Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, most hotels ard Toyako are onsen hotels or Ryokans. By default, they should provide half board (breakfast n dinner) in the room $$.

There are restaurants over there. But be advised bro, if you want full seafood dinner buffet with Hokkaido snow crabs etc, the $$ you pay for EACH pax in a typical seafood Izakaya in Hokkaido is almost the price difference for the whole hotel room with half board and another without

In addition, many restaurants in Hokkaido closes at 5-6pm. You will be hard pressed to find a restaurant that opens late into the night outside Susukino district, Sapporo.

In Hokkaido, their people are not like Sinkies, where we are expected to work for long hours and little pay. They value their family and off duty life more than we do so you gotta get used to the fact that their restaurants, esp those family run restaurants closes by sun down.

Try booking with hotel.com or booking.com for better rates bro. You shd be looking at approx SG$200-250 /room with half board. The rooms will be traditional Japs tatami design so it can accomodate 2-4 pax.

Assuming I am not taking seafood Izakaya but simple meals such as donburi. Is it worth taking rooms without board. I don't mind eating early though. My main worry is lack of restaurants or eateries in Lake Toya

cheefarn

Reaction score
Assuming I am not taking seafood Izakaya but simple meals such as donburi. Is it worth taking rooms without board. I don't mind eating early though. My main worry is lack of restaurants or eateries in Lake Toya

Toyako is circular. You will prob need to drive ard the lake and perhaps spread out to the artries roads abit to find the restaurants you're looking for.

There should be a few restaurants by the lake. But I cannot confirm if they've simple meals like what you've mentioned. Toyako is almost a must go for all packaged tour groups in SG (and other SE Asia countries).

The groups will eat in the hotel main dining room as half board is included in their room rates. There's no need to venture outta hotel for food.

Do google ard to see if you can find a list of restaurants ard Toyako. Worse case scenario.. buy fast food dinner from 7-11, Lawson or SenicoMart and bring them back to your hotel room and eat

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

fiopsy

Reaction score
Hi, I understand that there are quite a few train lines running through Shinjuku. Is there any map/guide available online to show the various train lines' location in Shinjuku station? It's my first time to Tokyo and I'd read that the station is really huge and first-timers might get lost :/ thanks in advance..

Also I'll be staying at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, any idea which is the nearest exit?

hgkiaboon

Reaction score
Hi, I understand that there are quite a few train lines running through Shinjuku. Is there any map/guide available online to show the various train lines' location in Shinjuku station? It's my first time to Tokyo and I'd read that the station is really huge and first-timers might get lost :/ thanks in advance..

Also I'll be staying at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, any idea which is the nearest exit?

South or Southern terrace. (i prefer southern terrace)

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Google map is ur best friend.

power789

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, i am planning to send some stuffs back to singapore via mail, due to not enough luggage space.

i am heading to toyko, which post office should i go to? are they like singapore only 1 post office company singpost?

do they have english for it?

what is the rough cost, let say send 500g stuff back?

pls advise expert

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i am planning to send some stuffs back to singapore via mail, due to not enough luggage space.

i am heading to toyko, which post office should i go to? are they like singapore only 1 post office company singpost?

do they have english for it?

what is the rough cost, let say send 500g stuff back?

pls advise expert
i ever send books back to SG before. About 10kg of books.
You can go to any post office.
English Top Page - JP Post

what thing u wanna ship back.
If can, sometimes the customs allow u to put in, if only 500g.

kikilin

Reaction score
Bros, please advice. =)

Will the flight timing below too rush?

Singapore Airport to Haneda International Airport
Departure at 9:50pm and Arrive at 5:45am

Haneda Domestic Terminal 1 Airport to Hakodate Airport
Departure at 7:25am and arrive at 8:45am

Once I arrive the Haneda International Airport I will need to go to the departure area at 3F to collect the portable wifi before taking shuttle bus or train to the domestic terminal to take the domestic flight to hakodate.

Will it be too rush? The time gap is only 1hr 20mins to chop passport, collect baggages and collect portable wifi.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bros, please advice. =)

Will the flight timing below too rush?

Singapore Airport to Haneda International Airport
Departure at 9:50pm and Arrive at 5:45am

Haneda Domestic Terminal 1 Airport to Hakodate Airport
Departure at 7:25am and arrive at 8:45am

Once I arrive the Haneda International Airport I will need to go to the departure area at 3F to collect the portable wifi before taking shuttle bus or train to the domestic terminal to take the domestic flight to hakodate.

Will it be too rush? The time gap is only 1hr 20mins to chop passport, collect baggages and collect portable wifi.

Is the portable wifi counter open at 7am? If plane lands on time, you might be able to exit Haneda Intl at 6:20 am providing you only have a hand carry. Waiting for luggage will be another 15 mins at least. You can check in straight away at arrival hall. Shuttle bus between Intl and domestic will take you another 10-15mins. Even without collect your portable wifi, you are already cutting it too close. You need to be in the departure lounge by 7:10.

kikilin

Reaction score
Is the portable wifi counter open at 7am? If plane lands on time, you might be able to exit Haneda Intl at 6:20 am providing you only have a hand carry. Waiting for luggage will be another 15 mins at least. You can check in straight away at arrival hall. Shuttle bus between Intl and domestic will take you another 10-15mins. Even without collect your portable wifi, you are already cutting it too close. You need to be in the departure lounge by 7:10.

The collection location is a post office 24hrs.
If not I will have to order and delivery to my hotel instead.

Jeremy Khong

Reaction score

I stayed there the last time too, Southern Terrace is your nearest exit, but you have to cross through a building after you exit. Once you know how to get across it's really fast.

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score

Try this even though it might not be enough.

JR“Œ“ú–{*F‰w*\“à*}*i*V*h‰w*j

Yes it is huge because of the underground connections to buildings around the area and around 4 different train companies.

solarwings

Reaction score
How does the tourist tax refund system work in Japan?
Only big shops have refunds. I did one in bic camera when I bought my 3ds.
When you're at the cashier, tell them you want the tax refund and show your passport. Then the person will bring you to the correct area, you fill in a form, sign and then the tax is deducted at the register.

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea how i can get ghibli museum tickets in Singapore?

JTB i asked already but need to book hotel rooms with them then they will help ...

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea how i can get ghibli museum tickets in Singapore?

JTB i asked already but need to book hotel rooms with them then they will help ...
Cannot get in SG.
When are u going? I might be able to help get.
Handling Fees: $5 per ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.