Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this system still have bugs based on my recent experience..

There is a stock where I Q 2 times but cancelled on Friday. I made sure that there was no Q on Monday. Alas.. suddenly that Stock of 10Lots appeared on my screen as filled.. I called CS but they say doesn't appear on their screen. Strange thing is that I cannot sell :( They asked me to take a screen shot and I sent to them and CC the name of the CS, so that they can followup.

Whole day no news.. the next day, I can transfer out the funds and the stock disappeared.. a few days later.. wanted to buy stocks and TT to the securities account and ALAS, the stock suddenly appeared and appeared as Filled at the buy price on Monday !!!

Scary........:s22:......

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well the call finally get through. They told me that there is some technical glitch (which he says that the tech team said that it will be resolved by 930am but obviously failed).

There is ONLY ONE GUY in-charge of booking trades manually for the whole SCB and as expected, he is swamped with trades so I did not bother to book my trades. Shouldnt they have greater capacity in case of break downs?!?!

Really annoyed with this experience. With normal brokerages we can easily call another firm if one brokerage is down, but with SCB we are very vulnerable. The cheap commission is at the expense of customer service. Is SCB trading value for money? I am starting to have doubts...

are you a trader? are you a panic seller? then you better weigh the risks against the costs.

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is ONLY ONE GUY in-charge of booking trades manually for the whole SCB and as expected, he is swamped with trades so I did not bother to book my trades. Shouldnt they have greater capacity in case of break downs?!?!

Imagine if he takes MC... :eek:

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went down to a branch to open on thursday afternoon. hopefully, the trading account can be activated by next week..

w1rbelw1nd

Master Member
Reaction score
are you a trader? are you a panic seller? then you better weigh the risks against the costs.

Haha I would like to think that I am neither. I think everyone has the right as a consumer to expect a certain level of service. While I do not sell or buy on a whim, I want to be able to buy/sell at least 99.5% of the time when I feel like it.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Haha I would like to think that I am neither. I think everyone has the right as a consumer to expect a certain level of service. While I do not sell or buy on a whim, I want to be able to buy/sell at least 99.5% of the time when I feel like it.

Is like buying otak outside mrt station but ask why don't have cleanliness grading from ministry of env

nauhchop

Reaction score

I have SCB, Kim Eng and Kayhian accounts.

But I use SCB because of the no min comm. I have experienced twice where SCB website fails. To me, the cost savings compared is great enough for me to still retain using SCB as compared to perennial brokerages.

If KE and KH can give what SCB gives me where there is no min comm and still maintain the kind of standard they have, I would use them instead. However right now SCB is in its own league because of no min comm.

I can suka suka buy any amount without worrying of min comm.

That's why if SCB is down, do prepare an alternative brokerage as back up but also do prepare to pay more comm. I am sure other brokerages have more staff as compared to SCB because we actually pay them more commission to feed more staff. :s13:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I went to SCB ask le. You need to had a min of 6 trading with other broker account than can open. I also ask what if people lie. They say they will check if lucky will able to pass. And also need to open a account with them with your money inside.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to open an account with them.

Shares purchased using this account will be held by SCB and not CDP.

Can anyone enlighten me, what is the reason behind this?

Thanks in advance!

wolfgang13

Reaction score
one way to trade using mobile is to download google chrome and change the settings to desktop mode. however screen too small to trade well but gets the job done.

If you are a customer of SC HK- they offer their customers an iPhone app to trade.

Strange they dont offer it to Singapore customers yet.

Maybe we should push?

nauhchop

Reaction score
If you are a customer of SC HK- they offer their customers an iPhone app to trade.

Strange they dont offer it to Singapore customers yet.

Maybe we should push?

Not enough comm bah to push such technology. My advice is if going increase comm to make an app, don't make app better.

wolfgang13

Reaction score
Not enough comm bah to push such technology. My advice is if going increase comm to make an app, don't make app better.

They make enough money to offer this to customers-

Especially if HK and other markets can.

Singapore shouldn't be treated like the poor cousin.

sakuraji

Reaction score
Managed to open an account with them.

Shares purchased using this account will be held by SCB and not CDP.

Can anyone enlighten me, what is the reason behind this?

Thanks in advance!

So that you need to use their platform to sell and they can earn the commission.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
SCB Equities Trading hotline is 1800 242 5333 so i don't have to go through the main banking line.

COMPLIMENT:
Whenever I call, this indian guy always serve me. Is he the only CSO there? Balam or Balarge or something Ba.. He is efficient and will always fulfill his promise such as giving a call back by end of day or once the matter is resolved.

Anyway, my most recent CDP to SCB transfer took 2 working WEEKS. Just for an update to ppl who are expecting shares transfer.

COMPLAINT:
I still don't understand how some RM can be as stupid as a newbie. He insisted that I fill up the transfer form with my DBSV or POEMS or UOBKH or any brokerage account number. I told them my shares are with CDP. But he keep insisting that those stocks are bought with a broker. So I have to transfer from my broker firm to SCB.

Really feel like giving him a tight slap. SCB NEX Branch RM.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
SCB trading platform is really bare minimum and fuss-free platform to place order and forget about it kind. With such low commission, please don't ask for more things like iphone app or live ticking price. I like it the way it is and hope the comm. remains the same.

Just use your iphone and login to SCB internet banking to execute your trades. What's so difficult about it. Shares bought will appear, money transferred will definitely still be yours, maybe it just need 2-3 working days. So have some patiences. And go explore every clickable links please. Set SMS notification, check open pending orders before complaining not enough power...

There is no other competitor in SG to offer something comparable as yet. So pls don't kill them for taking on a bold new frontier.

Btw, anyone knows if I can open a second Trading Account with SCB? Yes.
FAQ: How many Online Trading accounts am I allowed to open? How am I able to view my holdings?
There is no restriction to the number of Online Trading accounts that you are able to open. You are able to view your holdings online via the Online Banking link on Online Banking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.