Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most attractions for Tokyo can be travelled through subways/trains right? Osaka is more for sightseeing? If 8days just for Tokyo, is it too much or little?

YOOO KANGAROO. Yea of cos 8 days is okay! U can see a lot of people itinerary about 8 days in Tokyo, I haven't create mine though, don't know where to go in Tokyo.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, trains and subways will get u to almost all the key attractions in tokyo.

osaka is also city, just like tokyo. sightseeing is probably just osaka castle. there is also osaka aquarium and universal studio in osaka. from osaka, u can travel to other parts of kansai for sightseeing, such as kyoto for temples and shrines, and kobe for mount rokko

8 days for tokyo i think is okay. u can spend 4-5 days on the main places in tokyo, 1-2 days for disneyland or sea, then maybe an overnight trip to hakone for view of mt fuji.

u can refer to this website to get an idea of wat to expect in tokyo
Tokyo - City Guide

If just wanna travel in Tokyo, which train pass should I get??

sereneong19

Reaction score
Huh then around 200 sgd?! I know the cab there is expensive but not till that extend??

Why not? The toll fees are very exp. One cab trip from narita to downtown Tokyo costs 100 plus already. Oh. Not to mention when I was there, the exchange rate was unfavorable to me and i had to sign for the cab charge

Last edited:

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been looking at one hotel from japanican and bookings.com, it says need to pay in advance at japanican but it says pay when staying at bookings.com and of course I book the one from booking.com
Any kind souls can explain why is that so? Scared later my reservation from bookings is not recorded.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been looking at one hotel from japanican and bookings.com, it says need to pay in advance at japanican but it says pay when staying at bookings.com and of course I book the one from booking.com
Any kind souls can explain why is that so? Scared later my reservation from bookings is not recorded.

I'd recommend booking through the hotel website directly. Rates are similar and quite often cheaper also (no agency fees).

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so far i have not encountered any problem with bookings.com

but if possible, i usually just book directly from the hotel's own website

buzzmario

Reaction score
shld be ok.
Nankai, midosuji and Hankyu lines are covered in the kansai thru pass

bro, thanks, another question here, as i need to travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) where my stay is to universal studio, hence as per the link here.

Hyperdia | SearchResult

the only JR line in this travel is from NISHIKUJO to UNIVERSALCITY , however it was quoted ¥780 to travel from KYOTO to UNIVERSALCITY. But i think in the travel KYOTO to NISHIKUJO is covered by kansai thru pass.

So if i am to make full use of the thru pass , i need to travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) to NISHIKUJO , get out and purchase the JR line ticket and bring me to Universal studio or I am make all arrangement at HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) station, ie i top whatever the different for the extra of JR and a strainght travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOT) to UNIVERSAL city?

Thanks

boonboon

Reaction score
I will be staying at Ikebukuro for a business trip from 22 Oct till 3 Nov. My hotel is 5 min walk from Ikebukuro station. I would like to visit their hot springs. Could someone recommend any hot springs around the area that is accessible by train and preferably no need to change to buses to reach the destination as I am afraid I will be lost?

123qwesz

Reaction score
I'll be flying to osaka from fukuoka on 28th October Monday morning. Most probably booking a hotel in osaka and taking day trips to kyoto, nara and kobe.

I know that a day trip of nara and kobe combined is sufficient. What about kyoto?

I will only be departing osaka for Tokyo on 31st October.

My question is, could anyone recommend me a short itinerary for these areas in the 3 days? 31st morning I'll be departing.

Thanks in advance!!!

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be staying at Ikebukuro for a business trip from 22 Oct till 3 Nov. My hotel is 5 min walk from Ikebukuro station. I would like to visit their hot springs. Could someone recommend any hot springs around the area that is accessible by train and preferably no need to change to buses to reach the destination as I am afraid I will be lost?

If you want true hot spring experience, the nearest would be Hakone. You can take the train to Hakone Yumoto station (no need to change I think) from Shinjuku. Takes about 1hr 30mins depending whether express or not.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be flying to osaka from fukuoka on 28th October Monday morning. Most probably booking a hotel in osaka and taking day trips to kyoto, nara and kobe.

I know that a day trip of nara and kobe combined is sufficient. What about kyoto?

I will only be departing osaka for Tokyo on 31st October.

My question is, could anyone recommend me a short itinerary for these areas in the 3 days? 31st morning I'll be departing.

Thanks in advance!!!

Not sure what your interest is but unless you're a foodie, I wouldn't recommend Kobe and Nara on a single day. The two towns are quite far apart unless you dont mind spending sometime on the train.

Kyoto itself is worth 2-3 days of visiting if you're into temples and historical sites. Near Kyoto is Arashiyama where there are the famous bamboo forests, Basho, monkeys, etc, also worth at least a half-day trip there or even a day.

If you prefer a no rush kind of sightseeing, I'd recommend Kyoto and Nara only. For Nara, half a day is more than enough.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i use booking.com as a place to check for empty rooms.

then i book direct with the hotel.

123qwesz

Reaction score
Not sure what your interest is but unless you're a foodie, I wouldn't recommend Kobe and Nara on a single day. The two towns are quite far apart unless you dont mind spending sometime on the train.

Kyoto itself is worth 2-3 days of visiting if you're into temples and historical sites. Near Kyoto is Arashiyama where there are the famous bamboo forests, Basho, monkeys, etc, also worth at least a half-day trip there or even a day.

If you prefer a no rush kind of sightseeing, I'd recommend Kyoto and Nara only. For Nara, half a day is more than enough.

Thanks for the fast reply! Personally, I would love to see the temples and historical sites. However, I wouldn't want to have sightseeing to form the majority of my trip to Japan. I'm more of a foodie lol!

My plan would be something like this now:
Touch down in Osaka
Check into
Go nara (whole afternoon)
Return to osaka in evening

Day 2
Kyoto from morning to night
So for kyoto, what are the must visit sites for a day?

Day 3
Go kobe for one whole day.
Any must do /must visit?

In kobe, I'm definitely going to try the beef there. What about nara?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

JNTO guide
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/pdf/regional/tokyo/Sento_Onsen_Tokyo.pdf

One Public bath(Sento) and one Onsen near Ikebukuro and easily accessible from Ikebukuro via Yamanote line.

Sento at Nippori Stn and Onsen at Sugamo stn.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! Personally, I would love to see the temples and historical sites. However, I wouldn't want to have sightseeing to form the majority of my trip to Japan. I'm more of a foodie lol!

My plan would be something like this now:
Touch down in Osaka
Check into
Go nara (whole afternoon)
Return to osaka in evening

Day 2
Kyoto from morning to night
So for kyoto, what are the must visit sites for a day?

Day 3
Go kobe for one whole day.
Any must do /must visit?

In kobe, I'm definitely going to try the beef there. What about nara?

i tot u have another thread abt this trip already?
stick to one thread easier, so we know wat was discussed, and wat is ur overall itinerary.
i reply u in the other thread.

lillyelf

Reaction score
bro, thanks, another question here, as i need to travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) where my stay is to universal studio, hence as per the link here.

Hyperdia | SearchResult

the only JR line in this travel is from NISHIKUJO to UNIVERSALCITY , however it was quoted ¥780 to travel from KYOTO to UNIVERSALCITY. But i think in the travel KYOTO to NISHIKUJO is covered by kansai thru pass.

So if i am to make full use of the thru pass , i need to travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) to NISHIKUJO , get out and purchase the JR line ticket and bring me to Universal studio or I am make all arrangement at HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) station, ie i top whatever the different for the extra of JR and a strainght travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOT) to UNIVERSAL city?

Thanks

Osaka loop line is JR. The best value I found for you is to take this:

Hyperdia | SearchResult

then walk to Osaka station and take the JR line for 170 yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.