Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The big problem is their platform fails during critical times. And cannot sell via other brokerage once trf out of Cdp.

the failure could be a blessing in disguise. if you are not allowed to trade, its good to take a step back, to rethink your action and not to panic just like the market. as an investor, this is the kind of trait that you should have. if you are a trader, then you probably pick the wrong platform. you have to factor such risks in your plan as SCB trading platform is still in its infancy stage.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, quite good sia, but wat the commission for the sell trades?

Sell commission is 0.2%. For Buy commission, they will charge you first.. then reimburse every quarter if you meet the criteria of maintaining 100k in your security account.

stocklah

Reaction score
Sell commission is 0.2%. For Buy commission, they will charge you first.. then reimburse every quarter if you meet the criteria of maintaining 100k in your security account.

The sell commission of 0.2% is permanent or promotion period? becoz my current broker charge me 0.25%.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the failure could be a blessing in disguise. if you are not allowed to trade, its good to take a step back, to rethink your action and not to panic just like the market. as an investor, this is the kind of trait that you should have. if you are a trader, then you probably pick the wrong platform. you have to factor such risks in your plan as SCB trading platform is still in its infancy stage.

I feel regardless an investor or trader, one should develop the skills to react at the right time. Even as an investor, it's very strange to hope deliberately inconveniencing yourself via an ineffective system is a way to avoid panic.

Melicious

Master Member
Reaction score
I inputted my orders and i received a sms saying my order is filled. But I don't see my money deducted from the trading account. And i yet to receive any letter saying my stock holdings.

Did something went wrong

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
I inputted my orders and i received a sms saying my order is filled. But I don't see my money deducted from the trading account. And i yet to receive any letter saying my stock holdings.

Did something went wrong

Everything will be done T+3

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel regardless an investor or trader, one should develop the skills to react at the right time. Even as an investor, it's very strange to hope deliberately inconveniencing yourself via an ineffective system is a way to avoid panic.

that is just your opinion. it doesnt apply to everyone.

if a cinema or a club are caught on fire, do you think its safe for everyone to stampede to the exit door? you need to remain calm.

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even as an investor, it's very strange to hope deliberately inconveniencing yourself via an ineffective system is a way to avoid panic.

I have always wanted to say this.

IMO, I feel it is very strange to even have this thread. This thread has been active for quite some time. :s13:

This is not really a good reflection on SCB trading platform and customer service. Why are there so many questions about this trading platform? :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.