious to know which lounge was happy to make the exception. I mean, it's not as if the term 'lounge dragon' was coined in Singapore......

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have never tried before as most of the time, I travel on my own only use the lounges occasionally. (usually if I need to shower) First time have to travel with some colleagues with an implicit job of 'nannying' them :s22:

edit:
What i meant earlier was based on my own observations on other incidents rather than lounges. My colleagues have more than often made the airline say 'yes' rather than 'no' by being an ass. I don't agree with this myself and I think it is a waste of time. But I have been told to at least ask and don't be so meek.
Putting aside the lounge, I am told SQ station managers have some degree of flexibility.

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have never tried before as most of the time, I travel on my own only use the lounges occasionally. (usually if I need to shower) First time have to travel with some colleagues with an implicit job of 'nannying' them :s22:

edit:
What i meant earlier was based on my own observations on other incidents rather than lounges. My colleagues have more than often made the airline say 'yes' rather than 'no' by being an ass. I don't agree with this myself and I think it is a waste of time. But I have been told to at least ask and don't be so meek.
Putting aside the lounge, I am told SQ station managers have some degree of flexibility.

It's definitely true that there's no harm asking but I would question your colleagues' "Customer is king and I want it all" mentality.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True.

Customers may be King, but they are not always right.

My brother is a SQ pilot and I have friends who are FOs, so usually I try not to bother them as they are trying to do a job.

I was at Amsterdam Shipol recently and accessed the Servisair lounge using PP (my outbound flight was not Star Alliance). The nice lady allowed me to stay more than the 3 hours allowed under PP. Maybe because I going to her home town. :)

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
My brother is a SQ pilot and I have friends who are FOs, so usually I try not to bother them as they are trying to do a job.

I was at Amsterdam Shipol recently and accessed the Servisair lounge using PP (my outbound flight was not Star Alliance). The nice lady allowed me to stay more than the 3 hours allowed under PP. Maybe because I going to her home town. :)

Must be fun traveling for business. =:p

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
No. :s13: I hope to put a stop to travelling for work, especially to far places in the next few months. Must find something else to do.

I guess can get tiring sometimes? I don't travel outside of Singapore for work. :(

moofiee

Master Member
Reaction score
if i purchase a budget ticket but i do own Piority pass. can i still go in?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.