-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
motion blur

oh... do you think it's cause by my hand movement or performer movement since he is trying to face another direction without moving the Pot?

Will changing focusing mode to Ai Servo helps?

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh... do you think it's cause by my hand movement or performer movement since he is trying to face another direction without moving the Pot?

The performer fault. He move too much. :o

I suppose you were shooting wide open?

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score

you shot it at 1/320s, judging from this i guess it's more on the motion blur caused by the performer, unless you really got jelly hands. :s22:

changing to servo af maybe will help but you need to track the performer and move with them too, to ensure higher hit rate. but i think you need higher shutter speed la. just boost your ISO to 200 or 400, since you are only at 100.

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you shot it at 1/320s, judging from this i guess it's more on the motion blur caused by the performer, unless you really got jelly hands. :s22:

changing to servo af maybe will help but you need to track the performer and move with them too, to ensure higher hit rate. but i think you need higher shutter speed la. just boost your ISO to 200 or 400, since you are only at 100.

i see... i don't think i got jelly hand... hehehe... :s22:

MarkersNg

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wasted the capabilities of your camera and lens IMO..

But you happy can liao.

Anyway don't use the canon software, try lightroom. Amazon sell around 100+/- USD.

Of course there is a way around it, but let's not discuss it here..

I use Photoshop leh

Got it from the way around :s34:

Is Lightroom better?

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup... wide open... 1/320 sec by Aperture mode... focal length 70mm...

General rule of thumb. To freeze walking humans, the shutter speed should be at least 1/250. For performers, I think you'll need even faster shutter speeds.

Also, do consider stopping down slightly to get a greater DOF if the performer is moving. This decreases the likelihood of the performer going OOF.

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use Photoshop leh

Is Lightroom better?

They complement each other. Both are useful in their own ways. Find the workflow you are comfortable with. What matters to us is the output, not the process.

MarkersNg

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They complement each other. Both are useful in their own ways. Find the workflow you are comfortable with. What matters to us is the output, not the process.

Just got Lightroom from the hill. Shall play around with it tomorrow :s34:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use Photoshop leh

Is Lightroom better?
Output is what it matters.

No doubt Lightroom is more user friendly with all the sliders. But I will always turn to photoshop for stitching panoramas, doing HDR and "purging" distracting elements.

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
General rule of thumb. To freeze walking humans, the shutter speed should be at least 1/250. For performers, I think you'll need even faster shutter speeds.

Also, do consider stopping down slightly to get a greater DOF if the performer is moving. This decreases the likelihood of the performer going OOF.

Ok... Will take note and try... =)

dxboy

Honorary Member
Reaction score
moi noob shot for today.

chill. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

My STGCC Portraits. :s34:

focus. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

kick. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

swing. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

sweetie pie. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

This wasn't on purpose. But i kinda like this being over-exposed.

over-exposure goodness. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

filled with love. by Alexander.Cesario, on Flickr

what u did sir? the light bandings..... :(

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:eek::eek::eek:

moi agar-ration iish 1/60~!~!~!

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

just to add on :s34:

many people think hab F1.4/F1.8 lens means use F1.4/1.8 to shoot streets at night :s34: fast shutter speed + nice nice BOKEH~!

but iish notch true, cause besides capturing/freezing their motion, if they out of focus is very painful to watch :s34:

dont tell me some OOF pics are nice, i think none of us has reached that level yet :(

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

many people think hab F1.4/F1.8 lens means use F1.4/1.8 to shoot streets at night :s34: fast shutter speed + nice nice BOKEH~!

but iish notch true, cause besides capturing/freezing their motion, if they out of focus is very painful to watch :s34:

dont tell me some OOF pics are nice, i think none of us has reached that level yet :(

Indigod's pro input!:love:

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The street god has spoken... No f8 no talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.