The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot, it helps a lot :)
my hair is super short, like 6 cm on top and 0.5 at the sides, will SSS help?

No problem at all! 6cm is too short already. SSS will tend to serve better when your hair is longer. But then again, if its so short, styling shouldnt be a problem for you. :D

Last edited:

zish82

Reaction score
Hanz de Fuko Quicksand just arrived :D
Imperial Barber Classic pomade available for order as well.

Cheers!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, afternoon :)

Huh 6cm consider very short ah?

I think my hair too flat & straight.. Wondering does a salon able to perm those very natural loose wave on my hair without looking too "cheena" or not.. Hahaha

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, afternoon :)

Huh 6cm consider very short ah?

I think my hair too flat & straight.. Wondering does a salon able to perm those very natural loose wave on my hair without looking too "cheena" or not.. Hahaha

Bro, you take out a ruler and see how long is 6cm then u will know whether is 6cm long or short. Ur hair is dunno how many times longer than 6cm leh. LOL

As long as you don't ask for tight curls then its okay. Ask for loose curls but not too loose as it might not be that apparent to sense the difference. Anyway, tight curls is also possible. A lot of authentic korean guys permed tight curls but apparently, its not that accepted in SG yet. Culture difference.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got introduced by my supplier to bring in this product from Nigelle. Not exactly a new product but apparently, it can't be sourced easily in many countries. As usual, nigelle products are all very expensive. I remember one guy asking me about this product before though.

ANDDD say AYE if any of you guys heard about this product before or feel interested in trying this out!

4.jpeg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always poison us with good stuff! Haha. Pai seh cannot pcw ytd to answer some queries but I think jh has replied most of you guys alr! Haha

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, you take out a ruler and see how long is 6cm then u will know whether is 6cm long or short. Ur hair is dunno how many times longer than 6cm leh. LOL

As long as you don't ask for tight curls then its okay. Ask for loose curls but not too loose as it might not be that apparent to sense the difference. Anyway, tight curls is also possible. A lot of authentic korean guys permed tight curls but apparently, its not that accepted in SG yet. Culture difference.

Haha oops.. Mine 9 to 12cm on top.

Actually If around 6 to 8cm but it's thick also look nice!

My hair unlike most of your all. It's always straight and lying flat. I go every where. Some friends or stylist ask me did I rebond my hair before. Feel very sian. I envy guys with a little of curly hair. Haha :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My hair unlike most of your all. It's always straight and lying flat. I go every where. Some friends or stylist ask me did I rebond my hair before. Feel very sian. I envy guys with a little of curly hair. Haha :D

I always prefer my crown area to have longer hair. The crown naturally will harvest the longest and thickest hair amongst all. Especially if one has an undercut hairstyle, then the crown area will be of utmost importance to bring out the contrast of the hairshape. Even if the hair is thick, one must always remember to layer it else if long and thick then it wont look nice too.

Grass always greener on the other side. But you made a true point. Asians, or rather most asians, have straight hair. Only a handful has slight curly hair and this lot of them are the fortunate ones. Because of the natural waviness in the hair, it makes everything look better and easier to style as well. At the end of the day, know yourself well so that you can know what to do to overcome/hide them. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Hahaha and the weird thing is they envy you.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True that.. Those have curly hair envy straight hair, vice versa

Does perming actually damage hair as harmful as bleaching?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True that.. Those have curly hair envy straight hair, vice versa

Does perming actually damage hair as harmful as bleaching?

Yes perming is equally as damaging as bleaching. It will make your hair very dry if unattended to, hair can be yanked out easily and it will lead to increased hair fall. So, after performing these chemcially pampering stuffs for your hair, be sure to perform adequate hair care to look after it. But take note that you can't perm your hair at salon then bleach ur hair at the very next min, your hair will be GONE. Hairstylist wont do it for you too. Time lapse between both have to be at least one to two weeks.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes perming is equally as damaging as bleaching. It will make your hair very dry if unattended to, hair can be yanked out easily and it will lead to increased hair fall. So, after performing these chemcially pampering stuffs for your hair, be sure to perform adequate hair care to look after it. But take note that you can't perm your hair at salon then bleach ur hair at the very next min, your hair will be GONE. Hairstylist wont do it for you too. Time lapse between both have to be at least one to two weeks.

Woah.. Cos my hair was bleached 1.5mths ago. Ytd we were saying about perming ma. Then I thought of.. So if my bleached hair gets perming. I think it can go out of way and hair not just fall, it breaks. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.