May 2013 Sembawang BTO

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, some queries to ask....if i am interested in sembawang BTO, can i apply now since there are still so many available slots.

Or i have to wait till HDB opens up the application again. If so, will they launch on new plot of land or launch the sales of balance flat?

Thank you in advance

If you're interested in this May 2013 Sembawang launch then u gonna wait until HDB release it for sales of balance..

Maserati

Reaction score
HDB had put up tender for construction of a section of Canberra Crescent and Cnaberra Street
:s12:

Clarawuu

Reaction score
my selection date on 30-09-13

My selection date for Sembawang is on 30-09-13 afternoon. I'm still not comfortable with sembawang bto being very close to Iskander Power Station and Malaysia Heavy Engineering in Pasir Gudang. I surf the net in Google for street direction and found these two spot just across the straits of Johore. Can anyone convince me for taking up the selection.

I have checked the HDB website, it is true that from July bto, 2nd timer are given 2 times to select a flat and if they reject they are barred from partipating in sales exercises for a year.

Wah, this time cannot anyhow just pay S$10 just to apply.

slothbal

Reaction score
My selection date for Sembawang is on 30-09-13 afternoon. I'm still not comfortable with sembawang bto being very close to Iskander Power Station and Malaysia Heavy Engineering in Pasir Gudang. I surf the net in Google for street direction and found these two spot just across the straits of Johore. Can anyone convince me for taking up the selection.

I have checked the HDB website, it is true that from July bto, 2nd timer are given 2 times to select a flat and if they reject they are barred from partipating in sales exercises for a year.

I think you should make a trip to the site and the estate around it then see how you would fit into it. If you do not have a good impression or do not feel good of it, there is no point convincing you to get it. Ultimately, you would be the one residing in it. Nonetheless, liked some have mentioned, the population here compared to other estates are lesser though rising, there is a high possibility that there would be an upcoming mrt station, it's surrounded in greenery with parks near it, cycle track connectors for cyclists, it's only 5 mins drive to the upcoming Yishun hub, seaside is 5 mins away, it's a "replica" of waterway just that not so much emphasized as there are canals around the establishment and finally, famous eateries are mins drive away (white bee hoon, famous curry fish head, Madina eating house for its roti prata, etc. however, do note that the accessibility at present is restricted to a few bus service only but I believe with so many bto projects on this huge piece of land, more bus would serve the area when all is up.

If you are looking at east bank, it comes with a basement carpark which not many bto projects have. So it's a plus point! Paying a fraction for condo's style carpark.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Last edited:

Clarawuu

Reaction score
SELECTION OF SEMBAWANG BTO

I have been to the site a few times and only saw a light industrial area near to the Indian temple with some chimneys standing up from the factories.

Very worried that the air quality there is not up to standard as we have Senoko power station in the north, iight industrial area in the south, power station and Malaysia Marine which is a shipyard across the straits.

I ever mentioned my worry to my colleague and he said the most you have to do is wear a mask.

But this is the only bto that 2nd timer has a chance to select high floor.

As for facilities wise I'm sure there would be more to come due to quite a number of pieces of land parcel in sembawang have been ear-marked for EC developments.

I'm just worried about the air quality.

Kukuza

Reaction score

Singapore so small . got pollution sure whole island kanna

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore so small . got pollution sure whole island kanna

It's like how some ppl are saying not to go Japan due to fukushima.. And I was like, have those ppl living in Tokyo mutated yet..

I bet those ppl living around boon lay should be dead since its relatively near jurong island where all the petrochemical companies are and those from tuas and around the area.

Maserati

Reaction score
Kiasu: Good opportunity to select a higher floor

Kiasi: Close to Iskander Power Station and Malaysia Heavy Engineering in Pasir Gudang, Senoko power station, chimneys standing up from the factories

So stressful living in S'pore.
Maybe must ask KBW can built BTO at Sentosa or not

lifeisfullofupndown

Reaction score
Yup. Went with east bank. Blk 121C. When is ur selection? If there are no good units left, u might want to try for the nov one. It's closer to future station and its beside the park

Blk 121C is the hottest block in Eastbank... Congrats on ur new house.. My selection date is on 8 Oct. Still got 1 week more to go. I try to select a unit for this bto as nov one has limited units...

lifeisfullofupndown

Reaction score
It's like how some ppl are saying not to go Japan due to fukushima.. And I was like, have those ppl living in Tokyo mutated yet..

I bet those ppl living around boon lay should be dead since its relatively near jurong island where all the petrochemical companies are and those from tuas and around the area.

I agree! I wonder how bad can the power stations affect the air quality in sbw... I am in Jurong Island on most days and living in the air with flaring activities going on then im applying for sbw bto. Cham liao lah... Double blow.

bearine

Reaction score

It is true they are not or have not mutated yet. I guess, if it doesn't affect now, it doesnt mean it wun affect 5-10 years later. But then if 10 years later, u got diagnose with some mutated weird cancer. By then time regret is already too late.

For sbw, even if the concern that others have is not crucial to you, it might be crucial to the next buyer. Unless u have no intention to sell it. Such concerns only disappears when the surroundings change. I believe pollution generally affect the health. Higher tendency to fall sick or that it may leads to shorten lifespan of a few years.
If given a chance to live in polluted or non polluted area. I believe u know the answer.

Feels like psuedo satisfaction. Trying to find reasons to make urself happy with the purchase.

I feel that if it is a negative factor, just accept it as a negative factor. But compare against the positive factors and weighs if the unit is worth it or not.

slothbal

Reaction score
Blk 121C is the hottest block in Eastbank... Congrats on ur new house.. My selection date is on 8 Oct. Still got 1 week more to go. I try to select a unit for this bto as nov one has limited units...

Oh, your selection is on the 8th? No worries. There are still plenty of high floors. Shouldn't be a prob. Good luck! I chose 121C as I want to know what so special abt the block. There must be a reason why it's slightly more exp. Hope I am not dupe into paying more

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is true they are not or have not mutated yet. I guess, if it doesn't affect now, it doesnt mean it wun affect 5-10 years later. But then if 10 years later, u got diagnose with some mutated weird cancer. By then time regret is already too late.

For sbw, even if the concern that others have is not crucial to you, it might be crucial to the next buyer. Unless u have no intention to sell it. Such concerns only disappears when the surroundings change. I believe pollution generally affect the health. Higher tendency to fall sick or that it may leads to shorten lifespan of a few years.
If given a chance to live in polluted or non polluted area. I believe u know the answer.

Feels like psuedo satisfaction. Trying to find reasons to make urself happy with the purchase.

I feel that if it is a negative factor, just accept it as a negative factor. But compare against the positive factors and weighs if the unit is worth it or not.

We get radiated in SG as well..Infact higher than Tokyo as seen in official measurement.

FbzT5Ih.jpg

You're right about individual perspective..Well, Jurong Island flaring can be seen clearly from BB as well..Nt near but they do travel..

Sometimes, dont let this kind of things get into your head. A healthy person can even fall sick due to this instead of the physical contribution from the environment. ;)

Unless someone has existing health concern then it might be a good idea to avoid it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.