The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok later I try. Hahaha. Shld I do it with pp or shldnt so as to test the strength? Lol shld be doing a quiff instead of a pomp side comb

I am guessing without hair spray, it will most likely flop. Sponge wax itself doesnt come with good hold. The texture finish is good though. Gold digger itself is heavy. With the concoction of these both, it don't explain the logic on how it can fulfil the idea of fixation and holding of hairstyle. U can give it a try though but i feel spray it with a bit of PP will better do the job of allowing you to see how things go. Usually, hair sprays dun have to use a lot. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am guessing without hair spray, it will most likely flop. Sponge wax itself doesnt come with good hold. The texture finish is good though. Gold digger itself is heavy. With the concoction of these both, it don't explain the logic on how it can fulfil the idea of fixation and holding of hairstyle. U can give it a try though but i feel spray it with a bit of PP will better do the job of allowing you to see how things go. Usually, hair sprays dun have to use a lot. :)
Ya lor. Haha but I just try. Haha see how it goes. Haha sponge wax a bit soft. If never try, never know. But I Cfm won't restock my sponge wax cause gold digger just replaced it!

Xenoxide

Reaction score
Tried salt spray+armino+gold digger today. The salt spray+spongewax+gold digger combo seems to work better.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Its true because water just takes away the dirt and grime and not the natural oils. Our hair needs these natural oils so with that said, it will not make your hair feel too dry and consequently, you will have an easier time to style your hair too. On a side note, if you wash too often, then the natural oils will be stripped off and your hair glands /follicles will be producing additional oils to replace the lost oils and result in greasy hair.

It might be of worth to note that these oils, technically sebum, have anti bacterial properties too! :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried salt spray+armino+gold digger today. The salt spray+spongewax+gold digger combo seems to work better.

Aiyo I no spongewax. Didn't use salt spray though. You + or > ? I dun like arimino > gold digger also.

What science? Outliers unite! Hehehe

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just use sponge wax and gold digger. Lol still prefer the quicksand combo because more matte. Will post my thoughts and pics later!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its true because water just takes away the dirt and grime and not the natural oils. Our hair needs these natural oils so with that said, it will not make your hair feel too dry and consequently, you will have an easier time to style your hair too. On a side note, if you wash too often, then the natural oils will be stripped off and your hair glands /follicles will be producing additional oils to replace the lost oils and result in greasy hair.

Oh! Noted with thanks.

Wow this thread is really really interesting and informative! How wish I visit this thread earlier!

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Oh! Noted with thanks.

Wow this thread is really really interesting and informative! How wish I visit this thread earlier!

This thread is not only informative, but we do awesome review of hair styling wax and occasionally carrying out Mass Order. We do have a local hair grooming dealer here too. Just keep a lookout ;)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hair is like jim Chapman today. Hahaha! Youtubber. Haha go check out this channel. UK dude. He also got hair tutorial.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scent for the night:

15rz85g.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This thread is not only informative, but we do awesome review of hair styling wax and occasionally carrying out Mass Order. We do have a local hair grooming dealer here too. Just keep a lookout ;)

He is the starter of the thread. Haha.

salivaman

Reaction score
hi guys..i heard a lot about the sea salt spray in this thread so im thinking of getting one because i am using hair clay only now and it requires a lot of restyling because my hair doesn't hold and keeps falling flat.

17-toniguy-sea-salt-spray.jpg

is this the sea salt spray that everyone is talking about?

so this one can be used on its own without wax/clay and still looks good?

i have thick straight medium length hair and like the natural bouncy and volumized look of my hair after shower and blow-drying. but i need something that can maintain that look cos my hair falls flat and look like **** after a short while.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
different brand of Sea Salt Spray

fwah Toni & Guy, is it expensive? I think SSS more or less do the same thing, just different brands

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys..i heard a lot about the sea salt spray in this thread so im thinking of getting one because i am using hair clay only now and it requires a lot of restyling because my hair doesn't hold and keeps falling flat.

17-toniguy-sea-salt-spray.jpg

is this the sea salt spray that everyone is talking about?

so this one can be used on its own without wax/clay and still looks good?

i have thick straight medium length hair and like the natural bouncy and volumized look of my hair after shower and blow-drying. but i need something that can maintain that look cos my hair falls flat and look like **** after a short while.

If you want sea salt spray with good hold, so far I think you can get the OS fashion salt spray from Leejhong. If you want a strong hold clay to pair it with sea salt spray, try gold digger, quicksand or nigelle bold make clay.

Cause of our gene, our hair is usually flat straight and coarse. No choice.

Anyway it's right, sea salt spray works the same. They all create volume but some have better hold that's all. And also different scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.