View Single Post
Old 19-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #6939
deaththeorist
Master Member

The main selling point of nigelle clay is that it doesn't harden or firm TOO MUCH after application. It gives high level of pliability and flexibility in restyling anytime throughout the day and it ought to be mentioned that in this context, hardening of hair does not and will not correlate to holding control and strength. If one refers hardening to goodness of control, then i will recommend Gatsby Pink or gel.
i feel that holding strength should be a universal quantifier, and that we should always describe smth like nigelle bold make clay as "strong for its class" or something along those lines. in this manner, perhaps its max WILL be a 6/10 on the universal scale, but its already a 9/10 on its class's scale.(sorry la not 10/10, i still feel that vantachi's clay trumps this in terms of strength. but of cos, its definitely harder to apply vantachi. probably at least 3 times the effort.[nigelle is SUUUUUUUUPER easy to get into hair, if i ignore the way it dries up on my hands faster than i can close its lid]) We shouldn't have double standards for the single word "strength". like gold digger is probably a 9/10. 10/10 will be the reserved ground for crystal hard stuff. even gels might not be close, most gels that i used before last time i think still fall within 9/10. maybe redken's gelwax got a 10/10. (see the video for how hardcore this gel was REDKEN Urban Experiment: Enamel Gel - YouTube )

however, with respect to the words in bold, hardening will definitely have some positive correlation with hold, although there are exceptions. it is this exceptions that most of us here seek, but we shouldnt toss away the majority.

once again, jh bro is very right in highlighting that the number system of grading x/10 is super subjective. i mean, touch ur heart la, how many of you actually bother to use a standard amount to style a standard shape (like a full blown fauxhawk) and then wait for reaction? maybe we should like enforce smth whereby whenever we have a number grade we have a footnote having number grades for a few other products that we used before so that readers can have a nice gauge.