The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i might need to buy another 1 soon :s13:

if he does refund, just sell to me the used bottle at a slight discount :s13:

Bro, u cut at lacoco! That few cents discount you oso gian ah! HAHA yeah i will but doubt whatme bro will refund tho. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok left him a PM. Besides this gold digger and quick sand that I've been reading about (from the last 40 or so pages, sorry this thread is just too long), are there any others that people can recommend? I'm new to this whole wax thing, been using Watsons/Guardian bought stuff.

Both gold digger and quicksand as reviewed by the bros here are great products to have! Additionally, you can take a look at the following items:

Pre styling products: OS Fashion Sea Spray, Q8 Matte Powder 3
Styling products: 90 degrees x-strong wax, Nigelle Bold Make Clay
Finishing products: PowerPoint spray, VOI hair spray
Hair care: Nigelle DS TF Treatment, Kanebo Shampoo, Carbolic Shampoo

All can be found with reviews at ThePrettyJerk. Hope its not too overwhelming for you and hope it helps!

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best combi for me is seasalt spray, gold digger and then finish off with sponge wax. Use ~80-20 ratio in terms of gold digger to sponge wax. Able to maintain the hairstyle for pretty long and I like the glossy finish. Colleagues commented my hairstyle very stylo! :s13:

For me is simple. Seasalt spray, Nigelle Bold make clay and finish with Osis+ Freeze 3.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Both gold digger and quicksand as reviewed by the bros here are great products to have! Additionally, you can take a look at the following items:

Pre styling products: OS Fashion Sea Spray, Q8 Matte Powder 3
Styling products: 90 degrees x-strong wax, Nigelle Bold Make Clay
Finishing products: PowerPoint spray, VOI hair spray
Hair care: Nigelle DS TF Treatment, Kanebo Shampoo, Carbolic Shampoo

All can be found with reviews at ThePrettyJerk. Hope its not too overwhelming for you and hope it helps!
You know what they say, hoot first consider later xD

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont judge me by my scents! :s13:

day: boss bottled
night: paco rabbane's ultraviolet

not really that into niche scents yet and most of my ex-s says that boss bottled suit me very well...so thats why :o

Your night fragrance is the common clubbing scent for guys. :s13:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Theoretically, there will be difference between blow-drying with salt spray and with just water. With just water and blow-drying, the volume is solely dependent on the use of the hair dryer so this basically means that it will collapse anytime later. Unless you use a clip or pin to hold it there for a period of time, otherwise it will just give in to gravity and fall anytime soonafter.

With seasalt spray, it helps to hold the hairstyle there with a significant longer period of time. It helps to effectively create a matte structure and seasalt spray does have their own holding factor as well (OS Fashion has a holding factor 4 out of 6). So to put things into perspective, if you spray it onto your fringe to put it into a quiff, you will be able to hold on to that for a longer period of time. Finish off with hair spray if you want it to hold on even longer. My fringer is longer so usually seasalt spray alone without hair spray can't assure that it wont collapse.

And death brought out a good point which is its also dependent on your hair texture. If your hair is like x3d bro then perhaps you dont even worry about having "collapsing" fringe.
Hmm I get this. I understand that the sss helps to hold the volume there. But some bros say give them volume mah. That's why confused. Maybe expression ba.

Edit: ugh didn't send that time.

And today is 2 weeks since I've been having a different hairstyle everyday! XD

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I do have the time but lazy leh. Honestly, I think my hairstyle quite suitable to do a review for the clay. :s13:

Do it do it! I refuse to believe that I'm the only one that thinks that it has a gel like texture =X or maybe I am. *draws circles

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont lazy leh bro. U so yandao plus ur hairstyle looks good too. Must share. :)

Do it do it! I refuse to believe that I'm the only one that thinks that it has a gel like texture =X or maybe I am. *draws circles

Other times lar. I now thinking whether I should keng MC tonight or not. Tonight's my last night shift before I clear 1 cycle.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tml den i do proper review wif quicksand.... today forget to blow wif quicksand after sea salt... my quiff chui today...

:(:(:(

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tml den i do proper review wif quicksand.... today forget to blow wif quicksand after sea salt... my quiff chui today...

:(:(:(

bro, use the sea salt blow dry already, just bua quicksand to hold the volume. no need blow dry again with quicksand.

tested proven. haha but its your choice too la. haha

gold digger to finish and hold the style.

COCKTAIL FTW~

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, use the sea salt blow dry already, just bua quicksand to hold the volume. no need blow dry again with quicksand.

tested proven. haha but its your choice too la. haha

gold digger to finish and hold the style.

COCKTAIL FTW~

cos i prefer more POM... thats y blow twice... :s22::s22::s22:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos i prefer more POM... thats y blow twice... :s22::s22::s22:

Just a humble tip to share with the bros over here. When blowdrying, do not use too high temperature to blowdry as it will make the hair too crunchy and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.