The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
REVIEW OF THE GOLD DIGGER!

Just received the Gold Digger By Vilain. took them less than 2 weeks to deliver from Denmark. Thumbs up!
Design of the container i guess they got the idea from Sebastian craft clay.

First Smell impression - hardly any smell, hmm can't make up what smell it is but its definitely not smelly. very mild smell (maybe butter not definitely not shea butter)

First impression, the texture of the product looks like HdF sponge wax but once you dig it out, it will feel like the Sebastian craft clay. Very thick and very heavy clay feel. This is kinda different from the usual HdF product i used. It's so strong (stronger than Sebastian Craft Clay) that you need a little strength to emusify the product in your hands, got to rub till it's a little warm before applying. This product dries up really fast so once it's in your hands, must quickly apply into your hair. It's so darn strong till you need a little strength to power it thru your hair. Shaping and styling of hair is as easy as the videos we watch on Slikhaar Tv, they didn't oversell their product. Totally matte look. You can have the sleek matte look, beach style or even wild hair do, this product will certainly hold it. Very dry product, comparable to Uevo Grey and Nigelle Bold Make Clay (maybe even drier).

One of the strongest product i have ever used (even stronger than the old Sebastian Xtah Clay)

From what i read, maybe having a few tiny drops of water will work the product better and will help give you some time to style before it dries up. I still prefer to have no water though.

so far from 7am till now, my hair hasn't really flopped, even my long fringe sticks to the side and my sides that are shaved, grew out is still pressed down in place.

Will update if it's easy to wash off using normal shampoo.

*buyer beware - this is damn strong clay. Not suitable for people with really fine hair, other than that, i would recommend people to dry, it's quite cheap, 24 bucks after shipping.

I think there's a promo for buy 10 tubs. I can help order if got 10 people interested. I don't earn but i get the free KMS styling spray (as profit, haha)
Need 10 to fill up the order and we can go order! total 130 Euros + shipping,1 around 25 sgd odd? PM me or text me 96927419

IMG_20130827_202156_zpsb87830a3.jpg

wahhhh if my hair use this sure drop like hell!!!!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wahhhh if my hair use this sure drop like hell!!!!

actually depends, if you use abit, shld be quite good. very strong! last longer.
but finish your quicksand first. haha or u want to cocktail both them also can.
i am gonna dry on friday. haha

quicksand help to soothe the applying process, not so hard.

Buy for me new cues leh. I no money to spare unlike you. :(

haha wah lao. i don't play pool or billiard alr. haha hair product cheap cheap la. haha $20+ can last so long

aorealme

Reaction score
Nakano wax & Schwarzkopf spray

I have just gotten Nakano wax and Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray from soonw29 and would like to share my review about them. Found both products complement well for quiff styling. They keep all the hair in place while maintaining volume. Both have very nice smell, even nicer than Joico Ice in my opinion. I have thick and straight hair so I am not sure about the results on other hair type.

Nakano has a sticky body and thus useful to hold stubborn hair down. It gives a slight gloss finish which makes the hairstyle slicker and suitable for office and elegant style. If you are looking for matt finish I suggest other wax such as joico instead.

Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray is a must to have for styling quiff. It is a sea salt spray equivalent. Just like other sea salt spray, it is applied on towel-dry hair and then blown dry into quiff shape. Works like magic as it keeps the stubborn strands at the sides and back well in the position that I have blown dry. Makes my quiff styling very fast; in less than 10mins.

In all, if you are going for back comb or quiff, a sea salt spray will definitely help tremendously. This is just my review on these 2 products, you might not need to get the same brand but strongly recommend a sea salt spray if you are having trouble doing a perfect quiff.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually depends, if you use abit, shld be quite good. very strong! last longer.
but finish your quicksand first. haha or u want to cocktail both them also can.
i am gonna dry on friday. haha

quicksand help to soothe the applying process, not so hard.

dun wan my hair is really thin de.... :(:(:(

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just gotten Nakano wax and Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray from soonw29 and would like to share my review about them. Found both products complement well for quiff styling. They keep all the hair in place while maintaining volume. Both have very nice smell, even nicer than Joico Ice in my opinion. I have thick and straight hair so I am not sure about the results on other hair type.

Nakano has a sticky body and thus useful to hold stubborn hair down. It gives a slight gloss finish which makes the hairstyle slicker and suitable for office and elegant style. If you are looking for matt finish I suggest other wax such as joico instead.

Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray is a must to have for styling quiff. It is a sea salt spray equivalent. Just like other sea salt spray, it is applied on towel-dry hair and then blown dry into quiff shape. Works like magic as it keeps the stubborn strands at the sides and back well in the position that I have blown dry. Makes my quiff styling very fast; in less than 10mins.

In all, if you are going for back comb or quiff, a sea salt spray will definitely help tremendously. This is just my review on these 2 products, you might not need to get the same brand but strongly recommend a sea salt spray if you are having trouble doing a perfect quiff.
hair shot? haha i am learning to do a quiff.
mine always chui. haha

i think sea salt spray better, natural. the one you using is like mousse. but also works la. haha

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
train 5 hours leh! haha.. i train basketball also never so hiong. haha

play punch with people la, can play for free.

Give me train outdoor sports, 5 hours also cannot lar. During NS time shouldn't be a problem though but now lim bek liao. :s13:

Play punch with me lar. 1 point 50c also can. Highest I played was show hand though. Cue vs cue. :sad:

kuku beans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feel like having an extremely short shaved hairstyle, from my usual long Japanese style with hair covering eyes n ears. time for a drastic change.

but dun want to follow the common trend of quiff undercut. want to be different a bit.

anyone have recommendations for shaved short style? must be short n shaved, but not until like totally botak lah.

sample pics please.

thanks

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feel like having an extremely short shaved hairstyle, from my usual long Japanese style with hair covering eyes n ears. time for a drastic change.

but dun want to follow the common trend of quiff undercut. want to be different a bit.

anyone have recommendations for shaved short style? must be short n shaved, but not until like totally botak lah.

sample pics please.

thanks

quiff quite common overseas but not in singapore leh.... seldom see quiff or backcomb... dunno i go wrong places or what....

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sample pics please.

thanks

google ivy league cut. I think must have defined jaws then is nice.

some samples
lol The O.C. Ryan
03.jpg

Chris or Liam Hemsworth? lol
short08.jpg

Give me train outdoor sports, 5 hours also cannot lar. During NS time shouldn't be a problem though but now lim bek liao. :s13:

Play punch with me lar. 1 point 50c also can. Highest I played was show hand though. Cue vs cue. :sad:

aiseh, cue vs cue. the only show hand i know is poker. hahaha
i very noob already. never touch table sports alr.

soonw29

Reaction score

Hi bro, thank you for your review! Any one interested in this Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray or Fudge sea salt spray, feel free to pm me or check out my thread.

Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray is a liquid based product that does the same thing as a sea salt spray and even better volume and is not greasy like sea salt spray.

Sample size of 30ml can be sold for testing purposes. =)

soonw29

Reaction score
hair shot? haha i am learning to do a quiff.
mine always chui. haha

i think sea salt spray better, natural. the one you using is like mousse. but also works la. haha

Bro,
The Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray is a liquid based spray similar to sea salt spray but without the greasy feeling.

Look at the volume i created with it:

2cf6s10.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, thank you for your review! Any one interested in this Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray or Fudge sea salt spray, feel free to pm me or check out my thread.

Schwarzkopf Root Lift and Bodifying spray is a liquid based product that does the same thing as a sea salt spray and even better volume and is not greasy like sea salt spray.

Sample size of 30ml can be sold for testing purposes. =)

errr. sea salt spray is not greasy la bro.
it's just water + sea salt spray to start with. other ingredients applies. but still it wasn't greasy in the first place. :)

soonw29

Reaction score
errr. sea salt spray is not greasy la bro.
it's just water + sea salt spray to start with. other ingredients applies. but still it wasn't greasy in the first place. :)

There is some gel which they mixed inside to create the hold.. I would not say greasy actually but is just that can feel something is there. Hahah. Dont really know how to explain.

Also, i am referring to Fudge sea salt.. Not sure about other products thoughh

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is some gel which they mixed inside to create the hold.. I would not say greasy actually but is just that can feel something is there. Hahah. Dont really know how to explain

i am not sure about the ingredients inside but i don't think got gel.

the salt dries up and gives you the volume and hold.
it's like u go swim in the sea and dry your hair naturally, will have hold one. lol

soonw29

Reaction score
i am not sure about the ingredients inside but i don't think got gel.

the salt dries up and gives you the volume and hold.
it's like u go swim in the sea and dry your hair naturally, will have hold one. lol

Hahah.. Alright alright, i will go home and double check the ingredients and let you know. But nevertheless, its a good product.

I say theres gel inside cause of the DIY sea salt spray videos i saw, they all add in some gel to create the holding. So i presumed commercial products have it too.Correct me if i am wrong

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

sample pics please.

thanks
I think the one you recently posted good wad! What's holding you back from that one?the one with long fringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.