[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

martin

Reaction score
finally got my PP. was pleasantly surprised it is 3 times access per year when i had thought only 2. And card is valid for 5 years.

Only snag, when travel with wife must pay Usd27 for her access or I can use this only when i travel alone. Not sure if worth paying that Usd27.

hst201

Reaction score
finally got my PP. was pleasantly surprised it is 3 times access per year when i had thought only 2. And card is valid for 5 years.

Only snag, when travel with wife must pay Usd27 for her access or I can use this only when i travel alone. Not sure if worth paying that Usd27.

I thought it is unrestricted number of access.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

3?? should be 2 and validity is 1 year..

how to check how many more visit I have left or utilised?

Daniel.Winn

Reaction score

3?? I just got mine yesterday and it's clearly in bold letter "2 free lounge visits within each 12-month period of Priority Pass membership". I got it via DBS Altitude. Yours?

kinghong_68

Reaction score
Brothers. If you guys want better PP card. Can consider HSBC visa infinite it provide unlimited PP access plus free PP card for all supp card. Don't like HSBC? There are UOB visa infinite, all it VI cards give you unlimited lounge usage too but supp card not entitled or Amex plat charge card give unlimited PP lounge card to main and one supp card plus each of you can bring one guest each and unlimited visit per day or Maybank visa infinite give you also unlimited PP access for main card. There are many PP offers now.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brothers. If you guys want better PP card. Can consider HSBC visa infinite it provide unlimited PP access plus free PP card for all supp card. Don't like HSBC? There are UOB visa infinite, all it VI cards give you unlimited lounge usage too but supp card not entitled or Amex plat charge card give unlimited PP lounge card to main and one supp card plus each of you can bring one guest each and unlimited visit per day or Maybank visa infinite give you also unlimited PP access for main card. There are many PP offers now.

oh..didn;t know that VI gives infinite access to PP lounge...

which is the best VI card in terms of rebate?

martin

Reaction score
Big draw for me, cimb vi no annual fee, 1% local spend rebate, overseas 2%. The others I dunno easy to get fee waiver or not.

kinghong_68

Reaction score
oh..didn;t know that VI gives infinite access to PP lounge...

which is the best VI card in terms of rebate?

Brother. I don't think VI cards are strong w rebates, except CIMB. Most VI give pts and usually most cardmember convert to miles, not all but usually most of them.

kinghong_68

Reaction score
Big draw for me, cimb vi no annual fee, 1% local spend rebate, overseas 2%. The others I dunno easy to get fee waiver or not.

Yup. No yearly fee is a big thing. CIMB offers good products especially the VI. I think most ppl feel comfortable when they don't need to think abt yearly fee and min spend to waived fee or others. I don't think other VI cards can get free fee waiver, like for UOB VI it need min $60k spending not a lot but still spending is needed. HSBC visa infinite not free but they will give you rewards pts 75k in return but there are people who received waiver just w a hundred pts, I am not sure as my yearly fee is not due yet, I guess is for card member who spend decent amount? Amex charge card yearly fee waiver used to be 200k reward pts but was taken down since yearly fee increased from 1.2k to 1.7k so I don't now. Maybank VI need only $40k spend to waive yearly fee.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$488 to pay for 30k airmiles or a rimowa luggage for HSBC VI card...worth it??

wuga98

Reaction score
if you have your PP rejected or decline (even though your PP is still active) at the country lounge, what will you do? My wife and i got our cards rejected in Frankfurt.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
if you have your PP rejected or decline (even though your PP is still active) at the country lounge, what will you do? My wife and i got our cards rejected in Frankfurt.

What was the reason? I wonder why in hell would it get rejected in the first place?

wuga98

Reaction score
What was the reason? I wonder why in hell would it get rejected in the first place?

Their system say invalid card :(. I called the bank and they say it is an active and valid card. A mexican standoff at the PP counter, i paid for their day pass, which is like euro30 per pax and will file claim with hsbc which offered my wife and me the PP. As it was a sunday and being in europe, there is very little (or no) support you can get.

anyway just to share on what i did as i am not sure what other avenue you can pursue. :D

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Their system say invalid card :(. I called the bank and they say it is an active and valid card. A mexican standoff at the PP counter, i paid for their day pass, which is like euro30 per pax and will file claim with hsbc which offered my wife and me the PP. As it was a sunday and being in europe, there is very little (or no) support you can get.

anyway just to share on what i did as i am not sure what other avenue you can pursue. :D

Thanks for the info, maybe the magnetic strip was worn out or faulty? If it happens again, do report to HSBC.

wuga98

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, maybe the magnetic strip was worn out or faulty? If it happens again, do report to HSBC.

My wife and i have never used the PP cards before and they are definitely new. We have other lounge cards which was not handy last sunday.

You see, the thing is this, when you need to call your banks in SG, who will bear the IDD charges and with the new ruling that you need to activate your card for overseas I was stucked with another issue that I cannot use my hsbc as it decline the charges. All in all, I have to phone activate the hsbc card first and then charged the euro60 to it. It's just no fun when you have to pay idd to resolve bummer issues like this. :(

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife and i have never used the PP cards before and they are definitely new. We have other lounge cards which was not handy last sunday.

You see, the thing is this, when you need to call your banks in SG, who will bear the IDD charges and with the new ruling that you need to activate your card for overseas I was stucked with another issue that I cannot use my hsbc as it decline the charges. All in all, I have to phone activate the hsbc card first and then charged the euro60 to it. It's just no fun when you have to pay idd to resolve bummer issues like this. :(

Most cards come with a sticker that says activate within a certain time frame before using...

Too bad you forgot to do it :o

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i feel for you man...but i probably would have just given up and eat at one of the airport's restaurant while waiting for my flight...

think some cards have a toll free callback line but usually when we need it most, we do not know the number to call. hope you can claim from the bank.

i once had my VI card declined for a large purchase even though my limit was higher than that. pissed off with the bank, called them from overseas and they claimed they never reject any of my transactions and it must be the foreign merchant's terminal fault. ask them to speak to the merchant and they claim they do not speak their language. so much for service...luckily one can always trust amex, just whipped it out and the transaction went through in seconds....on the same "faulty" terminal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.