[OFFICIAL] What You Hate/Dislike Thread

jelt2359

Reaction score
One iem that I've tried that I seriously didn't understand the appeal of is the SM3. But then again this was in meet conditions with my own (not necessarily most synergistic) source.

I like the idea of this thread, lets see how it turns out.

Protagonist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah first few posts went out of topic already. maybe shld be closed?

can tell why people are abit ruffled maybe due to my first few "bashes"? I say things as it is (in my opinion of course) and yes others might have different opinions its totally fine I welcome it.

well its kinda the reaction I expected from some of you so its fine.

This thread was meant as a source for those who find that their opinion differs from the general consensus and want to express it in a place they wont get shot down by the "audiophiles"

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So much negativity in this thread lol because of the threat title

Anyway, I don't really like se846. I know right now there are 2 distinct camps of haters and likers for it. I for one am not find the 846. Tried it at mook. Can't remember what filter it was but it was overly warm and bassy and didn't lacked the resolution you might expect from a flagship model

Don't like miracle also. But not really don't like, more of wouldn't get. I would rather get Merlin instead.

Haven't tried 3a, 4a and 8a but from reviews, I don't think I might like the 3a and the 4a. Hopefully I can demo them soon to get an accurate impression of them

Don't like my Chris himself cable

Don't like the normal mainstream stuff like jays and beats. Beats studio is good. But for the price I'd rather get something else along the HD series

SenGuards

Reaction score
I'm still enjoying my popcorn
Hoping for more drama here

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned SE846 :s13:

I miss the minions :s12:

OT: I agree with Razor, through two separate occasions when I demoed the SE846 (once during Mook, once at JEM's ConnectIT), I found the bass overly prominent, too much in quantity and not as tight/controlled. In addition, I even compared the clarity to my W4R and found it lacking.

Additional information: At Mook, I used the DX100 w/1.3.7 firmware to drive the SE846; At JEM, I used the AK120 w/1.32 firmware. I believe they had the Balanced filter on the SE846, as I asked.

If I had to recommend a flagship UIEM at similar price range, I'd much rather recommend the Sennheiser IE800 (do take note that the highs may be a bit too sibilant for some) or AKG K3003; However, they are not without flaws.

Last edited:

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
ask mr koelsch come give his opinion. im surprised he hasnt posted yet

He busy with something else

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned SE846 :s13:

I miss the minions :s12:

SE846?
Nay, enough has been said about it liaoz.
I add in some more later SE846 owners BTH, burst out crying later.

Lol. Just kidding.

Minions?
Oh, they are busy.
I made them collate my MO orders.
Lol.

chikyblink

Master Member
Reaction score
hey i like this thread too.
like TS said, there's more truth in these kinda threads rather than appreciation threads where everyone seems to blindly justify their expensive hoots.

Protagonist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So much negativity in this thread lol because of the threat title

Anyway, I don't really like se846. I know right now there are 2 distinct camps of haters and likers for it. I for one am not find the 846. Tried it at mook. Can't remember what filter it was but it was overly warm and bassy and didn't lacked the resolution you might expect from a flagship model

Don't like miracle also. But not really don't like, more of wouldn't get. I would rather get Merlin instead.

Haven't tried 3a, 4a and 8a but from reviews, I don't think I might like the 3a and the 4a. Hopefully I can demo them soon to get an accurate impression of them

Don't like my Chris himself cable

Don't like the normal mainstream stuff like jays and beats. Beats studio is good. But for the price I'd rather get something else along the HD series

if 3a is exactly like the 3ai, its really good in the sensed that its detailed and sub bass is there. however, the mids are kinda non-existent. felt really empty for me in that area.

if you like lush mids, doubt ull like the 3ai

HOLYMOFO

Master Member
Reaction score
never like shure iem. test 215, 535 but didnt find it amazing. always find the design awkward to put on for me. my conclusion is the price doesnt match its performance.

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
never like shure iem. test 215, 535 but didnt find it amazing. always find the design awkward to put on for me. my conclusion is the price doesnt match its performance.

i feel that my SE215LTD performs much better than my UE superfi.5 pro which i bought for double the price of the shure.

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont like ue900, find it too muddy. Not worth the money.
Um3dd put on 30sec take off. Speechless.

HOLYMOFO

Master Member
Reaction score
i feel that my SE215LTD performs much better than my UE superfi.5 pro which i bought for double the price of the shure.

not sure about LTD edition. last time i test se215 vs ba200. my vote goes to ba200 =:p

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you like this thread to be more educational, do state where you are coming from, what type of music are you into and also, your source. If the idea is to give an idea to "browsers" on what to get, this will give them an even detail understanding.

Aside which, most starters would have issues understanding terms like "warmth", "soundstage". Probably the first thing that comes to them is "isolation".

My 2 cents.

P.S: I don't like to remember what I hate, because you never know you'll simply like it as time passes. :)

nightingelf

Reaction score
MG6Pro: Because it is dynamic driver, output impedance really matters. Reason being MG6pro rely heavily on damping. Hence, I find this both a bad and good point.
Bad being that you have to hunt for that good amp with <2 ohm output.
Good point being you know what to look for in spec list before even trying it out.

Examples:
TTVJ Slim(roughly 2.2 ohms output) requires the smallest vents
iBasso D42(assumed 1 ohms output) can go without vents

I would say MG6Pro is literally a miniature speaker

-edit-
Listen to lots of music genre.

I guessed FS took out the full closed vent option is due to overly damped by mechanical means.

Last edited:

Noirkw

Reaction score
I approve this thread. People just don't like it when other people bash on their opinions, lawl.
On the other hand, having appreciation threads only serves to sway the buyer and not giving him a fair judgement of a product. Hearing both sides of the coin is always the best thing for people so that they can make their own decisions.

846 is bad.
Some brands too hyped
Some brands too overpriced
Some claim to hear differences when it's placebo
Some just after the most expensive gear
Some just want to haolian
"Gearphile" fits the bill for a lot of people

Back in 2007/2008 I used to have a RSA HORNET (older model non 'M') for those of you who don't know, connecting to an iPod 5.5G and then to my UM2 which I upgraded to UM3X. 2 years down the road I realised, WTF am I bringing this brick out. And bam I went into desktop audio. Never looked back. Having been into audio for 6-7 years, I learned to semi understand hearing the difference, and seeing the difference. Most I feel will come to understand with experience. I have, and it saved me a lot of money

RSA is overhyped and overpriced. I fell for that. There were so many controversies around the DarkStar. I'm glad I steered away

Last edited:

Protagonist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UE900. went through portable source S3, Iphone 3gs.

okay earphone on the overall daily listening. closer inspection, it is not as detailed as the Heirs (muddy perhaps like Rubick said?) and quite analytical kinda sound. suited to chill listening more then rock

on bass heavy songs the bass breaks iirc. like piak piak piak

jelt2359

Reaction score
Agree need to put some context. I like rnb and some rock, some jazz and some hip hop. I love female vocals particularly. I don't listen to classical at all. The signature I like is lush mids, impactful bass, good clarity without congestion, and good soundstage + air. Comfort is paramount for me, and I like portable setups because I'm only back in Singapore typically on weekends.

I used to like my um3x for its mids and of course comfort. But wow now when I listen to it it just sounds very dark with too much (and not very impactful) bass and a small soundstage.

The sm3 sounded to me like a um3x with bigger soundstage but less separation and less mids, really didn't like the signature.

Apart from that don't remember many things that really stood out to me. I do have a dislike for tube amps that try to sound solid state though- lol, chalk that up to my love for lush mids. To this day nothing bears turning on my ttvj mhp and hearing that tube rush sound (before the music starts).

Last edited:

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree need to put some context. I like rnb and some rock, some jazz and some hip hop. I love female vocals particularly. I don't listen to classical at all. The signature I like is lush mids, impactful bass, good clarity without congestion, and good soundstage + air. Comfort is paramount for me, and I like portable setups because I'm only back in Singapore typically on weekends.

I used to like my um3x for its mids and of course comfort. But wow now when I listen to it it just sounds very dark with too much (and not very impactful) bass and a small soundstage.

The sm3 sounded to me like a um3x with bigger soundstage but less separation and less mids, really didn't like the signature.

Apart from that don't remember many things that really stood out to me. I do have a dislike for tube amps that try to sound solid state though- lol, chalk that up to my love for lush mids. To this day nothing bears turning on my ttvj mhp and hearing that tube rush sound (before the music starts).

Nice.. I guessed with little time on hand, you'll probably find it hard to try new stuffs to please your ears.

I've got a gut feel that you'll like the Fitear TG334. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.