The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GD, iron society and nigelle which have the strongest hold?

Cannot rank pomade and wax together. Different all together.

I would rank GD on top of nigelle but depends on what you like to do. Both excel at different style.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the meaning of "causing it to flop"? :s11:

Like freeze alr right, crispy, Fringe kena blow by wind, will flop one. Haha trust me. PowerPoint different. It's like spiderweb on your hair. Holding it tgt!

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like freeze alr right, crispy, Fringe kena blow by wind, will flop one. Haha trust me. PowerPoint different. It's like spiderweb on your hair. Holding it tgt!

Ohh so that means flop. Is it the same as some small strands of hair protruding out kind? Like curly curly kind.

TheMediator

Reaction score
Gaiz, i always forget to cap my wax and 1 day i left my GD open for almost a day.
It turned hard and stale(difficult 2 dig), i was so sad :(

I then had an idea (not sure if doing the right thing)
I blasted it with my hair dryer for awhile and boom, became all soft and lovely again...
hahaha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaiz, i always forget to cap my wax and 1 day i left my GD open for almost a day.
It turned hard and stale(difficult 2 dig), i was so sad :(

I then had an idea (not sure if doing the right thing)
I blasted it with my hair dryer for awhile and boom, became all soft and lovely again...
hahaha

yup. haha. its the correct way to do it. haha

Ohh so that means flop. Is it the same as some small strands of hair protruding out kind? Like curly curly kind.

ya. sometimes will like clump it tgt, then flop one whole bunch of strands down. haha. but osis+ is good for those who want super spiked hair la. haha

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USE POWERPOINT! SMELLS GOOD AND GOOD HOLD!

Anyway, no need me to reply everyone already cause JH is here to do so!

Natural outlook = matte. lol cannot be shiny.

anyway, those who wanna use pomade, first rule, hair must be long. hair not long, the weight of pomade will cause it to flop.

that's what i have experienced.

anyway those using supermarket brands or watson brand, time to elevate your own status and use professional products because the price difference is not that huge. probably $10+ more only!

professional products = better ingredient use, easier to wash out and definitely not as damaging.

GOLD DIGGER = ULTRA HOLD (did i oversell? lol) and finish off in between matte and glossy. A perfect touch! SUPER VERSATILE!

Nigelle Bold Make Clay = SUPER HIGH HOLD and VERY MATTE! Easy to use as well!

LOLANE FIBER GEL GUM = this is like a good alternative to pomade. Shine + easier to dry as compared to pomade. Loving this! using it to style my hair after gym!

ABOVE ALL! USE SEA SALT SPRAY to complement all these hair products! this is a gem for us asian. use it well and it will go a long way!

and of course with all said professional styling products, you will need a good shampoo to cleanse out all the impurities after a long day outdoors. Dirt,Grime and oil!

USE CARBOLIC SHAMPOO by Q8 or Kanebo Lissage Shampoo!

Sorry my engrish not as good as JH but i think message has been sent across!

100 TUBS OF GOLD DIGGER SOLD! MASS ORDER SUCCESS! MILESTONE! haha

Bro, your one post covered all of mine leh. Sorry for being so naggy. :eek:

Anyway, gaoxing listed out quite a number of products which i will list them under their respective categories for the greater good:

PRE-STYLING: Sea Salt Spray (SSS)
WHY BUY THIS: to complement all these hair products! this is a gem for us asian. use it well and it will go a long way!

STYLING:
1) Gold Digger
WHY BUY THIS: ULTRA HOLD (did i oversell? lol) and finish off in between matte and glossy. A perfect touch! SUPER VERSATILE!
2) Nigelle Bold Make Clay
WHY BUY THIS: SUPER HIGH HOLD and VERY MATTE! Easy to use as well!
3) Lolane Fiber Gel Gum
WHY BUY THIS: his is like a good alternative to pomade. Shine + easier to dry as compared to pomade. Loving this! using it to style my hair after gym!

HAIR CARE:
CARBOLIC SHAMPOO by Q8 or Kanebo Lissage Shampoo
WHY THESE: with all said professional styling products, you will need a good shampoo to cleanse out all the impurities after a long day outdoors. Dirt,Grime and oil!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GD, iron society and nigelle which have the strongest hold?

Like what the other bros mentioned, it all roots down to what you want to achieve at the end of the day. There is no single product that is able to make everyone happy. One man's meat is another man's poison indeed. But anyway, just for your considerations if it helps. All these are stated in my own opinions which might and will differ for others for sure. Will be omitting iron society as i never use iron society before. In fact, i never use pomade before too.

GOLD DIGGER VS. NIGELLE BOLD MAKE CLAY

Ranked by Holding Power:
Gold Digger will be the overall champion on this. The hold that GD gives is very strong and i got to admit that Nigelle Bold Make Clay's hold loses to GD too. It helps to grab the hair together tightly and creates wonderful hair texture for one. I don't perceive hardening as holding power over here and the holding power that i am looking for is how the product itself is able to tame my hair (mine is long and thick) and holds it there forcefully. With holding power, its often associated with texturizing aspect as well. Ability to texturize closely correlates to the ability to hold it well. Holding doesn't only apply to vertical direction only. It can be in various forms of orientations which is essential to create your desired hairshape and style.

Ranked by Shine:
No clear winner on this. Gold Digger just gave the right amount of slight shine texture which i just love it. On the other hand, Nigelle Clay gives a matte texture finish because its clay. Differs for different people's needs. If you are attending a formal occasion with a side pomp or slick back. shine will do you good in this case. If you are in a casual outfit with a quiff, matte will do you just as fine.

Ranked by Ease of Application:
Gold Digger will be the overall champion on this. Gold Digger is just idiot-proof, if you were to ask me. Just rub slightly onto the palms to heat it up and there you go. No tricks behind this. If you're reading the previous pages of this thread, nigelle bold make clay is labeled as an interesting yet complicated product. Indeed it is. I don't recommend it to people who just started out styling their hair as it might be difficult to figure and comprehend how this works best for you. Deadbeat bro brought out an important message. Its somewhere in between clay and paste, and thats why i label it as wet clay.

Ranked by Pliability and Sustainability:
Nigelle Bold Make Clay will be the overall champion on this. Nigelle clay does not harden or becomes firm too MUCH after application and this is exactly why i like it. Ability to tame my thick but layered hair well enough and yet, allows me to inherit the ability to restyle anytime throughout the day is what i claimed it to be the best styling product that i ever used. Also, not many products can withstand the humid climate of SG and this includes Gold Digger as well. But amazingly, Nigelle clay is able to and allows me to sustain the hairstyle throughout the day simply because its lightweight. Despite the fact that holding power for nigelle is not as strong as GD, it allows a high level of pliability as well as sustainability as benefits for one. Gold digger, however, might be pliable too but not being able to do that well in terms of sustainability.

Ranked by Weight:
Nigelle Bold Make Clay will be the overall champion on this. With reference to the previous section, nigelle is lightweight while gold digger is actually very heavy. It really tends to pull down my hair and this is also why my hair can't last long with just GD and no hair spray. This is one of the downsides of gold digger IMO. However, nobody is perfect in this world let alone a product. One have to know the two sides before concluding the effectiveness of this product.

Hopefully, i can portray a fuller and holistic picture for you to look at. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GD ba... I doubt a pomade can be stronger than gd. And nigelle has close to no hold imo. But! Most importantly is what style you going for

Either you need more practice with nigelle or your hair really don't go well with nigelle at all. :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The main thing about OSIS+ is that it makes your hair "wet" as the liquid particles are big and naturally, they don't dry fast enough. And because its aerosol-based hairspray as many, you just perform a continuous action of spraying onto your hair. Which will multiply and proliferate the effects of the freezing across the hair. This nevertheless makes your hair freeze, but it sticks your hair together and "gelled" it up. In this way, the various bunches of hair will be heavy and wet, which might run out of shape in the day and might "flop" like what gaoxing mentioned. Trick to OSIS+ is to control it well and spray it far away. If you let it "gell" up (most probably it will), its over already.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The main thing about OSIS+ is that it makes your hair "wet" as the liquid particles are big and naturally, they don't dry fast enough. And because its aerosol-based hairspray as many, you just perform a continuous action of spraying onto your hair. Which will multiply and proliferate the effects of the freezing across the hair. This nevertheless makes your hair freeze, but it sticks your hair together and "gelled" it up. In this way, the various bunches of hair will be heavy and wet, which might run out of shape in the day and might "flop" like what gaoxing mentioned. Trick to OSIS+ is to control it well and spray it far away. If you let it "gell" up (most probably it will), its over already.

ahh... no wonder

i'm using promade + joico clay and finish it with oasis+. my fringe can touch my mouth, and i do always do a swept back kind of style. so there is always this bunch of hair like gelled up sticking down. i think i sprayed the oasis+ too close because if i spray it from far, i scared no effect

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I wish I was tall with long hands like you but you know arh, I'm a short bui bui. :(

I'm trying my best to stretch my hands and spray liao.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just tried the conditioner washing only.. Today weather very cooling so i didnt sweat much. So i able to do it..

My hair is much softer and sort of "moisted" after using the hair mask i bought yesterday anyway.

Should have know all this earlier on. Neglect and letting my hair suffer in silence for the past few years!

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I just tried the conditioner washing only.. Today weather very cooling so i didnt sweat much. So i able to do it..

My hair is much softer and sort of "moisted" after using the hair mask i bought yesterday anyway.

Should have know all this earlier on. Neglect and letting my hair suffer in silence for the past few years!
Hope it works out for u in the long run bro! Since ur mask is not leave in, means it not oil based, means u can do co-washing with it too! But follow the instructions on how many times to use per week. Excessive use will just waste money since your hair is already saturated with the charged surfactants.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope it works out for u in the long run bro! Since ur mask is not leave in, means it not oil based, means u can do co-washing with it too! But follow the instructions on how many times to use per week. Excessive use will just waste money since your hair is already saturated with the charged surfactants.

Thank you!!

I used the hair mask yesterday and today. Just to compensate my hair dryness and the dullness which i neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.