The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack112

Reaction score
Any other salons to recommend for a haircut under 30 bucks?

I know kobayashi comes highly recommended, but is there any other salon that is good as well?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And actually I realise most of JH's bro products that he recommend and bring in will always give a natural outlook.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw your bundle deal thing. The thing is my friends also don't wanna commit if can't try samples.

Like for Jbro's clay, we're all very happy with the results but the turn off part was that its quite expensive. :s13:

Nigelle Bold Make Clay is good but yeah, i got to say that its expensive too. BUT reservist got pay liao, red beret. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And actually I realise most of JH's bro products that he recommend and bring in will always give a natural outlook.

Haha now that you mentioned, there is some kind of similarities for products that i bring in which i didn't really realize too. I will be bringing in a new brand of clay next month. EBL Head Colour Hair Clay. Tried it personally myself and the holding power is awesome. Any form of gravity defying hairstyles will be plausible but might not suit that well for slick back or side comb hairstyles too, as its pretty dry.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gataomo

DA Hairdressing

I got a friend who cuts at Gataomo too. Turns out pretty well too. There is student price over there and i think it costs $16 or $18 (can't really remember). Different tier of pricing for different hairstylists and it isn't expensive for getting the head stylist to do the job for you too. One of the places that i will contemplate to try out in the future.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol at last the Kobayashi ship is sinking... back in the "salon thread" I told you all liao, the chio bu purple/vivian cannot last one la, unless your stylist is some guy or not chio bu. x3dnd3x go to the higher floor outlet, not so much people there, and Su not as popular as those 2 mentioned. at most yumiko is chio if you can pay her rates.

simi loyal regular customer, they dun give a flying **** about you

they got what sponsor for The Great Gatsby, they no need care about their customers liao what, like those big companies that do styling for TV or fashion shows.

every time take photo, say their salon is full, only got 4-5 sylist and double the amount of seats, half for those cutting and the other half for people to wait... haha

and I know the boss, stylists and maybe customers of Kobayashi will read this forum, but either you do something about it, buck up or be prepared to lose customers

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a friend who cuts at Gataomo too. Turns out pretty well too. There is student price over there and i think it costs $16 or $18 (can't really remember). Different tier of pricing for different hairstylists and it isn't expensive for getting the head stylist to do the job for you too. One of the places that i will contemplate to try out in the future.

actually I found this salon, while waiting for my appointment at Koba, the irony. Looked decent, not too shabby, no harm giving it a try since it is around the same price as Koba.

I tried Jenzson, quite good, in fact I was prepared for a bad hair day.

the boss is Jacky, his schedule is packed but he won't double cut people at a same time slot. can try May too. :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol at last the Kobayashi ship is sinking... back in the "salon thread" I told you all liao, the chio bu purple/vivian cannot last one la, unless your stylist is some guy or not chio bu. x3dnd3x go to the higher floor outlet, not so much people there, and Su not as popular as those 2 mentioned. at most yumiko is chio if you can pay her rates.

simi loyal regular customer, they dun give a flying **** about you

they got what sponsor for The Great Gatsby, they no need care about their customers liao what, like those big companies that do styling for TV or fashion shows.

every time take photo, say their salon is full, only got 4-5 sylist and double the amount of seats, half for those cutting and the other half for people to wait... haha

and I know the boss, stylists and maybe customers of Kobayashi will read this forum, but either you do something about it, buck up or be prepared to lose customers

I've had enough of Kobayashi man.
Wait 1-2hours with an appointment made. "Are you in a hurry?" "Can you wait 15mins"
Come on, I'm no idiot or have a screw loose somewhere, I know what's 15minutes & a good 1hour odd over close to 2hours. there's absolutely nothing magical about the haircut & experience there to warrant a 1-2hour wait.
Being treated like an idiot one time too many is not very funny - it damages the very inner core of me.
No reason to spend over 100 there almost every trip to be treated like an idiot. i've much better things to do with my life
bro, you serious that the Kobayashi dudes read this forum too? very good, then i've my final two words for them & that is FUG YOU!

Last edited:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any other salons to recommend for a haircut under 30 bucks?

I know kobayashi comes highly recommended, but is there any other salon that is good as well?

you better have patience if you wanna try out kobayashi, be prepared for a good 1-2hour wait. the haircut & experience is not magical enough to warrant a 1-2hour wait imo.

hmm no, I would think if it's your first time there, they'll prolly serve you first and get everything done good for you. but when you're a return customer, things might probably change for you, and you'll get the 1-2hour sheet thrown at you even with an appointment made. of course, I sincerely hope none of that happens to you. best wishes. :o

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Kobayashi dudes have this on their website. whaddya think yo? what can you infer from that? i don't know man. :o:o:o

Announcement - Kobayashi Hair Design

35m0e9f.png

Last edited:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they only put the good stuffs of course la, if they can put edmw reviews, then they should be able to put your review about them too.

speaks volume when they put links about the looks of the stylist than their hair skins :s22:

Any stylist i should look out for?

as mentioned: Jenzson

May and Jacky are the salon manager and director respectively, so they will command a higher price, but Jenzeon is surely within your price range

at DA, you can try Zen or Stella

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha so far haven't got any **** service from koba yet. Haha if got, sure jump ship. Lol.

Anyway, anyone wanna try tigi catwalk session sea salt spray let me know, selling my brand new bottle. Lol

darren89

Reaction score
I've had enough of Kobayashi man.
Wait 1-2hours with an appointment made. "Are you in a hurry?" "Can you wait 15mins"
Come on, I'm no idiot or have a screw loose somewhere, I know what's 15minutes & a good 1hour odd over close to 2hours. there's absolutely nothing magical about the haircut & experience there to warrant a 1-2hour wait.
Being treated like an idiot one time too many is not very funny - it damages the very inner core of me.
No reason to spend over 100 there almost every trip to be treated like an idiot. i've much better things to do with my life
bro, you serious that the Kobayashi dudes read this forum too? very good, then i've my final two words for them & that is FUG YOU!

I encounter the same situation too, waited close to 1 hr despite making an appt with them. Give them 1 more chance, if still no improvement I will be jumping ship laio

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rmb to say no to wait for awhile. Problem solved. But if you get **** hair cut the leave lo. Jump ship. Haha cannot give in to them because they pretty or say pls what. You made an appt. You have the right.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I encounter the same situation too, waited close to 1 hr despite making an appt with them. Give them 1 more chance, if still no improvement I will be jumping ship laio

usually what time u guys made the appt?
so far didn't encounter any problem for my afternoon session, hope it stays that way:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.