Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singaporeans are hard to please. They want cheap if possible free but 5 stars services.

I like the way it is now. Hopefully the low cost commissions stay on longer. I am saving tons of $$$ at the moment.

wolfgang13

Reaction score
please don't ask for more things like iphone app or live ticking price. I like it the way it is and hope the comm. remains the same.

You seriously think that by putting out an iPhone app they're going to push up the prices of commissions across the board?

Do you know what a minor cost it would be compared to the daily commissions they receive?

They've done it for other markets already.

You seriously need to stop being so scared of banks. You're the customer.

I will be requesting it. Do you honestly believe they'll push up the commission across the board just because one person asks for an iPhone app? Dude.. Seriously.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You seriously think that by putting out an iPhone app they're going to push up the prices of commissions across the board?

Do you know what a minor cost it would be compared to the daily commissions they receive?

They've done it for other markets already.

You seriously need to stop being so scared of banks. You're the customer.

I will be requesting it. Do you honestly believe they'll push up the commission across the board just because one person asks for an iPhone app? Dude.. Seriously.

actually they already have an iphone app for banking, all they need to do is to add in one more page for scb shares trading, probably it is in their pipeline already or else MAS doesnt allow then to add in?

wolfgang13

Reaction score
actually they already have an iphone app for banking, all they need to do is to add in one more page for scb shares trading, probably it is in their pipeline already or else MAS doesnt allow then to add in?

Exactly..

They've now got S2B (finally) as an app.

Other markets are doing it.

People, don't be scared to demand services from your bank. They are not struggling.

gaara666

Reaction score
People, currently I am kinda struggling with SCB online trading regarding the amount in the security settlement acc. The thing is the transaction amt is not cleared instantly from the acc when I buy/sell shares and this gets messy when I want to use the credit that I got from the sales to purchase another counter but the amt reflected is not my actual credit. I also cannot find the Purchasing Power indicator .. so I have to wait a few days before the amt gets posted to the respective accs before I have a clear view of whats left in the settlement acc. Anyone has the same issue?

boiboi123

Reaction score
Anyway, my most recent CDP to SCB transfer took 2 working WEEKS. Just for an update to ppl who are expecting shares transfer.

COMPLAINT:
I still don't understand how some RM can be as stupid as a newbie. He insisted that I fill up the transfer form with my DBSV or POEMS or UOBKH or any brokerage account number. I told them my shares are with CDP. But he keep insisting that those stocks are bought with a broker. So I have to transfer from my broker firm to SCB.

Really feel like giving him a tight slap. SCB NEX Branch RM.

Had the same experience with SCB vivo too.. :s11:

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got experience with the stop loss feature?
sZh1eqO.png

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask those with existing SCB acc...
I recently just went to open 1 and i filled up the CAR form... but how come when my account is activated the website still prompts me to fill up the form again?
Please advise.

Cheers

boiboi123

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask those with existing SCB acc...
I recently just went to open 1 and i filled up the CAR form... but how come when my account is activated the website still prompts me to fill up the form again?
Please advise.

Cheers

to clarify, your trading account has been opened already?

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Need some clarification.

Recently opened a trading acct with them.

They sms me the temp password, but no user ID given.

How do I login? or should I just wait for their mailer once account has been completely open.

Thanks in advance!

BusteR

Reaction score
i use existing UOB KH to trade for past 3 years - on and off.
i'm a long investor ~$50k portfolio - 5 stocks ea averaging ~$10k

is it better that i transfer over to SCB since i'm a small time 'on-off' player?

i HAD opened a trading account with SCB already but 0 trade atm.
my current stocks are checked in CDP and of course shown in UOBKH trading platform - UTRADE.

my attached UOBKH gal broker is very nice
- call me in morning (that i have mistook placed 2 sell orders on same stock)
- call me during day to increase my trade limit (whenever i hit the roof)

... her sweet and assuring innocent voice :s13:

if i transfer to SCB, will she knows i jump ship?

coldedplay

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just turned 21 not long ago. I tried to open an SCB account, but they say I'm not eligible to do so because I did not meet their criteria. They said they have 3 different criteria. One of which was to have at least 6 transactions of traded SIP.

I have traded quite a number of stocks before which I set up under POEMS when I was 19. But stocks does not count as SIP right? The guy on the phone said there is no other ways to go about setting up SCB account, unless I meet the criteria.

Any kind souls out there know anything about this or able to help in any ways? So do you guys actually meet the criteria when you open the account?

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is it better that i transfer over to SCB since i'm a small time 'on-off' player?

my current stocks are checked in CDP and of course shown in UOBKH trading platform - UTRADE.

bro, she will not know if your stocks still in your CDP or not. :D

xVrooMx

Reaction score
boiboi123: I think so... i received email saying its activated and the settlement account also can be seen also.. just that i cant proceed becoz of the CAR thingy which I submitted when i applied it at the branch.

nauhchop

Reaction score

Do not think that using scb is only by small time players.
Use scb only have cash then can play. Not by leverage or margin or contra.

Just like those who go restaurant use credit card are richer against those who pay cash. :s22:
She will not know u jump ship but she will know u will trade lesser and lesser on their platform. =:p

BusteR

Reaction score
Do not think that using scb is only by small time players.
Use scb only have cash then can play. Not by leverage or margin or contra.

Just like those who go restaurant use credit card are richer against those who pay cash. :s22:
She will not know u jump ship but she will know u will trade lesser and lesser on their platform. =:p

can show me the path to apply for stock transfer to SCB?
i'm lazy on a fri afternoon =:p

nauhchop

Reaction score
can show me the path to apply for stock transfer to SCB?
i'm lazy on a fri afternoon =:p

You need to go to an scb branch and ask the RM to do a transfer.

Remember when u go scb, if the RM is not familiar with your request, do speak to his/her superior. =:p

BusteR

Reaction score
You need to go to an scb branch and ask the RM to do a transfer.

Remember when u go scb, if the RM is not familiar with your request, do speak to his/her superior. =:p

but i got trading account with them liao. i still need 'personally' go down and chat huh. aiyo.. wait later they sell mi products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.