[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Just disable it from showing up in your network places, you could do it on your share folder option.

how to access, then you need to key in the full address yourself.
example: \\10.10.10.10\adultx :D [although "adultx" didnt appears in your network places, but manual path will bring you there, with your ID and password then you could get access on the folder. :s13:

:s13::s13::s13:

kinky papa.

Egoistee

Reaction score
Just disable it from showing up in your network places, you could do it on your share folder option.

how to access, then you need to key in the full address yourself.
example: \\10.10.10.10\adultx :D [although "adultx" didnt appears in your network places, but manual path will bring you there, with your ID and password then you could get access on the folder. :s13:
Thanks! Now i will copy this down so i remember next time!

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I mean.. if i set it up i will be able to access the NAS outside my home network?

there are numerous methods (depending on what you need)

you could configure numerous applications for Synology's NAS to work outside your home network.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it ok for NAS to on when you need to use and switch off if you do not need to use instead of 24/7

miltongoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what is the conversion progress in file station converting? It seems like taking forever to convert.. Anyway to disable it? Thanks.

Did you see the icon on the top right corner telling you it is converting some files?

miltongoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Er.... if that's the case i need to have domain?
Sorry a bit noob...

Is it safe? Able to have access remotely?

Very safe. Just that you need to do some NAT forwarding on your router so that it can access your NAS through the Internet.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How often are you doing that? How long are you keeping your NAS on each time you use it?

thanks for the reply,

maybe 4 to 6hr for at least 2 to 4 times per week?

need a device that i can connect the video to the living room for video, drama etc...... or from my bedroom to store video , picture, data etc....

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
I created a shared folder in file station. But it does not appear on cloud station. Anybody having the the same problem and manage to solve it?

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I noticed this funny and frustrating issue when transferring files to my Synology 213

As I am dealing with photos, I usually transfer a lot of files (to up 1000+) at a time. Usually I will map the folder (on Synology) onto my Mac desktop (through SMB protocol)

Recently, I realized the transfer is not done completely, meaning if i transfer 1000 files, only 900+ files will be transferred and OSX nor Synology will prompt a error on the incomplete file transfer.

Another funny thing i discovered is that the so called 'missing' files may be found in the Synology's recycle bin.

Anyone facing this issue too and any rectification to it?

TIA

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will there be any duplicate file name?

Hi

Sorry but I dun get your question. Excuse my lack of knowledge.

The files i am transferring should have a unique name as they are buy numbers (from a DSLR)

I just did a test again, transferring lots of files over. True enough, some files didnt get transfer over to my desired folder and ended up in the 'recycled bin' of that folder.....

Why man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.