Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

tuzantar

Reaction score
I am a newbie in this 'forwarding' thing. From reading the previous pages, it looks like CGW is the more preferred one as compared to Vpost. From experience how long does a package take to reach SG using CGW?

I ordered 2 items,1 using vpost and the other CGW both on 2 sept.Both are from different merchants,located at Florida and Maryland.The item from Maryland using CGW arrived here on 14/9 and the other item just arrived at my vpost US add on the 13/9.But till now its still not reflected at my vpost account saying my item has arrived there.Think weekend no work for them? Really slow vpost.

xypher

Reaction score
thanks tuzantar. hope you get your vpost package soon.

was the calculated and actual shipping costs similar or much higher? heard from some friends that it was much higher than what they calculated and made the savings not worthwhile.

tuzantar

Reaction score
thanks tuzantar. hope you get your vpost package soon.

was the calculated and actual shipping costs similar or much higher? heard from some friends that it was much higher than what they calculated and made the savings not worthwhile.

this is what they charged me in USD:

International Shipping Charges 11.00
Fuel surcharge 1.05
U.S. Domestic Shipping*
(BuyForMe orders) 12.05
Insurance 0.27
Sub total 24.37

Elliden

Reaction score
If I use CGW address as my billing address does it affect anything or will anything happen? Is it okay? Thanks in advance!

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share my 3rd time experience of using vPost:

Purchase of a Google Nexus 4 from Play Store:

Origin Country : U.S.A.
Destination Country : Singapore

Shipment History
Date & Time : 20/09/2013 05:51 PM Status : Final Delivery
Date & Time : 20/09/2013 02:28 PM Status : Acknowledged
Date & Time : 18/09/2013 04:36 PM Status : Depart from S’pore Airport Processing Ctr
Date & Time : 18/09/2013 04:26 PM Status : Arrival in S’pore
Date & Time : 18/09/2013 12:18 PM Status : *Estimated arrival in S’pore Airport Processing Ctr (18/09/2013)
Date & Time : 12/09/2013 08:49 AM Status : Package Paid
Date & Time : 12/09/2013 05:37 AM Status : Processed in U.S.A/Japan/EUROPE/China

destiny88

Reaction score
is comgateway welcome pack unable to be used? i try key in the code always fails sia, i email them no reply....

anione same thing happened?

sngyanyuan

Reaction score
I ordered 2 items,1 using vpost and the other CGW both on 2 sept.Both are from different merchants,located at Florida and Maryland.The item from Maryland using CGW arrived here on 14/9 and the other item just arrived at my vpost US add on the 13/9.But till now its still not reflected at my vpost account saying my item has arrived there.Think weekend no work for them? Really slow vpost.

Hi, thought I would share my find since you are also buying from US sites. Next time when you purchase, you can go through Ebates.com instead and they will provide you with cash back for the shopping that you are already doing. In this way, you can save money as you shop as well.

sngyanyuan

Reaction score

Any borderlinx promo code?

I am not aware of any borderlinx promo code but i know that HopShopGo is currently having a 10% promo for their shipping. You add it with Ebates.com cash back, you can save quite a bit from there.

shwong2003

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new to ordering stuffs from US and shipping via ComGateway. I placed an order and got rejected as the merchant said they will not ship to the address given by CGW. Does this mean game over and no other workaround? Many thanks for your advise.

CeleronD

Reaction score
comgateway has the prices listed on their site. add approx. 10 percent to the charge cos they have insurance, fuel surcharge blabla.

dunno if there is any discount code ongoing right now

if sellers don't ship to comgateway then you have to try another seller or try the buyforme option

jf

Reaction score
comgateway has the prices listed on their site. add approx. 10 percent to the charge cos they have insurance, fuel surcharge blabla.

dunno if there is any discount code ongoing right now

if sellers don't ship to comgateway then you have to try another seller or try the buyforme option
or get another shipper!

rife

Reaction score
People, please don't use vPost.

This is the tracking for one of my item:

Date Time Status
04/09/2013 10:37:38 PM Package Paid
06/09/2013 01:10:21 AM Package sent out from U.S.A/Japan/EUROPE
09/09/2013 06:44:53 PM *Estimated arrival in S`pore Airport Processing Ctr (11/09/2013)
11/09/2013 06:20:11 PM Arrival in S`pore
11/09/2013 06:22:13 PM Depart from S`pore Airport Processing Ctr

I have another 3 packages stuck at the same status since 19/9. The delivery time within Singapore is taking longer than shipment from USA.

Customer service email reply to this yesterday was "We have raised a request to the concern department to check on the status of the item. We request you to kindly wait for an update." Basically after waiting for 2 weeks, they are asking me to continuing waiting.

No concrete course of action taken, no approx waiting time. The items of the packages cost a few hundred dollars. I don't know if they will refund the declared value if the packages are lost. More importantly I can't reorder the item but can only wait for it to hopefully arrive someday.

qsgsgs

Reaction score
vpost took almost 2 full working days to enter my package into the database . Anyway i saved $50 from the 25% discount good deal

wendyy

Reaction score
People, please don't use vPost.

This is the tracking for one of my item:

Date Time Status
04/09/2013 10:37:38 PM Package Paid
06/09/2013 01:10:21 AM Package sent out from U.S.A/Japan/EUROPE
09/09/2013 06:44:53 PM *Estimated arrival in S`pore Airport Processing Ctr (11/09/2013)
11/09/2013 06:20:11 PM Arrival in S`pore
11/09/2013 06:22:13 PM Depart from S`pore Airport Processing Ctr

I have another 3 packages stuck at the same status since 19/9. The delivery time within Singapore is taking longer than shipment from USA.

Customer service email reply to this yesterday was "We have raised a request to the concern department to check on the status of the item. We request you to kindly wait for an update." Basically after waiting for 2 weeks, they are asking me to continuing waiting.

No concrete course of action taken, no approx waiting time. The items of the packages cost a few hundred dollars. I don't know if they will refund the declared value if the packages are lost. More importantly I can't reorder the item but can only wait for it to hopefully arrive someday.

Thanks for sharing, i have the same problem with you. I will avoid using Vpost if the item is urgent and once you encounter problem you can wait for like 20days and it's not solve but WAIT. Even though there are discount code. Don't be tempted. I'm sure there are slightly efficient sites that we can count on and price are pretty competitive

rife

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, i have the same problem with you. I will avoid using Vpost if the item is urgent and once you encounter problem you can wait for like 20days and it's not solve but WAIT. Even though there are discount code. Don't be tempted. I'm sure there are slightly efficient sites that we can count on and price are pretty competitive

Yes I used vPost for the 1st shipment cause there was a $30 discount code. I still had some items that only made it for a second shipment which I paid almost $40. It is not cheap at all.

Before this I have been using comgateway/hopshopgo countless times with no issues. All packages reached within 1-2 weeks.

qsgsgs

Reaction score
vpost should only be used if you are not in a hurry and you are sure of package dimensions cos got discount. If need to be quick and/or unsure of package domensions go with comgateway and purchase the live quote guarantee.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.