-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shiro is like a wind or a shadow. He flow or appear out of nowhere to surprise you with it's awesome shot.

Like this Brian really is a god man, Maybe i should be a skw for him to sneak peek how he did it :o

You'll be surprised. Brian doesn't use fanciful stuffs. Simple cheapo umbrellas only. I've seen him in action and his gears aren't the latest and top stuff. He's just experienced and skilled.

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll do much group shots, but yes.

I don't own a flash yet. No budget for one. :s34:

/Dan

Only buy equipment which you think you will need. Dont need to own all the equipment in the world to make images. Have the image you want in mind, and aim to reproduce it on the sensor. Then further enhance it using technology...

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

/Dan

depend on how many ppl in your grp shot lor. There no hard rule one.

2 to 3 ppl = I normally settle with a F4 + Flash

more than 5 ppl = I settle with either F8 or F11 + Flash

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depend on how many ppl in your grp shot lor. There no hard rule one.

2 to 3 ppl = I normally settle with a F4 + Flash

more than 5 ppl = I settle with either F8 or F11 + Flash

Don't use number of people as a gauge la. Use the dof required

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am thinking if it's better to bring the 17-50/2.8 or the 50mm prime. The versatility of the 17-50 in a cramped house might work. But the weight. :s22:

/Dan
In-door 17-50 will be better, but unless you are really interested to shoot, else don't bother bringing a camera? Just go out and enjoy. These days my photography trips are more planned than ad-hoc. Yesteryears, I carry my DSLR everytime I leave the house on weekend.

50mm after 1.5 will be 75, that's pretty much tight... 1/4 body shot, or at max 2 head shots side by side.

another award winning shot! :eek::s31::love:
Errz da pro suan me again, no friend chiu riaos.

/Dan
Flash can be a bane or boon... I prefer to shoot ambient at times, not necessarily need a flash, but yes, I do own two units.

Weigh and see if you use them regularly. If you are pure landscapist, or street-photographer, then flash is not really something necessary.

It's interesting, however, to play with Nikon CLS.

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Train your gut lor, Last time i use sniper lens stand far far snipe also....

Switched to 35mm on crop = standing just 4 ft away from cosplayer get even better result :o

Interact with the Coser, make friend with them then next time round can ask out for private shoot :D

Alway remember Private shoot will alway be better than public event shoot as there too many ppl distracting you or the coser.

I basically just hate the PhotoG who just cut infront of me when it's me who asked the coser to for a photo session....

I see.... i only know how to talk to my wife wor... too long never chit chat with ladies le....

Sniping still the best method to get those shots or even generic street shots locally. For other countries, 35mm or 50mm focal length is the 'standard' street shot. For us, it's at least 85mm coz any closer, if the subject notices, he/she will look awqy from the camera and u would have lost your composition. Cosplay also same technique. The best shots are always their candid shots from far away rather than their photoshoots.

interesting theory....

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry. What's STGCC?

Am thinking if it's better to bring the 17-50/2.8 or the 50mm prime. The versatility of the 17-50 in a cramped house might work. But the weight.

/Dan

Wait till you carry Tokina 11-16...

Will intro you to my grp to let u take more photo when i see you
I shy.. :s34:

Really? Cosfest my favorite lens is 85mm (FF) :s13:

Up close and isolated. :vijayadmin: No space for longkang! :sad:

Cool. Sounds interesting. =)

Sounds really interesting too!

Thanks technica. Much to learn, but will keep this in mind.

Indeed. Hence wondering whether to risk less F stops for better versatility.

/Dan

Dan, time to meet up lah.. Impart me some OS-X knowledge also.. :D

Haha I liked 35mm a lot but I realize I always end up infront of the photog wall, damn paiseh one so I switch back to 85mm

Usually I camp there wait for wall to clear then I ask the coser if it's okay for a few pics so that the coser can concentrate on my lens only

And dun anyhow say, tiger and dragon is Brian Lim (my idol) and Shiro Ang god :s13:

I'm just a small fry :crazy:

Brian Lim i heard was once a landscape god. Seeing tecnica korkor so godly in landscape, if go into portrait and landscape photography sure champion one.. :s12:

Last edited:

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait till you carry Tokina 11-16...

I shy.. :34:

Up close and isolated. :vijayadmin: No space for longkang! :sad:

Dan, time to meet up lah.. Impart me some OS-X knowledge also.. :D

Brian Lim i heard was once a landscape god. Seeing tecnica korkor so godly in landscape, if go into portrait and landscape photography sure champion one.. :s12:

Wait till you touch a fisheye with pano kit

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait till you touch a fisheye with pano kit
Fisheye?

tibet1.jpg

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do lens spoil ah :s22:

Moi was wondering...
Wear/tear.

Especially those lenses with simi VR/IS, SWM/USM, tend to wear out over time.

Thus some still very much prefer manual lenses. The only manual lens I have is the CZ 85 1,4. No use also no scared spoil.

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do lens spoil ah :s22:

Moi was wondering...

New lens have electronics. That can screw up. The focusing motor also can fail over time. Else. Glass break lo. Take a hammer and whack. Sure spoil. Old lenses can have their coating peel off after a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.