Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi friends
I need to get five head units, but keep the compressors, is that possible?
The current units are Toshiba Invertor units which are about 5 years old and there are two compressors.
Where would be a good place to buy and what is an estimated price?

Thanks

terumo

Reaction score
To petetherock,
You can check with ur contractor if they sell just the Toshiba fancoil and whether the latest model is suitable for your current compressor unit.

peter2883

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my current Sys 2 but I'm thinking of changing it to a Sys 3 to include my living room...

But I'm worried as my place has already been done up (I've been staying at my resale flat for nearly 02 years now) & I do not know how the piping / trunking will run... My place is quite simple & likely there should not be any major obstacles but will this upgrade be very major? And basing on this would the price be VERY expensive?

NGCK75

Reaction score
Hi,

need help. I have a mitsubishi starmex which trip the circuit breaker. this is a system 2 with standalone breaker. when try to on this, the main also trip. Anyone know the reason? Is it due to faulty cable or the compressor is a goner?

ComputerTime

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using the mitsubishi system 4 for the past 12 years. It has been working fine, until recently, 1 of the blower become faulty. I am not able to start the blower using the remote or emergency/testing button.

1) Is there any contact for the repair other than contacting mitsubishi?
2) Any recommendation for doing the servicing of aircon, my aircon has not been serviced since installation.
3) Any recommendation in doing the relocation of 1 blower unit?
4) Just curious, is it possible to just change the blower plastic cover to the new type just for easy cleaning?

Regards.

Aceyfox

Reaction score
Daikin inverter system 3 using R410 refrigerant

To supply labour and materials to install one set of Daikin system 3, wall-mounted inverter type, R410 refrigerant,
model 3MKS71 / FTKS25 X 3, cooling capacity: 8,000 BTU X 3, c/w new pipework for refrigerant and drainage system,
c/w rubber foam insulation, control wiring for inter-connection of equipment, and testing and commissioning the system
to normal running condition, and c/w opening bracket for outdoor condenser, our price is $ 3,250.00.

To supply labour and materials to install new 15 amp power point at Master Bedroom, c/w submission to authorities for
approval, and to upgrade DB box and ELCB, our price is $ 700.00

Total price: $ 3,950.00

I'm a first time buyer of aircon. As above is quoted by a company. Am i getting a good deal?

Aceyfox

Reaction score
To Aceyfox,

Why ur electrical so exp and the need to upgrade?

Mine is a 20+ yrs old flat. I was told by the aircon guy that my circuit box was the old type with limited switches, can't support the new aircon installation. That's y he has to change a new box for me. Is the quote considered expensive?

johnny_who

Reaction score
To Terumo bro,

I recently bought MHI System 4 with the following spec:

SCM80ZJ/ SRK25ZJ x 3 & SRK60ZJ x 1

I was given only 3/8" piping & 3C/70 wire, is it okay?

Price for the above is $3950.00, is it reasonable or was it too ex?

audiobean

Reaction score
To those who are familiar with aircon, can I ask a not so common question here:

My aircon is not so cold recently. After some checking I found that (in a system-3 unit powered by 1 compressor), when I turned on 1 unit and leave the other 2 units off, after a while, when I touch the fan coil of the 2 units that are off, I will feel that their metal fin are cold.

I.e. this means all the copper connection of all the 3 units are actually connected together. Even if I only turn on one unit, the other 2 unit (although will not have fan blowing out as they are basically off), I can also feel that the fins are cold (i.e. remove the air filter and touch the metal fin).

Is this normal? Wondering why for the 2 units that are off, the metal fins can still be cold, isn't it means the energy is kind of wasted there? Can you guys try it out at your system and let me know if this is the usual case? Thanks a lot for any comments.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To johnny_who,

For $3950, does it include a bracket?

To audiobean,

What brand is ur aircon?

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi people, current fujitsu ac giving problems and family is looking to change. any recommendations for dealers?

we dropped by best tech for quotation and they are the cheapest so far. however i also saw alot of complaints about them :s13:

some feedback would be appreciated!

terumo

Reaction score
To Kusanagi,

Take note of the materials used and terms & conditions.
However, workmanship plays an important part too.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1HTZyhm.jpg

My room window.

Casement or window unit is better ?

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Kusanagi,

Take note of the materials used and terms & conditions.
However, workmanship plays an important part too.

ah yes, he was talking about his ISO certification on workmanship, the lemon law etc. he says the tubes used are also from yamaha? or was it kflex. mother was doing most of the talking, was just behind listening

Hellowei

Reaction score
That report is based on australian customeer usage. because their weather conditions are harsher and westerner are very particular abt service. I believe that if the air con can survive their conditions guess can be trusted.

terumo

Reaction score
Armaflex will be a better insulation. (IMO)

To swordsman, case,net is suitable for ur sliding window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.