Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tokyo+osaka or hokkaido better? are they near each other?

japan is big, tokyo, osaka, hokkaido are all not near each other. tokyo to osaka is about 500km (abt the distance of sg to ipoh), and tokyo to hokkaido is about 1000km.

for tokyo+osaka, u can take their bullet train which takes ard 3hrs. for hokkaido, u need a domestic flight, or an overnight train

for first timer to japan, maybe u can visit tokyo, which is easier to get around as most of the attractions can be reach via trains or subways.

i personally prefer not to have tokyo+osaka in one trip unless u are sure u will not be visiting japan again. this is because it is expensive and time consuming to travel from tokyo to osaka. visit osaka on a another trip with the other parts of kansai, such kyoto, nara and kobe.

Kan_rangaroo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
japan is big, tokyo, osaka, hokkaido are all not near each other. tokyo to osaka is about 500km (abt the distance of sg to ipoh), and tokyo to hokkaido is about 1000km.

for tokyo+osaka, u can take their bullet train which takes ard 3hrs. for hokkaido, u need a domestic flight, or an overnight train

for first timer to japan, maybe u can visit tokyo, which is easier to get around as most of the attractions can be reach via trains or subways.

i personally prefer not to have tokyo+osaka in one trip unless u are sure u will not be visiting japan again. this is because it is expensive and time consuming to travel from tokyo to osaka. visit osaka on a another trip with the other parts of kansai, such kyoto, nara and kobe.

Hmm I guess we will be going about 7-9days. Possible? Or is it too tight for Tokyo & Osaka? Which places got more things? My mum say Tokyo only got a lot buildings (she heard) is it true?

Zimpleman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I guess we will be going about 7-9days. Possible? Or is it too tight for Tokyo & Osaka? Which places got more things? My mum say Tokyo only got a lot buildings (she heard) is it true?

Hi Ru n gud morning, if u r to travel on their shinkansen ( bullet train ) direct from Tokyo to Osaka or vice versa only about an hour odd and direct no stopping outside of city. Visiting castle and old building and scenes are in Osaka and shopping for the latest trends is best done in Tokyo and you and your mom will love the shopping experience in the big shopping complex.
Happy travelling and hav a beautiful day too.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi Ru n gud morning, if u r to travel on their shinkansen ( bullet train ) direct from Tokyo to Osaka or vice versa only about an hour odd and direct no stopping outside of city. Visiting castle and old building and scenes are in Osaka and shopping for the latest trends is best done in Tokyo and you and your mom will love the shopping experience in the big shopping complex.
Happy travelling and hav a beautiful day too.

tokyo to osaka is at least 2.5hrs using the Nozomi shinkansen, and 3hrs Hikari shinkansen.

but yah, tokyo for the latest trends and shopping.
osaka is a big city as well, but u can travel to kyoto for temples, shrines and old building.

for 7-9 days, i will stick to either tokyo or osaka.
for tokyo, u can make some side trips out of the city, for example to visit mount fuji. if u like theme parks, disneyland and disneysea will take up one day each as well.
for osaka, 7-9 days is just right to cover the popular places in kansai, such as osaka, kyoto, nara and kobe

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then the train service normally what time start? Or is it 24 hours? I need to get to narita by 8:30am from shinjuku :(

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then the train service normally what time start? Or is it 24 hours? I need to get to narita by 8:30am from shinjuku :(

You can take the airport limousine bus? Starts very early in the morning and takes around 1hr 15-30mins to reach Narita.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can take the airport limousine bus? Starts very early in the morning and takes around 1hr 15-30mins to reach Narita.

Where to take? Anyway my hotel is sun route plaza, they got provide but I don't know the time of the bus service :(

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where to take? Anyway my hotel is subroutine plaza, they got provide but I don't know the time of the bus service :(

The main stop is just in front of Keio Plaza at Shinjuku station. You can check the website and the place is quite easy to find. Lots of tourists carrying luggages too.

123qwesz

Reaction score
Is there any Japan tourism board in Singapore similar to the Taiwan one where I can get free train passes and etc.?

Kan_rangaroo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tokyo to osaka is at least 2.5hrs using the Nozomi shinkansen, and 3hrs Hikari shinkansen.

but yah, tokyo for the latest trends and shopping.
osaka is a big city as well, but u can travel to kyoto for temples, shrines and old building.

for 7-9 days, i will stick to either tokyo or osaka.
for tokyo, u can make some side trips out of the city, for example to visit mount fuji. if u like theme parks, disneyland and disneysea will take up one day each as well.
for osaka, 7-9 days is just right to cover the popular places in kansai, such as osaka, kyoto, nara and kobe

Most attractions for Tokyo can be travelled through subways/trains right? Osaka is more for sightseeing? If 8days just for Tokyo, is it too much or little?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most attractions for Tokyo can be travelled through subways/trains right? Osaka is more for sightseeing? If 8days just for Tokyo, is it too much or little?

yup, trains and subways will get u to almost all the key attractions in tokyo.

osaka is also city, just like tokyo. sightseeing is probably just osaka castle. there is also osaka aquarium and universal studio in osaka. from osaka, u can travel to other parts of kansai for sightseeing, such as kyoto for temples and shrines, and kobe for mount rokko

8 days for tokyo i think is okay. u can spend 4-5 days on the main places in tokyo, 1-2 days for disneyland or sea, then maybe an overnight trip to hakone for view of mt fuji.

u can refer to this website to get an idea of wat to expect in tokyo
Tokyo - City Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.