Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i was quoted

Daikin system 1- inverter rks25gvmg~ftks25dvm $989

+

panasonic system 1 inverter cups9nkz~csps9nkz $849 (+ $199 for 4 more year warranty)

+

upgrade insulation to 3/4 $160
upgrade to copper 23 to 22 $40

+

service contract for 2 year service (total 5 times) at $340

total $2577

is it alright?

thanks

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i was quoted

Daikin system 1- inverter rks25gvmg~ftks25dvm $989

+

panasonic system 1 inverter cups9nkz~csps9nkz $849 (+ $199 for 4 more year warranty)

+

upgrade insulation to 3/4 $160
upgrade to copper 23 to 22 $40

+

service contract for 2 year service (total 5 times) at $340

total $2577

is it alright?

thanks

Expensive bro...

No.1: PS-9NKZ is old model. ( new is CU/CS-S9PKZ )
** Eco Navi always got problems... Causing defect in the Thermistor

I would rather you take Mitsubishi or Fujitsu. More cooling power & longer lasting.

new piping exposed?

But why take 2 single split? Landed/Condo? Why not a system 2?

maybe you can email eddie for some pricing advice bro...

thlaircon.sales@gmail.com

pumpkinified

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some advice urgently from Terumo and everyone.

We had intention to purchase Mitsubishi Electric Star Mex system 3. But we went to Best Denki today and the salesperson told us Europace would be better choice.

Europace pro:
1) They run on Mitsubishi compressor.
2) BTU is 28k. We were told ME Starmex is abt 25k even thought is ME28 model.
3) Price is lower at S$2959 for BTU unit 12+9+18k
4) Best Denki said their insulation are all thermaflex.

Europace con:
1) Not enough reviews online to determine its reliability.

Any idea on Europace products or comments?
Need some opinions urgently. Any input will be appreciated as we need to confirm the aircon purchase this week.

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

We had intention to purchase Mitsubishi Electric Star Mex system 3. But we went to Best Denki today and the salesperson told us Europace would be better choice.

Europace pro:

Europace con:

Need some opinions urgently. Any input will be appreciated as we need to confirm the aircon purchase this week.

Dun waste your Money on Europace aircon.... If you are looking at max cooling for good price and after sales, get Fujitsu..

Approx same price and 2 years warranty on fancoil

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

Europace pro:

Europace con:

Pricing wise for fujitsu (29000BTU ) if i remember from my friend correctly is $2849 for your configuration

Using Armaflex 1/2 inch which is better than Thermaflex & 23gauge copper tubing & 16mm Drainage pipe.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i choose 2 system 1 is because i wanted it if one break down i will still another ac to use.

i think maybe i choose dalkin and mit electric.

The cs~ps9nkz got no econavi. he told me that is the basic model.

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
i choose 2 system 1 is because i wanted it if one break down i will still another ac to use.

Cfm have eco-navi lah bro.. Only thing it dun have is ioniser ( Nano-G Ions )

But for 2 system 1, you have the space to place the bracket? On floor? Ledge or bracket?

And your installation does it require hacking of false ceiling or wall? or is it a straight forward remove old stuffs and install new stuffs?

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on the ledge.

mine is a new flat.

ok i try to get a requote for dalkin $989 + Mit elertic $999 and copper/insu upgrade at $200

total should be $2188 without service contract

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also i wanted to get panasonic fridge the model with econavi.

now i think i choose samsung better.

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score

Based on Mitsubishi starmex single split x 02 $2128 with the upgraded stuffs.

And the service package is yearly 4 times at $100 each i think.... have to check with my fren eddie. Helping him cuz he juz started in his company

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
on the ledge.

mine is a new flat.

ok i try to get a requote for dalkin $989 + Mit elertic $999 and copper/insu upgrade at $200

Bro, if on the ledge, even worse, you see your block, how many ppl use 2 condensor?? And you WILL need a stainless steel bracket to hold another condenser if it is approved by the HDB ( you will need to apply for 2 condensers... )

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
also i wanted to get panasonic fridge the model with econavi.

now i think i choose samsung better.

You try to Google Panasonic Eco navi complaints and you will understand what i mean bro.... Samsung or Hitachi fridges are better la... Im in the retail line, which model you looking for bro?

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
on the ledge.

mine is a new flat.

If HDB do not approve, Mitsubishi starmex System 2, 2 x 9000 should be $2339 without service contract...

Or Fujitsu system 2, 2 x 9000BTU $2209
Advantage of fujitsu is the additional warranty opn fancoil ( 2 Years )

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You try to Google Panasonic Eco navi complaints and you will understand what i mean bro.... Samsung or Hitachi fridges are better la... Im in the retail line, which model you looking for bro?

wanted to get this model NR-BW415 but now i think i choose samsung RT35FDACDSL cause i shortlisted 2

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
wanted to get this model NR-BW415 but now i think i choose samsung RT35FDACDSL cause i shortlisted 2

RT35 is good. but abit small internally. Pm me the stuffs you are thinking of getting, i recommend you a place to call and check price before you go ahead bro.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, if on the ledge, even worse, you see your block, how many ppl use 2 condensor?? And you WILL need a stainless steel bracket to hold another condenser if it is approved by the HDB ( you will need to apply for 2 condensers... )

i have check HDB websites those new flat with 40amp can install 2 condensers without permit

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
i have check HDB websites those new flat with 40amp can install 2 condensers without permit

Then you will have to add in a stainless steel bracket bro cuz the ledge no space for 2 condensers.. Best denki i think charges $150. and power point you will need to get your contractor to install one more. All this are hidden costs that will suddenly appear.. You got ask them do a site viewing ?

Last edited:

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RT35 is good. but abit small internally. Pm me the stuffs you are thinking of getting, i recommend you a place to call and check price before you go ahead bro.

i think fridge cam pm you.

for aircon too late.

have to call them to change to ME since it not installed yet.

i also choose panasonice cause my brother using for 6month it seem ok. that why i choose the panasonic at 849 and add 4 yr warranty. i got a feeling it cheaper by around $160 there must be a catch somewhere but you confirm it so i call and change

Last edited:

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then you will have to add in a stainless steel bracket bro... Best denki i think charges $150. and power point you will need to get your contractor to install one more. All this are hidden costs that will suddenly appear.. You got ask them do a site viewing ?

no need i hope.

there a few new block of flat at bedok all installl 2 condenser without needed a bracket. they install in a front and back style without blocking the fan area

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
i think fridge cam pm you.

for aircon too late.

have to call them to change to ME since it not installed yet.

i also choose panasonice cause my brother using for 6month it seem ok. that why i choose the panasonic at 849 and add 4 yr warranty. i got a feeling it cheaper by around $160 there must be a catch somewhere can you confirm it

Like I said bro. When u are quoted, those professional enough will ask u aircon ledge and such. Urs is hdb, no hdb have a aircon ledge that big to put 2 condensers. And PowerPoint for aircon is always 1. Thermaflex is preventing moisture going into the pipe. The outer layer is waxed. Armaflex is absorb moisture... if I am correct. End up u will pay another 150 for bracket + 250 fpr PowerPoint... u made payment in full or deposit?? If deposit, bang table, u get ur $$ back. Unless they layed the piping then useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.