Xperia Z1 - One Sony

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wish for a Z1 with 5S camera. :p

What a joke! The photo output from 5S camera is superior with the software tuning and not hardware dependent.

For your info, 5S camera also made by Sony and just a basic lens without low light capability.

Last edited:

shahulvm

Reaction score
What is ur decision??? :D

Am ardent fan of Sony :), yet I have decided to go with G2 for now or may postpone buying the phone for a month to see if Z1 gets firmware update.

Likes for Z1:
- Build, IP58
- Android UI, notification toggles looked elegant
- Digital stabilization is on par with OIS, as I was taking snaps of waving hand and the shot came out clear.
- Their stamina mode is the best

Need Improvement :
- Screen contrast ratio
- Camera (manual mode was way better than Superior auto, over exposure.)
- Back gets too hot.

I had tried the Z1 at Wisma atria, Sony shop at J8 and then at Singtel Shop at J8. Went trying from one store to another to convince myself that it is better. Having owned the Z, and also seen its price fall down rapidly at launch, i think it would be good to wait a while before taking a plunge with Z1 and also after the reports of panel lottery. Initially, i brushed it off, but when you look at the contrast ration measured by gsmarena and another wesbite, there seems to a huge disparity.

No doubt it is good and an improvement over the Z, but still given the current situation am more inclined to G2.

What I liked about the G2 was double tap to wakeup, camera and the screen quality. Their UI, notification toggle looked childish. There are lots more, but since this a Z1 thread, I wish to stop here.

In terms of ergonomics, my current Butterfly S is better than both G2 and Z1, for single handed use for an average height person.

Last edited:

myhairverypain

Reaction score
LG Screen is over saturated.

She also talked about triluminos display

I'd take her review with a pinch of salt. Any Sammy user will know that over-saturated complaints are irrelevant because you can set the colours to neutral aka movie mode. And screen burning issue is almost non-existant in real life among users so far. I believe LG will also have some sort of colour mode settings.

But screen aside I must say the Z1 is the nicest looking phone on the market now!

duffie

Reaction score
What a joke! The photo output from 5S camera is superior with the software tuning and not hardware dependent.

For your info, 5S camera also made by Sony and just a basic lens without low light capability.
The software is part of the equation, that's self explanatory. I haven't seen a digital camera without any piece of software.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry the only "joke" is your knowledge. The "basic lens" has a large aperture, and the most important part is the SENSOR which is made by Sony using backside illuminated circuitry and a large pixel size. This makes a huge difference.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry the only "joke" is your knowledge. The "basic lens" has a large aperture, and the most important part is the SENSOR which is made by Sony using backside illuminated circuitry and a large pixel size. This makes a huge difference.

Oh, then it is a "joke" for your ignorance and jump to conclusion that you justify my knowledge about the SENSOR and large pixel size.

As I have mention that the camera lens provided to Samsung or Apple are just a basic lens without the "Back-Illuminated" CMOS Image Sensor and not Backside Illuminated.

Sony Global - News Releases - Sony Develops "Exmor RS," the World's First*1 Stacked CMOS Image Sensor

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many have queue up in Taiwan as Sony giveaway the attachable lens together with the Xperia Z1.

Check out the video below :

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To be technically correct, Z1 will take better photos than 5s, in the hands of professional photographer.

A high-end dslr will not even take good photos in the hands of an amateur.

hawkz02

Reaction score
Xperia Z1 look good and feel good. Tempted to upgrade my Xperia Z to Z1, only if the freebie from telco is attractive enough if not shall wait till the price drop.
My Xperia Z still doing well other than the heat which is getting irritating.
Is Xperia Z1 as hot as Xperia Z1 after gaming or surfing??

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xperia Z1 look good and feel good. Tempted to upgrade my Xperia Z to Z1, only if the freebie from telco is attractive enough if not shall wait till the price drop.
My Xperia Z still doing well other than the heat which is getting irritating.
Is Xperia Z1 as hot as Xperia Z1 after gaming or surfing??

Some reviewers claim the phone temperature to be lower than other phones with S600 or earlier chips.

Most of the claims for overheating comes from prolonged use of the cameras, though there are no mentions of the environment conditions and usage time.

xgwei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why most of the tech websites only compare iphone5s with s4 or htc one camera... why dont they compare with xperia z or z1? im sure z or z1 is better than iphone5s...

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why most of the tech websites only compare iphone5s with s4 or htc one camera... why dont they compare with xperia z or z1? im sure z or z1 is better than iphone5s...

1) Reviewers are humans, and some of them are biased to certain extent.
2) With the bigger sensor, Z1 will make some of these phones look bad. Some reviewers want to avoid flames.
3) Sony does not have good market shares in US and certain countries, less users have interest and hence less interest by reviewers.

saebino

Reaction score
sony sg promo out
:(
pre-order give 2 ticket to diner en blanc for mysony member.

like that i will not pre-order, but wait for outside seller to give good price.

=( why no SBH-52?
I vegeterian, shall wait for xperia concept store to offer me extra freebies!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.