The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol finally. We made it. Hahaha

Got ppl comment say the review 3/4 negative. Whut!

Last edited:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah me and gaoxing84 got 8 mutual friends, 2 of them also linked to HWZ, the rest should be chiong-ster friends :s22:

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Haha I got good and bad inside. Honest one. Haha but Nvm, I got recognise by them hahaha. Just met menzbazaar. Yan dao sia. Fitness model!

Wth! i take out my supreme tee inside 1 lump of 'quicksand' ar! hahaha! you double check already? make sure got 10 sand jug haha not sponge :D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wth! i take out my supreme tee inside 1 lump of 'quicksand' ar! hahaha! you double check already? make sure got 10 sand jug haha not sponge :D
Ai seh supreme ah. Haha I noob never see that design before. Hahaha. Mai get gek. Fit zai one. Haha. Me is the real bui bui. Cfm all quicksand. Got 11 sia. I keep one. Hahaha kidding. 10 all quicksand

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway the hairbond distorter given by Stam, i went to buy 4 containers and 1 given by JH to share around.

4 taken already. left 1. who want can sms me @ 96927419. collection at tanjong pagar

IMG_00000312_zps4d2e6834.jpg

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think dior runway is JH! haha waiting for his review of gold digger! very important!

OKAY! Here are my thoughts after using gold digger for one full day after getting it from gaoxing bro yday. On first sight, the packaging is small and petite. Easy for bringing around especially for travel purposes. A volume of 65ml at a cost of $20+ sounds reasonable to me, from the perspective of an end consumer. And after opening it, the first instinct will be to smell it. I am no fragrance sucker but i am very sensitive to smells. Cannot be too fragrant or stinky. It got to suit the context that you are looking at. Gold digger falls onto the side that it emits a slight masculine smell. Just nice for me. So the next question to ask will be how much to use per application. This question is pretty subjective as it depends on one's hair texture and it varies for everyone too. Below image shows how much i used for today. More or less the amount that i used for styling products as my hair is longer and thicker.

I used the hard part of my fingernails to dig up 3/4 of my total used proportion on first dig. Note that i didn't use the soft part of my fingernails to dig as this is slightly hard form and not soft paste or whatsoever. Then, rub on my fingers then spread to my palms evenly afterwards. I then used the towel-drying method to brush from right side of my head to left and vice versa. This complements my hairstyle of having undercut. I want the texture to be seen from the sides and using this method will helps to achieve that. Once i spread the gold digger evenly across the top area, i did not proceed to style the top area. Instead, i used what is remaining on my fingers and palms to pull up and crunch my fringe. Making it into a side pomp, i twisted and curled back my fringe ends (easier as i permed my hair) and use fingers to slightly comb it back. Here it comes.

#1: Hold itself is definitely awesome.
#2: What is more impressive here is that it gives a very nice slight shine texture finish. Definitely not matte IMO and the shine is just nice on the dot. BINGO. When you make a side pomp, it cant possibly look very matte. It just doesn't go well when its too matte but with the shine that gold digger gives, its simply awesome.
#3: Holds and bunches up the different strands of my fringe ends together very easily; no stickiness at all
#4: For long, I had been wondering is this a wax or clay. Both terms depicts different properties and i realized its sort of a hybrid product of wax and clay, which makes it versatile. Clay is usually very dry and gives matte texture finish. Wax is usually softer and gives shine texture finish. Gold digger is not very dry or wet and gives slight shine finish which i simply love the shine that it gives over here.
#5: Its not very hard form and instead, its easy to dig up. Using it to comb it through your hair is simple. Easy application definitely.
#6: Doesn't harden or becomes firm THAT MUCH after application. I am still able to change my hairstyle very easily to side pomp from backcomb (my sides are too long to do backcomb).
$7: Very washable and i mean it. Super easy to wash off. Thumbs up!

Subsequently, i continued to style my top area with the current distributed gold digger spread onto it. Crunch them up as if you are crunching your fist and do it across different parts of the top area. This creates the volume and the layered texture for one. Twist and pinch the hair ends if you want it to further show the contrast of your hair texture. Then rub the sides of the head in a diagonal direction by pressing it inwards. It helps to sharpen your face and makes your hairstyle stand out even more. The above-mentioned steps, i must say, gold digger really impressed me. It really did well on these steps and the remaining 1/4 of the total amount of gold digger used is for touch up and back of my hair.

Now for the cons.

#1: Tends to be heavy. It will definitely pull the hair down so at least for me, to counter the weight of gold digger, i got to use hair spray.
#2: Will yank out a bit of the hair. My hair is of thick texture and i got 2-3 strands of hair being yanked out by gold digger. Still acceptable but people with thinning hair, please take note of this.
#3: The shine itself is still not adequate to make a backcomb IMO. Side comb still okay but backcomb will require a higher degree of shine.

This review comes at a bad timing especially when gaoxing just received award recognition by slikhaar too. But i really hope my 2cents worth of opinions helps those who are considering to buy or try out new styling products. Not an expensive investment to make but i can say its definitely worth it. Should be able to last for 2 - 4 months depending on your usage. :)

2013-09-12-00.25.13.jpg

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who else going for hardwell? Let's meet up!

I will be there with my gf. taking MC for that day! hahaha

BTW JH! your review should be the one up in Slikhaar FB! :eek:

1,2,3 3,2,1 JH JH LUMBER 1!!
YAY! Best review i read so far. 3 points all in! Technical Knowledge, Styling Tips and Detailed Review!

It's going on the MO thread to gain awareness. haha

i don't want review liao. haha later people amchio at my review after reading JH one

Last edited:

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
I will be there with my gf. taking MC for that day! hahaha

BTW JH! your review should be the one up in Slikhaar FB! :eek:

Just now that one is your gf ar? aha! JH review sibei kua zhang. you go menshealth be one of their editor sua. Ask them give you a column LOL! every mth u review hair wax product. haha!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw guys! I find that q8 powder then gold digger works much better than quicksand then gold digger or salt spray the gold digger! The texture of the powder completes the gold digger. It's like it'll counter the heaviness of gold digger. And cos the powder is sooooo easy to apply, it's super quick to spot apply the powder in a targeted manner. So volume goes where you want it, and you can still use the weight of gold digger to hold the back side down.

Haven't tried q8 then quicksand cocktail with gold digger though. But q8 then quicksand then whatever is just meaningless since they work the same way. The latter method negates the point of powder application. Just something to take note of.

And awesome review jh bro! \m/

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now that one is your gf ar? aha! JH review sibei kua zhang. you go menshealth be one of their editor sua. Ask them give you a column LOL! every mth u review hair wax product. haha!

haha. ya lor. i read alr also wow! haha they should. then free product to review for menshealth or GQ even!

that one my sister ah! ahahahha kidding, my gf la :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw guys! I find that q8 powder then gold digger works much better than quicksand then gold digger or salt spray the gold digger! The texture of the powder completes the gold digger. It's like it'll counter the heaviness of gold digger. And cos the powder is sooooo easy to apply, it's super quick to spot apply the powder in a targeted manner. So volume goes where you want it, and you can still use the weight of gold digger to hold the back side down.

Haven't tried q8 then quicksand cocktail with gold digger though. But q8 then quicksand then whatever is just meaningless since they work the same way. The latter method negates the point of powder application. Just something to take note of.

And awesome review jh bro! \m/
that's true. although i don't use powder. haha.
don't know how to use. LOL.

i stick to convention way of blow drying with sea salt spray. :s13:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
that's true. although i don't use powder. haha.
don't know how to use. LOL.

i stick to convention way of blow drying with sea salt spray. :s13:
If you know how to put ur cheese on ur pizza, you can use hair powder! Seriously! Zero learning curve bro. Cannot go wrong one! Unless u the kind to twist open the cheese bottle then just empty xD in this case a few grains is enough le

Edit: u probably had bad experience with powders before. But this is different. This is q8. This is revolution. Revolution on par with quicksand and gold digger. Revolution full of win.

Disclaimer: I ain't earning no **** for q8. My promotion for this is purely cos I feel it's so sick awesome. Although I've been using it for sometime I only mention in depth now cos jh got stocks liao! So early adopters dunnid to look high and low like I did. He ain't giving me money or what! In fact I'm trying to jio him to try it ASAP! Ahaha! Looking at you jh bro xD dunnid so apprehensive! Just wack then review only xD! This stuff is that imba.

Last edited:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah! You search me up? Hahaha add me la

Edit. I think you saw from the slikhaar fb. Lol

and I have 3 friends who liked that page, 2 army friends and 1 pri sch friend

looks like they surf hwz too, if you are RC or YC or Don, here is a shout out to y'all

cannot be so many people know about this brand :o

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and I have 3 friends who liked that page, 2 army friends and 1 pri sch friend

looks like they surf hwz too, if you are RC or YC or Don, here is a shout out to y'all

cannot be so many people know about this brand :o

Lol all stalker! Btw you just added me? Or is it someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.