Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes can check settlement account for reference and try to find out what's going on, but it's not real-time and does not include trades made in the last 3 days? By right we should be able to rely on the purchasing power. Seems something is wrong lately since I am not the only one who came across this. Maybe there is a bug or something, hope it's not virus or anything like that:)

Have sold some stocks so the "debt part" are now covered and I can trade already. Still need to check through the statements and see if all add up good except am now too busy to do that:) Some say your money will not disappear, yes but to be safe, better check through, and save the statements to your pc for record purpose.

ever since SCB online started, i traded at least 3 to 5 times on average per month with them. i didnt rely on the purchasing power. because i know how much i can buy base on my account balance plus any outstanding due to me.

after 4 days, all my transactions are counter checked correct up to 1 cent accuracy base on my own calculations.

pjohnnec

Reaction score
ever since SCB online started, i traded at least 3 to 5 times on average per month with them. i didnt rely on the purchasing power. because i know how much i can buy base on my account balance plus any outstanding due to me.

after 4 days, all my transactions are counter checked correct up to 1 cent accuracy base on my own calculations.

Mike,

How do you keep track of the transactions? Your own excel file or an app to track your portfolio? Any app to recommend for this purpose? I'm just starting out in this and would appreciate any guidance.

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Reaction score

bad1986

Reaction score
go take this test

https://onlineeducation.sgx.com/specifiedinvestmentproducts/

then print the result and show them lah..

by right this 6 trades are for warrants n etf, and not for sgx stocks, but they trying not to help people open this trading account cos lesser point or incentive for the rm.

so what u can do is to take the test, print the result, and show them u pass the criteria and make them open for u

if they want additional evidence, print this sgx flyer

http://www.poems.com.sg/docs/SGXOnlineEduflyer.pdf

and bring along too

Ok I go try but I still waiting for their application status. Until now there is no news. Anyone know how long for the application to go through?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mike,

How do you keep track of the transactions? Your own excel file or an app to track your portfolio? Any app to recommend for this purpose? I'm just starting out in this and would appreciate any guidance.

just create 1 excel sheet to keep track of your transactions ie date, stock, quantity, credit/debit amount. just like what you see on your statements. i throw away all my hard copies and i just consolidate all the transactions into 1 excel sheet.

power789

Master Member
Reaction score
hi anyone tried to trade on andriod tab like samsung tab? I tried but it always log me onto mobile banking page, and there is no online trading for me to click to execute orders.

anyone knows how to get around it?

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on page 4

QlrZc2A.png

show them that flyer, tell them you DO NOT WANT TO BUY WARRANTS or ETF and ask them WHY still must go through CAR

and you have already passed the online education test, and why still denied you to open the account?

get them to call sgx to verify

Say don't want to buy don't mean really won't when got chance. Last time my friend say go geylang look see only but then left in a cab with a chicken. Abandon the rest of us. Real ****** that one.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
went to SCB to transfer my shares from CDP... it's free...
dun listen to those CS...

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The big problem is their platform fails during critical times. And cannot sell via other brokerage once trf out of Cdp.

pjohnnec

Reaction score
The big problem is their platform fails during critical times. And cannot sell via other brokerage once trf out of Cdp.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this. I thought the shares are held by SCB? These can be transferred from SCB to CDP and then sold through other brokerages, no?

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is new promotion.

0% brokerage fees on buy trades for three years if you can maintain 100k in your Securities Settlement Account.

Hunter_X_Hunter

Reaction score
There is new promotion.

0% brokerage fees on buy trades for three years if you can maintain 100k in your Securities Settlement Account.

Seems like the promotion penalises existing customers. The promotion requires a deposit of 100k SGD FRESH fund into SCB securities account before end of Dec 2013. It will be hard for existing customers to deploy 100k (unless they are high net worth) as compared to new customers.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate a bit more on this. I thought the shares are held by SCB? These can be transferred from SCB to CDP and then sold through other brokerages, no?

how often it fail?
can you give your experiece?

You can. But a transfer out may take up to several days. Market crashes can be over in only a few hours.

I do not know the frequency of failures but a little too common for such a critical service. Just read back, other users described their encounters too. The only back up is to call in for a broker trade and that does not seem reliable too. Especially during a crash when hordes are calling in.

But i believe(hope) it should only get better given how established SCB is. Their online banking system is fantastic.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is new promotion.

Can provide a link? Can't find it.
edit. found it

http://priority.standardchartered.com.sg/promotion/onlinetrading/index.html

What if someone transfers out his funds, wait a few days & transfers back. I don't know how much it cost to transfer out to CDP, probably minimal. And then transfer back which SCB will absorb the cost anyway. It's a bit silly but doesn't seem to breach the rules.

Last edited:

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like the promotion penalises existing customers. The promotion requires a deposit of 100k SGD FRESH fund into SCB securities account before end of Dec 2013. It will be hard for existing customers to deploy 100k (unless they are high net worth) as compared to new customers.

a lot of banks do this. whatever promotion, even simple things like fixed deposits, it only applies to fresh funds.

ie. they want u to move ur funds frm other banks to them lor. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.