FOSCam IP Camera Order CLICK Below to access HWZ thread and more info:

FOSCAM FI8910W / FI9820W Offers

PM or Call me for more queries.

Cheers!
Marc

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Dr_Archer, our delivery will b delayed. China 1 week holiday n too much order to fulfill sia... MARIX called me early this morning to apologies for the delay. Seems tat VStarcam business is growing

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Dr_Archer, our delivery will b delayed. China 1 week holiday n too much order to fulfill sia... MARIX called me early this morning to apologies for the delay. Seems tat VStarcam business is growing

Thanks for the update. Not a problem for me.

stiwipl

Reaction score
I started to think that , actually going for an IP Camera that can record to NAS is a good idea, in case of camera damage by theft or stolen, i still get a backup clip inside NAS

What if NAS is stolen? :)

I ordered Dropcam.com , their cloud service is US$99 per camera per year and US$50 for each additional camera providing 7-day archive records. Dropcam constantly uploads video to the cloud. I am sure NAS will work out cheaper on a longer run, but I don't mind paying for convenience and easy to work solution.

crazydeals

Reaction score
H6837WIP only supports up to channel 11 lah... This was mentioned before. If you ask your reseller, they should have told you also.

I was not aware of this one and neither the reseller informed me about this. Anyways, thanks for your advice. I have changed channel to 1 and now its working...
Thanks a lot...

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I was not aware of this one and neither the reseller informed me about this. Anyways, thanks for your advice. I have changed channel to 1 and now its working...
Thanks a lot...

No worries, why didn't you call your reseller for tech support? Even MARIX support their existing clients when warranty expires less site visits.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
What if NAS is stolen? :)

I ordered Dropcam.com , their cloud service is US$99 per camera per year and US$50 for each additional camera providing 7-day archive records. Dropcam constantly uploads video to the cloud. I am sure NAS will work out cheaper on a longer run, but I don't mind paying for convenience and easy to work solution.

Wow, pretty expensive solution per annum... But is a good idea, I've yet got a chance to test out. My only worry is the bandwidth you need. HD Cameras effectively needs 2Mbps to stream HD contents out on average minimum. If 4 cameras, you need at least about 8mbps out to the cloud server.

Maybe I need more research in this area.

Dr_Archer, what's ur take on this?

stiwipl

Reaction score
Wow, pretty expensive solution per annum... But is a good idea, I've yet got a chance to test out. My only worry is the bandwidth you need. HD Cameras effectively needs 2Mbps to stream HD contents out on average minimum. If 4 cameras, you need at least about 8mbps out to the cloud server.

4 cameras need 2Mbps dedicated according to their requirements. It is 720p video:
How Much Bandwidth Does Dropcam Use? : Dropcam Support

crazydeals

Reaction score
No worries, why didn't you call your reseller for tech support? Even MARIX support their existing clients when warranty expires less site visits.

I called them and they suggested some steps. but it never helped to solve the issue. Then they said they will have to charge me 50$ to come onsite to rectify the issue. That is why I came looking for help here and glad that I was able to get a solution :)

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Onsite is definitely chargeable. They need salary to survive too. Yours is parrallel import unit rite? Did urs come wif PSB approved adapter? Just curious.

crazydeals

Reaction score
Onsite is definitely chargeable. They need salary to survive too. Yours is parrallel import unit rite? Did urs come wif PSB approved adapter? Just curious.

I am not sure if its parrallel import. Bought through Forum advertisement only

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score

I see two different functions/service.

First service is that of surveillance. You need cameras (IP or CCTV type) and DropCam is selling that. Most models nowadays share the same OEM, and there are only so many OEMs (most are based in China). Would you buy say a HP desktop, or would you prefer to build your own using similar parts (including perhaps the mobo).

The second service is that of storage. For the recorded video, you need to store it somewhere, and what DropCam is offering is a cloud storage service. If you are those that have a paid Flickr account where you store the photos you took with your camera, you would probably be interested in the cloud storage offered by DropCam. On the other hand, if you keep your photos on your own hard disks/NAS/SAN/DAS etc., you probably won't be interested in their cloud storage.

Yes, your NAS can be stolen, but you can harden it by locking up your house, storage cupboards, putting Kensington locks etc. With cloud storage, you need to rely on the service provider to have a hack-proof security.

For me, I look at my network of IP cameras as a surveillance system to check out on my children and not a security system. I have a separate security system (alarm, motion sensors etc.) for my house, and I am not using my IP cameras to replace that but to complement that.

teogb

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know which models of wireless IP cameras can record to Dlink-323 nas?
Thanks.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Today went to meet the mgr of marix to check on the status of our stocks. Saw the engineers already mounted the outdoor cam T7833WIP @ balcony. Demo will b available soon i guess.

fatworm

Reaction score
Hi, i have problem with my Aztech WIPC408HD last mth i can do video recording but now i cant it keep show recording fail. anyone can help me ?
im using M1 fiber blackbox and Asus RT-N56U wireless modem..

Hardcor?

Reaction score
WIRELESS IP CAM QUERIES

Hi,
I've been observing the Q&A. Not sure what's the problem but you may find the answer on easynsg webpage support page even if you are not using EasyN IP camera. Most of these manufacturers use the same reference design.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Allan, wat sort of info u need abt IP cam? This thread is full of them. What you want to know about IP cam? Maybe post your questions here and we can try to help

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.