The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morning to all bros here!

Here's my first attempt! I know it look weird a bit.
40cz.jpg

Quicksand blowdry >seasalt blow dry again > gold digger >pp hair spray

But during the styling process with gold digger . My hair very dry. When styling feel quite pain as my hand pulling my hair like that. Cos my hair bleached blue before.

Any idea how to style it smoother?

I'm really amazed with quick sand and sea salt combo then gold digger to style it!

Looking good bro! Not to worry, its not weird at all and give yourself a pat on the shoulder for embracing changes! From now on, you will only be getting better and better! :)

Just to add on a few points if you allow me to. :)

#1: Use seasalt spray before quicksand. The rule of thumb is to apply liquid-based products onto wet hair and dry products onto dry hair. Needless to say, there can be many variations and methodologies about doing it though but this is slated to be the most general guideline.

#2: The right of your hair (i.e. the left of the pic) can be crunched up slightly a bit more to make it look more voluminous so that it looks more texturized from the front and side.

#3: On your next visit to the salon, perhaps you can ask the hairstylist to cut your fringe shorter so that the side can be tamed and it wont be flipping out to give a neater look. Can layer the top part too to allow the layered look to be brought out. Will improve. the outlook of the hair further. All these are just some humble suggestions. Hope it helps!

Anyway, your hair is thick so its a good thing. Many people tend to correlate hair thickness to volume, which i think it isn't necessarily true in all contexts. When one's hair is long and thick, its heavy. Once its heavy, it falls due to the weight itself. Once it falls, it becomes flat. So thick hair don't always give you volume unless your hair is thick and PONG then yes.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! Actually right now it yank out more and it drop liao.. Maybe I didn't use enough hairspray or wax.. ( "bu se de" to use finish.. Keke :x)

If not I'm going to perm or cut my hair..

After spraying. I use hair dryer blow with high heat to harden the finishing spray tho.

Anyway, was thinking to use use the curling brush to air blow my hair curl before styling.

Do I curl it after quicksand or SSS?

Just my 2cents worth of opinions again. Can't help but to comment on the above bold text. Don't blow dry after using finishing spray. As the term explains, its meant as a finish. It will not help or might even backfire if you use blowdryer after finishing, let alone high temperature.

This is because blow-drying at high temp will make the hair very crunchy and dry. The whole fundamental purpose of using PowerPoint hair spray to give a natural finish is totally defeated.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Knn all handsome... No wonder I forever alone.

I want to perm my hair like the Dior model.
Erm...because my hair is dry dry grass kind, I usually prefer stuff with abit of shine.. Been using tu-re + sponge, not too bad!

But my skills suck, cannot make yandao like the pics here leh.

Go perm your hair, bro! But perming will make your hair even drier. My hair is very dry after perming so i treated it with nigelle ds tf treatment that i am carrying. Use my own products to repair it before it really screwed me up. Ture and sponge wax should give you a just right amount of shine that you want. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My ball shape hair but still incomplete yet. The middle part still haven't grow enough according to Su so she still can't cut a semi shape in the middle thus keeping the front and when it grows enough then cut away the front.

2 pumps of Seasalt, blowdry, Nigelle Bold Make Clay then Osis+.

IMG_8846_zpsf9a493d7.jpg

IMG_8847_zps5bbfcc12.jpg

Looking good, bro! Thumbs up! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just met Jh to collect the PowerPoint spray. Promised to give him a field report! I was already late for 30mins yet he continue waiting for me, ultimate RESPECT! 1st plus point for awesome customer service

Now back to the FR: 1st look really is Korean model, no joke. Tall, Korean hairstyle, fit looking, face like angmoh too.

Handed me the PowerPoint spray, he even had it packed into a handmade pouch sewn by his mom! Incredible! 2nd plus point!

Taught me patiently on the usage of the product even though he got something on later! Got a few samples from him too! Awesome plus point 3!

Damage: 50 bucks for roughly 10mins
RTF: With such good service, why not. I may even buy for my gf to use!

Thanks for your kind reviews bro! Really feels good to be serving you guys when its being appreciated. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Batch 2 of Kanebo Shampoo preorder is almost full now. Tomorrow is the last day of the preorder already! Those who are interested to pamper their hair and feels relaxed and revitalised after shower, please pm me now! :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X3 korkor looking so good that I've to stop my mugging just to relax and enjoy the peektures. :love:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isit good? the haar attic salon? any ppl try before? =x

I have tried before a few times, even though they have no or minimal publicity plus at such an ulu place, it is quite surprising the 2 of them are always full on weekends. Max rarely uses the shaver. support local sinkie, been doing this for over 5 years(?), so lean and handsome, surely can do some modelling

after a hair cut, can la kopi at Keong Saik snacks

lately, quite a few western coffee shops open around the area, far cry from the lup sup area of yesteryears

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe I wanna try but change hair stylist quite sian. Haha purple kinda know how my hair works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.