Xperia Z1 - One Sony

tsaieh

Reaction score
I can't complain, this phone is currently rocking my world. The brightness levels on the Xperia Z1 is freaking bright and crisp.

I just change from note 1 to this. Find that the color is not as radiant as the note. Its more like more white on the color contrast part.
Eg, grey suppose to be grey, but its more to the light grey. Same as other color.
Did anyone feel the same?

Studyboy1

Reaction score
Screenshot_2013_10_04_22_10_23.png

Random speedtest on my area, CCK.

Studyboy1

Reaction score
I just change from note 1 to this. Find that the color is not as radiant as the note. Its more like more white on the color contrast part.
Eg, grey suppose to be grey, but its more to the light grey. Same as other color.

The Note 1 has oversaturated colours due to amoled properties and your eyes must have gotten used to them. Colours are less saturated here on the xperia z1's lcd. But yeah the htc one's and G2's display are a tad better than Z1's.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What Sony gives you is natural colours while Samsung gives over saturated colours which are not natural and it can be harmful to your eyes if you look at your phone for prolong hours.

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bloatware cannot be uninstalled. It has to be deleted from system/app which you need root to access.

Not so technie :p
When i pull the option from the left and choose uninstall.
I have uninstalled some which have the X on it.
What others are consider bloatware?

I look thro those without X ones.
Mostly are Google apps which I need.
Some are Sony apps which which may not need :p

Jus thinking how lean I want to go for :)

Thanks

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
The Note 1 has oversaturated colours due to amoled properties and your eyes must have gotten used to them. Colours are less saturated here on the xperia z1's lcd. But yeah the htc one's and G2's display are a tad better than Z1's.

G2 display is over saturated. AMOLED looks saturated in our eyes is because it show colour range wider than sRGB. Take a look at this video.

cttan456

Reaction score
The viewing angles are definitely better than the Xperia Z but it's not as superb as the Xperia Z Ultra. I'm not sure why though, clearly both my Xperia Z1 and the Z Ultra have the same display but I can live with it. I'm just kinda disappointed with Sony given their brilliant screen expertise and given that the Z1 is their current flagship smartphone.

Btw, I've gotten the black one because it looks the sleekest of them all but its really a fingerprint magnet. On the other hand, i'm thinking whether i should apply screen protectors over the front and back on top of the shatterproof film Sony has already applied over because it affects the proximity sensor like some users here are reporting? Do you guys think I would need a case because i'm afraid the aluminium sides will scratch easily.

And I bought it from starhub, they gave me a free magnetic charging dock and guidebook worth S$40 -.-

Just to round up my thoughts on the Xperia Z1, it's more of like a jack of all trades on all levels rather than excelling on some levels while falling behind on some. This phone is literally the best looking android device IMHO.

Does anyone know if the shatterproof film scratches easily? I'm really careful with my phone right now lol.

You better put sp on front n back because the shatterproof film scratches easily and there is no replacement for that

Studyboy1

Reaction score
G2 display is over saturated. AMOLED looks saturated in our eyes is because it show colour range wider than sRGB. Take a look at this video.

Actually AMOLED are oversaturated because they have more vibrant hues especially the colour green. In the end, it's up to the user whether they like accurate colours or the vibrant colours.

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I actually watch thro the whole video.
Good morning lesson for me :p

Did she do the study on Sony?
It will be interesting to know.

derazor

Banned
Reaction score

Playing candy crush on amoled is a joke. Color way too saturated.
Don't believe just check out the color on iPhone and that's the more accurate color.

myhairverypain

Reaction score
People commenting on Amoled colours being over-saturated are jokers. For the love of God you can set the colour profile to natural. Just like on Sony you have a choice to switch off X-reality and colour calibration.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People commenting on Amoled colours being over-saturated are jokers. For the love of God you can set the colour profile to natural. Just like on Sony you have a choice to switch off X-reality and colour calibration.

People took photos and videos of different phones and compare them side by side.
It has already been proven that OLED are oversatured in some situations compared to LCD display, also by users of OLED displays.

For your info, natural colors setting on my s2 looks dull compared to LCD display.
OLED really need the oversaturated color settings for the display to look vibrant.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.