Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
but if i got 10 cancelled order a day, scb got to blast me

10 x 30 days = 300 sms / mth (they don't lugi meh)

how u trade till got 10 cancel per day..?

from what i rem sms is free and not counted chargeable, have to check with telco

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
personally i felt this change is good

With effect from Saturday 13 October 2013 0700 hours, the Online Equities Trading platform will cease to make available the Market Order1 option when you put in a Buy Order. This helps to reduce the price risk you may be exposed to should there be an unexpected market event, as such events may lead to significant movements in the share purchase price, resulting in a purchase at a much higher price than expected. For the avoidance of doubt, the Market Order option will continue to be available for Sell Orders.

boiboi123

Reaction score
REITs dividend you tio jiak 10%

1 thing that worried me is the 10% tax on REIT dividends because they hold it as a custodian instead of central deposit
9XCzlIE.png

does this apply to SCB as well? :o

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We would like to provide you with the following updates to our Online Equities Trading platform:

1. With effect from Saturday 12 October 20133 0700 hours, the Online Equities Trading platform will cease to make available the Market Order1 option when you put in a Buy Order. This helps to reduce the price risk you may be exposed to should there be an unexpected market event, as such events may lead to significant movements in the share purchase price, resulting in a purchase at a much higher price than expected. For the avoidance of doubt, the Market Order option will continue to be available for Sell Orders.

2. Certain types of Corporate Actions2 require adjustments to be made to your existing investment holdings. Where the quantities of your holdings have to be adjusted, the shares may be temporarily unavailable for trading on our Online Equities Trading platform during the period of adjustment. During this period, you can still place trade instructions with our dealers by contacting our Online Trading Hotline at 1800 242 5333. The brokerage charges for trades placed with our dealers during the period of adjustment will be the same as trading on the Online Equities Trading platform.

Our Online Equities Trading platform offers our customers access to more than 10,000 shares listed on 13 stock exchanges across 10 global markets. Our Online Equities Trading customers will also enjoy the following:

No minimum commission on share transactions
Zero custody fees when you transfer your shares to us

BusteR

Reaction score
made my 1st trade successfully with SCB yday.

do i need to make any payment thereafter?
i do see the purchased stock in my portfolio.

i asked because for UOBKH, after a trade, i still have to go ibanking and pay the following day.

jacky333

Reaction score
made my 1st trade successfully with SCB yday.

do i need to make any payment thereafter?
i do see the purchased stock in my portfolio.

i asked because for UOBKH, after a trade, i still have to go ibanking and pay the following day.

you need to have cash upfront before you can place a trade successfully. so if your trade is successful, cash is deducted alr.

BusteR

Reaction score
use SCB buy odd lot like 5, 7, 9 ok or not?
does it have any disadvantages vs round up to 6, 8, 10 lots instead?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use SCB buy odd lot like 5, 7, 9 ok or not?
does it have any disadvantages vs round up to 6, 8, 10 lots instead?

you are really a ... looking at your 2 posts above. you need to brush up your knowledge in order to make money in stocks. if you not, you will tend to subsidise the profits of others. =:p

when everyone says buying odd lots, it does not literally mean odd numbered lots. it means buying shares less than the board lot. for example, board lot of capitaland is 1,000 shares. you normally buy in multiple of 1,000 capitaland shares. odd lots mean you buy <1,000 shares of capitaland. and this is not allowed in SCB online unless you call their brokers.

simplysmile

Reaction score
Question

you are really a ... looking at your 2 posts above. you need to brush up your knowledge in order to make money in stocks. if you not, you will tend to subsidise the profits of others. =:p

when everyone says buying odd lots, it does not literally mean odd numbered lots. it means buying shares less than the board lot. for example, board lot of capitaland is 1,000 shares. you normally buy in multiple of 1,000 capitaland shares. odd lots mean you buy <1,000 shares of capitaland. and this is not allowed in SCB online unless you call their brokers.

Hi newbie in this thread. For these odd lots, is the commission the same??

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi newbie in this thread. For these odd lots, is the commission the same??

as long you call their brokers, charges will not be the same. im not sure how much. but last i asked, the charge is ridiculous. so you can forget about calling.

but online charges apply for calls under special circumstances like system down or whatsover.

BusteR

Reaction score
Juz left vivo scb. Ask to transfer cdp stock to scb account. cso say charge $10 per lot. Is it huh?

BusteR

Reaction score

Understood n thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.