[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyber_Optix

Reaction score
Just joined the club with a DS213j, very satisfied with the performance and not to mention the apps available. Anyone knows if Plex available anytime soon for the DS213j?

xjchew

Reaction score
DS411+ user here.. just noticed this thread.

Disk 2 in my SHR array got a few I/O errors the past week.. guess it's time to upgrade soon..

Egoistee

Reaction score
#2 and #4 are chicken feet to any decent NAS model.
#3 depends on how you are streaming. If it's directly from the shared folder, it falls under #2, so no issue, but if you're thinking of using Video Station or Plex to stream to iPad or mobile devices, get 412+
Not sure what you need for #1. If it's for download etc, no issue at all.

I was comparing the exact same thing as you before. In the end went for 412+ due to its Intel processor (so can run Plex) and 1GB RAM.
Thanks for ur advice.. i went with ur recommendation.

Egoistee

Reaction score
Thanks for ur advice.. i went with ur recommendation.
Guys... those using Video Station...
Pls install the beta version. I tried the latest version, when streaming via apps it does not have sound.

Apparently after doing a bit of research it was due to some copyright issues that they removed the codec in the latest version. Once u install the beta version the sound will supported.

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
remote access from public area.

If I want to download something or view photos from public computers. What are the things I need to enable? Also I need to type in ":5000, 5006, 6007, etc" behind my DDNS link?

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mail Server? Does the Mail Server support multiple Hosting?
My fren thinking of having his c/o 3 different email domains to be put them
on the DS1511+ and not to use the service of mail hosting by the xxx c/o.
I know of static IP and Domain name pointing to the static IP and MX record
is a must. But what about can the DS Mail Server handle multiple domains
i.e. @abc.om @def.com @xyz.com?

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
If I want to download something or view photos from public computers. What are the things I need to enable? Also I need to type in ":5000, 5006, 6007, etc" behind my DDNS link?

yes.

you can only use port 80 (for 1 application) - generally.

so choose it wisely if you do not want to put the port no. at the back.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mail Server? Does the Mail Server support multiple Hosting?
My fren thinking of having his c/o 3 different email domains to be put them
on the DS1511+ and not to use the service of mail hosting by the xxx c/o.
I know of static IP and Domain name pointing to the static IP and MX record
is a must. But what about can the DS Mail Server handle multiple domains
i.e. @abc.om @def.com @xyz.com?

try it and he will know.

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
yes.

you can only use port 80 (for 1 application) - generally.

so choose it wisely if you do not want to put the port no. at the back.

My ISP is SH has block port 80, I also opened a new port 82 from my router and in the NAS router I also port forward 82. But when I login with my 4g through mobile browser "hostname.synology.me:82". I got a message Web station has been enabled. To finish setting up your website. Please see the "web service" section of DSM help. What is wrong somewhere?

Edit: When I try "hostname.synology.me:5000", I'm able to login.

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U using starhub fibre or cable?

My ISP is SH has block port 80, I also opened a new port 82 from my router and in the NAS router I also port forward 82. But when I login with my 4g through mobile browser "hostname.synology.me:82". I got a message Web station has been enabled. To finish setting up your website. Please see the "web service" section of DSM help. What is wrong somewhere?

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya, starhub cable has block port 80.

I had port forward port 82 from my router & NAS. But i still get "Web station has been enabled. To finish setting up your website. Please see the "web service" section of DSM help." message.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score

from what i read.. your webstation got no issue.

have you written any page for it? It seems like you have not done any thus the page of "Web Station has been enabled"

Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
oh wait, what exactly are you trying to do btw?

because after reading i saw this

fyi, go disable the webstation since you are not planning to host a site on your NAS, instead you should install photo station

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.