EDMW Knife Collectors

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Intending to trim my collection and therefore selling some of my knives:

Sanrenmu SRM 710: Stainless steel handle; frame lock; blade material 8Cr13MoV; blade length 71mm. [See review at: Sanrenmu 710 Knife Review: The Chinese (knives) Are Coming! - YouTube ]

Sanrenmu GB-707: Black G10 handle; liner lock; blade material 8Cr13MoV: blade length 72mm. [See review at: Sanrenmu GB-707 - The Budget Drifter - YouTube ]

Enlan EL02B: Black G10 handle; axis lock; blade material 8Cr13MoV – stone washed; blade length 105mm. [See review at: Enlan EL-02B Review - YouTube ]

The knives have not been used or sharpened. They have been lightly oiled and kept in an air tight box. Please pm me if interested.

The 710 is a smashing knife. Small, well made and very gentlemanly. Have to note that it's pretty sharp (shaving for me) right out of the box. I have one which I did an anodizing job on it. Took the ano really well and didn't fade after more than a month. Some one gotta get a 710 and testify for this. :) bump for the neat 710!

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good morning guys, there's something which I would like to enquire regarding the shipping of knives back to Singapore

I wanna get spyderco ladybug from Amazon and to be ship back by comgateway...

Would there be any problems?? I read that cgw doesn't ship knives??

So far I tried shipping 2 Leatherman from cgw, the shipping is no problem

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Try eBay? CGW might reject if its labeled knife.. Shipping direct shouldn't be ex for a small blade..

sojourn88

Reaction score
A Zero Tolerance ZT0560 Black Hinderer Collaboration for sale:

note this is the pure ELMAX® powdered steel with Black DLC
check the details here:

ZT0560BLK: 0560BLK Hinderer & ZT Collaboration

ZT-0560-BLK_01.jpg

ZT-0560-BLK_02.jpg

ZT-0560-BLK_03.jpg

ZT-0560-BLK_08.jpg

ZT-0560-BLK_09.jpg

ZT-0560-BLK_10.jpg

viking

Reaction score
Hard Use Testing
Russian, by the name of 'vininull', takes testing of knives to the extreme.
See his testing of the BM Adamas - Hard use testing: Benchmade Adamas - YouTube
I was very impressed by the Adamas after seeing this test.

Please do not follow vininull's method of testing knives as it is extreme and dangerous.

sojourn88

Reaction score
Hard Use Testing
See his testing of the BM Adamas - Hard use testing: Benchmade Adamas - YouTube
I was very impressed by the Adamas after seeing this test.

Yes sure the Adamas is one overbuilt tank... i am particularly impressed by its build quality and size.
the video at 1:33s makes a big impression...plunging into the tin can as if the tin can is made of jelly!
I have a copy of it letting go ... check out sales page here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/general-merchandise-bazaar-261/mwts-benchmade-adamas-folding-knife-3956302.html

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes sure the Adamas is one overbuilt tank... i am particularly impressed by its build quality and size.
the video at 1:33s makes a big impression...plunging into the tin can as if the tin can is made of jelly!
[/URL]

Not to detract from the high performance of the Adamas, but re:tin can. all your knives should be able to do that without edge damage unless your edges are real thin (like my regrinds, at 0.010" behind the edge). Try it. Tin cans are soft - think about it, what do you think your can opener is made from? The question is, will your edges still be shaving sharp after opening the cans? I know my triage won't be. The N680 steel loses it shaving sharp edge fast when cutting cardboard or cutting wires.

Here's a spoon doing the job :)

What is tough is trying to chop tin cans in half (hitting the rim). The rim is the tough part of the can. That will roll most edges (folders - impossible, I'm referring to choppers)

Do a youtube search on bladesports....I like those tests. They have variations to test both toughness and edge retention. Most of the choppers are high carbon steel blades like O1, 52100 and the current popular CPM-M4.

Last edited:

sojourn88

Reaction score
anyone interested in securing a Spyderco Manix 2 XL black blade (C95GPBBK2)? Note this one is the huge brother, hence "XL", and it is black blade, which is less common than the satin blade.
Although there are US sites quoting between USD130 to USD190, it is usually "no stock" on further enquiries, or the sites refused to ship internationally.

check out sales page here for pre-order : (pre-order ending this Saturday!)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/general-merchandise-bazaar-261/urgent-wts-preorder-spyderco-manix-2-xl-black-blade-c95gpbbk2-4391672.html

Manix2XL_blk_C95GPBBK2_01.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.