Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which is why I say u should get the mobile wifi instead.

u can still pay-as-u-roam with your normal sim card and have internet access.

PLUS u can use ur iPad

water88

Reaction score
which is why I say u should get the mobile wifi instead.

u can still pay-as-u-roam with your normal sim card and have internet access.

PLUS u can use ur iPad

The device's battery can last?

Iszit depend on which one that chose ?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mmmm if u on turn on the wifi on your device when u need it... the battery is quite lasting.

best if u got a power pack with you so that you can charge the mobile wifi receiver. it would surely last abt 20hrs that way.

it can get quite hot btw, where you place it will be kinda important

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend rented it from the owner of the guest house at 500 yen a day. Seems unlimited surf. Think we used a NEC one though I don't know the model. Fully charged, it can last at least 12 - 16 hours continuous. I think it's ******* value for money.

sashababy

Reaction score
Hi! Been monitoring this forum for a couple of weeks for more information about Nihon! Decided to participate after seeing your generous offer. This is my 2nd trip to Tokyo(1st trip was bad, 0 planning. Only memory of the trip is my visit to Disneyland -.-)

Taking Malaysia airlines flight at night, will land in Tokyo on 27th of October(Sunday) at 0740.

Day 1 (27/10)
Take the NEX to Shinjuku, drop off luggage at the hotel and go out for breakfast and familiarising myself with the surroundings. Check in in the afternoon, shower and go to Meiji Shrine and Harujuku. Back to Kabuki-Cho at night for dinner. I wanna check out the Shinjuku batting centre to hit some balls

Day 2 (28/10)
Wake up early to go to Tsukiji Fish market, skipping the auction though. Not too interested in screaming Japanese men and the smell of fish. But I do wanna have breakfast(probably lunch when it's my turn in the queue) at Sushi Dai. Walk around the market and head to Asakusa for Sensoji Temple. After that, have some fun at Akihabara. I know it sounds really touristy but I would love to experience dining at a Maid cafe and check out the 7 storey sex shop and maybe buy a costume if it isn't too expensive. Considering the fact that costumes at spotlight is like SGD$30-$40. Will go back to Shinjuku for dinner and sleep early, definitely smashed by nightfall.

Day 3 (29/10)
Disneysea! Probably reach there at 8am and get all the fast passes! Kiasu max, haha! But I wanna get on everything! Check out Shibuya if I have time at night.

Day 4 (30/10)
Check out Shibuya's day scene and visit a cat cafe. <3 Neko ) Oh yes, TMG tower for the view and Joypolis at Odaiba. I used to layover in the Odaiba hotel when I was a crew, don't remember the place being very happening.

Day 5 (31/10)
Leave in the morning to Hakone and do the circuit. Wanna eat those black eggs at Odawara! Check into a Ryokan and enjoy the 6pm Kaiseki dinner and have some onsen fun at night

Day 6 (01/11)
Do the lake Ashi cruise and head back to Shinjuku. Not too sure what to do on this day.

Day 7 (02/11)
Need to be at Narita at 6pm for flight back to SG Will I be able to squeeze anything in on this day?

Sorry for the super wordy post but I'm soooo excited I'm gonna dieeee!!!!! Planning my #OOTDs already OMG 50 days!! Pure torture!!!! :s12:

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows about fireworks period in Tokyo or the regions closed to it?

So far I understand NYE is not a night for big bangs like sg and the firework matsuri usually happens in the summer.

I was searching around youtube and a FW from Tochigi prefecture came up in first few days of the new year but their prefecture website doesn't seem to turn out anything for 2014 ...

zanyduke

Reaction score
Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Ticket

How to travel from Osaka using this Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Ticket?
At this website Value Tickets | Central Japan Railway Company, it state that
From Osaka (via Hokuriku Line): 23,580 yen
From Osaka (via Hokuriku/Chuo Line): 25,980 yen

However, it never mention the departure station from Osaka. How can I make use of this ticket?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[Departure from Kyoto City/ Osaka City (Via Hokuriku Line/ Chuo Line)]
Reserved seats of ordinary car of the Shinkansen (limited to "between the departure station and Nagoya" via the Chuo Line) and limited express train are available one time each for both to and back from the Alpine Route.
* Reserved seats on ordinary cars are available for respective trains only when connecting to limited express trains at Kanazawa Station.
* Reserved seats for ordinary car are available for respective trains (ex. Shinano and Azusa) only when transferring to a limited express train at Shiojiri or Matsumoto when travelling between Nagoya and Shinano-Omachi.

their website information slightly hard to find :o

*PS: For Shinkansen (bullet train), Osaka's station is Shin-Osaka. Kyoto station (Shinkansen platforms) for Kyoto.

Last edited:

zanyduke

Reaction score
their website information slightly hard to find :o

*PS: For Shinkansen (bullet train), Osaka's station is Shin-Osaka. Kyoto station (Shinkansen platforms) for Kyoto.
Yeah, very hard to understand too. I realised a lot of people ask about this ticket from Osaka or Kyoto. However, no one can explain well. Makes me wonder if anyone has even successfully buy and use that ticket :s13:. This is my first trip and needs to do a detailed planning. I don't speak japanese. Worst scenario, i might just buy 7 days rail pass

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the price is not very different and JR Pass gives u access to the ENTIRE JR network + shinkansen.

you will need transit from your landing airport anyway.

with the distance you are likely to cover. a JR-Pass does not look like not worth it.

a 2 way trip on the shinkansen more than makes up for it

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, very hard to understand too. I realised a lot of people ask about this ticket from Osaka or Kyoto. However, no one can explain well. Makes me wonder if anyone has even successfully buy and use that ticket :s13:. This is my first trip and needs to do a detailed planning. I don't speak japanese. Worst scenario, i might just buy 7 days rail pass
If I understand correctly, you can depart from any station in Osaka city (or Kyoto), take the Limited Express or the Shinkansen (Ltd Exp is faster) with free seat reservation both to and fro to Toyama where you get onto the Alpine Route. The ticket is only Y25,000. A 7-day railpass is???

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it states the line very clearly, in Osaka there is like 6-8 lines running within the city and out of the city to Kyoto, Nara...

zanyduke

Reaction score
A 7 days rail pass is 28,300 YEN but this pass does not cover some of the route like Toyama – Alpine Route – Shinano Omachi and Shinano Omachi – Nagoya. For the alpine ticket, it covers local railway and buses. I read from this site Suggested Sightseeing Courses | Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route – Official Website

This ticket is also longer in duration by 1 day.

Osaka station does not mean Shin-Osaka right?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A 7 days rail pass is 28,300 YEN but this pass does not cover some of the route like Toyama – Alpine Route – Shinano Omachi and Shinano Omachi – Nagoya. For the alpine ticket, it covers local railway and buses. I read from this site Suggested Sightseeing Courses | Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route – Official Website

yah, 7-day JR pass doesnt cover the alpine route, which alone will cost 10,000yen from Toyama to Shinano-Omachi. so this new pass would be better

Shin-Osaka is a different station from Osaka station.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well if you are not travelling elsewhere for this trip, the special ticket is the cheapest. But if you are intending to travel to other cities out of Osaka, you might want to consider the rail pass then.

RobertTeo

Reaction score
Hi going to Tokyo free and easy in Nov. may I ask where to book day tour to Mt Fuji and Hakone.
Shall I book in sin or Tokyo?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.