View Single Post
Old 29-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
gaoxing84
Great Supremacy Member

REVIEWS PART 2
Decided to write this review after using the gold digger from gaoxing bro only after 2 days cause I thought that I would be able to give an more informed review, and also because i'm good at procastinating

Anyway, my first impression of the wax was that it wasn't going to be too strong as compared to the armino spice which i am using now and absolutely adore! But was i surprised! The strength is similar to, if not stronger that armino wax. The hold also seems to last throughout the whole day. My hair also remains pliable the entire day, cause who here doesn't like to go to the toilet or use handphone camera to adjust and play with your hair!?!

There is no doubt that this wax has a matte texture which is a favorable thing in my opinion. A weird thing i found is that the my hair seems to be easier to style an hour or two after the initial application, after the wax has matured(?). Washing the gold digger off is also no issue as it comes off easily and cleanly.

The incredible holding strength though is a double-edged sword. Upon raking my hands through my hair with this product, some of my hair will snap due to the holding power. However, this being said, my hair is fine in nature and not in the best condition after many bleachings. Also, i do admit i tend to go overboard on the amount i put. So, i doubt many will find this an issue.

Overall, i am very satisfied with this product and i'm quite confident that i will finish this entire tub. *Looks at the pile of half-used hair products* At the rate which i am using, a new tub might soon be in order.

Anyway, here are some pics of how i style my hair. Pictures were taken at the end of the day with no additional product being added. Don't say i no pics!

Thanks Bro Gaoxing . Sorry to keep you waiting .

Met this cool dude with manly beard to get my GD and SF . Though he was in a rush to attend something , but he say " Any problem , u can come find me ( haha like a big bro saying any dai ji can ask for my help .) "

OK here is the review for SilverFox , the contents compared to Gold Digger was abit more complex . Tub of SilverFox and Gold Digger differentiates with a Silver and Gold lining respectively .

Opened this babe with an seal attached , Outlook of the wax was not appealing ( Somehow looks like wet cement.) Smell wise was musky and perhaps a sweet tinge of cedar . Applied a slight more than finger nail size of it , and the feel was quite different as it gives " wet stick glue somehow like UHU Glue ( it is a very strong hold with obvious parting once i styled ) " hahaha. Hairstyle is side parting by the way.

So here comes the real test of the hold of this babe:

1st Test :Walking up the slope against wind blowing ( Most wax i applied had failed during this first stage , as my fringe would flop down to another side due to wind) , babe stands out against all odds though i admit there's a slight movement of fringe , but hair was kept in place. ( Passed )

2nd Test : Walking in the automatic doors along the walkpath towards my office. For every automatic doors opening , there will be a slight windblow from the aircon against you . Fringe was keeping in place with no feel of flop. ( Passed )

Final Test : Walking in the gents to check the result . Hairstyle was still kept in place with little need to touch up . Glossing all the way ! ( Passed )

This babe proves herself with extreme hold and gloss .
hey guys, any recommendation for a salon that cost below $20 for a men's haircut? planning to go for just trimming and keeping it neat and tidy. i think what leejhong said makes alot of sense, in that it is not worthwhile to spend so much on just trimming your hair if your hairstyle is the same.

anyway, do you guys style your hair before you go for a haircut? i think if style hair it will make it easier for the hairstylist to cut, but not sure if it is the common practice.

also, i purchased gold digger and os sea salt spray from gaoxing94. the os sea salt spray works as stated. created volume and made my hair look not so flat. for the gold digger i used a very small volume to style my hair, since i was afraid i would pull out too many of my fine hair. managed to achieve the hairstyle i want. was in aircon environment for around 8 hours, and hairstyle didnt collapse. my fringe did drop down a little every 2~3 hours or so, but a quick fix (pushing my fringe back up) would do the job. Might be because of my previous hairstyle as well, since i had a long fringe last time and my fringe would always fall on my forehead, so hair not used to spiking? anyway, its a good product! seller was very efficient and helpful as well.
Bought Kanebo shampoo and PP spray from leejhong 2 weeks ago, guess I will write short reviews for them.

Before reviewing the products, I have to praise bro leejhong for his service. He changed and arranged his timing to meet me. Really appreciated that.

First is the Kanebo shampoo which I think most have known the quality. The most impressive part is how I can use 1 pump to wash the styling powder, Gold Digger and spray from my hair in 1 wash. I use Schwarzkopf taft powder for volume instead of sea salt spray and those who use styling powder will understand how hard it is to wash your hair, I usually need to wash twice. The first shampoo I use that can clean it in 1 wash is Kanebo My hair is also less oily the next day and becomes easier to style in the morning.

Got the Kanebo conditioner sample and when used with the shampoo really makes my hair soft and refreshing. When he said the conditioner makes our hair soft he was not kidding, which is why I just ordered 1 bottle.

Next is Power Point spray which is indeed lightweight and most important it is matte. Size is big too making it value for money.

Another sample I got was 90 Degrees wax which is pretty unique. It doesn't clamp the hair together and very dry yet has a strong hold. Smells a bit funky tho but at least the smell is not strong and when I step out I don't smell it anymore. May consider it next time after I use it more as it is quite new to me.

Another mention to Gold Digger which I got from another great seller bro Gaoxing. If you want strong hold, you won't go wrong with Gold Digger. Gold digger is the only wax so far that can bring down my sideburn. Usually only Joico Ice Spiker can bring my side hair down but I prefer GD as it is matte. And I can style and re-style my hair all day long with GD which is also shown by Gaoxing in his video.

Now my hair still a bit short but just nice will be long enough to style slick side parting for CNY
bump.

Here to FR a bit.

The Seller:
Friendly. Trust-able. Environmentally friendly.

The products:
1) Sea Salt Spray
2) Gold Digger

Before that, a bit of background. I usually don't style my hair because of the inconvenience. Therefore i usually perm to give it volume. Or else, i'll just leave it alone to be flat.

Since i read that these pdts are good, i wanted to give it a go. It's also inexpensive.

The SSS provides a little hold and a ton of volume (with the help of the hairdryer, of course). 1st time i've had smt which actually gives my hair much volume. The lotion type volumizer i got from my hairdresser provides only about 2/3 the volume at most (probably because its lotion and, therefore, heavier). (EDIT 2: I also have matt powder around. Others feel its able to provide volume. But i can't seem to get much volume out of it compared to this SSS.)

The Gold Digger, i read, provides quite a strong hold. And my hair is pretty thin. As such, i have only used it with pre-wet/damp hands. (keeping in mind that i don't usually style my hair and would require a longer time to play around with) This has given me an out of bed look w/o too much fuss. Something i have never achieved via self-styling before.

TLDR version: SSS provides tons of volume. GD, for my unusual purpose, has, for the first time, allowed me to achieve an out of bed look + contain the curls' messiness + chance of re-styling if i decide to change/touch-up half way through the day.

EDIT:
Conclusion: Good buy! BUT will not recommend others coz i don't want them to be able to achieve the out of bed look easily.

Ok, time for my FR on the younger brother of the much raved GD; Silver Fox.
This is my first FR/product review ever so might be a bit of lengthy with some stories.

First off, 5 Stars for the "service" provided by our shuai ge gaoxing. Now i see why so many ppl fapping to him, good looking guy. I had contacted him to get a tub of SF last week and he told me collection was on Monday onwards as his weekend schedule was unpredictable. Friday evening i texted him to see if he can squeeze out 5 mins to meet me as it was the weekend and i had run out of product to use. Certain areas of my hair tend to wave a bit at the ends when no product (a bit like Liam Hemsworth's waves). It's bearable but i have a bit of OCD when it comes to hair.
I offered to go down to GX's place directly and he was kind enough to accommodate me at 11pm. Yup GX thats me, i look like pinoy? xD in case you're wondering i'm neither one of the 3 major races in SG either.
He spent some time talking and advising me about the product and even let me touch his hair to feel the texture.

Ok so opened the tub and took a sniff. The scent was a little musky, the pleasant sort. Reminded me of cologne from Davidoff or Ralph Lauren. Do note however that scent is a very personal and subjective to individual preference. It looks like cement, slightly tough to dig out but no issue really.
Now, other than Fudge Matte Head all the other products i have used are off rack from supermarkets namely Gatsby. Trying Silverfox i seriously felt like a caveman who discovered fire.

Used just a tiny bit, about half of what you normally see in Slikhaar's videos rubbed it in my palms till it heated up and ran it through my hair. To my surprise despite its dry appearance it ran through my hair smoothly unlike Gatsby which you get a lot of resistance and hair drops.
Raked my hair with my hands only and in a few swift moves the pomp i created was to my satisfaction. Didn't have to keep redoing or attempting to force hair in certain areas into place. It has somewhat of a shine finish not as much as i'd like but sufficient.
I normally use Osis Freeze strength 3 to finish off as i do not like restyling my hair and like it to sit in the same place the whole day but i went without spray this time. The scent on this thing has got me absolutely addicted.

Test against nature: I frequented Tanjong Pagar and Harborfront area last year so i know the wind conditions there. However the wind there is like a cake walk as compared to the wind in my area. I run a shop under a block facing a huge open and unobstructed space. The winds here are all day long and are so strong they can push chairs (those kopitiam type) 1-2 meters away(similar to the wind you see in GX's video. With such strong wind i didn't expect too much tbh. Wind blew against the direction i styled by hair in and to my surprise not all my hair got pushed upwards like Johnny Bravo but rather just a little in the center flew and looked like Ultraman. Went to the toilet to restyle and i got it back into place in 1 swift move. Repeated this a few times over the day and it was such a breeze to restyle. Really never encountered this before. Tested restyling with a fine tooth comb. Those who have done this with other cheaper waxes know its a big no-no. Once again to my surprise it didn't screw up my wavy ends and NO FLAKES! SUGOI DESU!

Test #2: I know its not a healthy habit but sometimes when im too tired from work i just crash with wax still in my hair. Dont go all eeeee on me. We have all done this. So i intentionally went to bed with the SF still in my hair to see if i would wake up looking like C4 exploded on my head(it normally looks like that with other waxes). After 6 hours of sleep i looked in the mirror and my hair was out of place of course but very very toned down as compared to normal. I literally went "Wow". I could still restyle it with 1-2 attempts and it looked great again. Actually i thought it looked even better! Still no flaking! Do note that i don't have flat hair issue, i do have some natural volume so it normally looks unforgiving when i sleep with wax in my hair. All in all i had that little bit of product in my hair for over 30 hours.

Overall this a fan-****ing-tastic product with great hold and restyling ability(considering i had it in for that long). Unlike any other i have used and i really like it. Only wish it had more shine cause i believe if you wanna wear a classic hairdo like pomps/quiffs no matter now modified it is it has to have a slick shine to look classic. Having said that perhaps lesser shine will suit certain outfits better. Also wish SF and GD were more easily available here May just get a tub of Layrite Pomade for formal wear.

A tip for those who have issue forming volume, Styling your hair in the opposite direction it grows in normally automatically adds volume. I didn't use any SSS. I normally style my hair in the direction it grows in so what i did was to blowdry in the opposite direction, get SF all over my hands then run it through hair and push it back in the correct direction. So you can either try styling in opp direction or blowdrying in opp direction.

/EndofRant

Last edited by gaoxing84; 24-07-2016 at 10:23 PM..