Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they r paying, then all e better. No need to worry bout fees. If not, I will recommend u to sign with me. Lol

buzzmario

Reaction score
i think he meant that it is not worth it coz not the entire trip is covered by the pass. it is also a hassle to change so many trains in order to maximise the usage of the pass.

it may be much easier not to get any pass, and enjoy the flexibility and not be constrained by the train lines u can take. but that will depend on ur itinerary.

maybe u can start a thread with ur full itinerary? easier for us to comment and keep track of wat is going on. coz too many ppl asking different things... getting confusing.

hi, i will start a thread once i got my full itinerary planned out. going on last day of next month.

like to ask if ICOCA & HARUKA similar to our mrt card? but can only use in kansai area? mean i can't use it once i go tokyo?
thanks

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i will start a thread once i got my full itinerary planned out. going on last day of next month.

like to ask if ICOCA & HARUKA similar to our mrt card? but can only use in kansai area? mean i can't use it once i go tokyo?
thanks

yes, icoca is like an ezlink card and is for kansai only. for tokyo, u need to get suica. since there isnt any discount (unless u are getting icoca and haraku package, or NEX and suica package), u can just buy single trip tickets instead. single trip ticket is just more troublesome coz need to queue and buy tickets, and need to purchase the correct fare ticket.

Ghostrider

Reaction score
Need to travel from Shinjuku to Hakkeijima station
Will be taking JR Shonan-Shinjuku line to Yokohama and change to JR Negishi line to reach Shin Sugita. At Shin-Sugita take the Kanazwa Seaside line to Hakkeijima

Will likely to use Sucia, can Sucia use for Kanazawa seaside line?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to travel from Shinjuku to Hakkeijima station
Will be taking JR Shonan-Shinjuku line to Yokohama and change to JR Negishi line to reach Shin Sugita. At Shin-Sugita take the Kanazwa Seaside line to Hakkeijima

Will likely to use Sucia, can Sucia use for Kanazawa seaside line?

I think PASMO is the one that is used on this line. But SUICA also can be used there. And if you hang out in & around Tokyo, SUICA is still the best.

Ticket Information | Seaside Line

BTW, everyday i read these post like yours, it always open up new sights to visit. Didnt know about this seaside line until now. Any specific reason you wanted to try this?

Ghostrider

Reaction score
I think PASMO is the one that is used on this line. But SUICA also can be used there. And if you hang out in & around Tokyo, SUICA is still the best.

Ticket Information | Seaside Line

BTW, everyday i read these post like yours, it always open up new sights to visit. Didnt know about this seaside line until now. Any specific reason you wanted to try this?

I just want to revisit Hakkeijima Sea paradise. Last time I visited this place is ten years ago when I was in Yokohama. This time will go with my kids.
http://www.seaparadise.co.jp/english/introduction.html

buzzmario

Reaction score
Hi, like to ask, I am reaching Osaka at 7 am on 1 dec,going direct to kyoto, I am staying at 40 Awataguchi Sanjobocho, Higashiyama Ward.

As i google the map, within the close area, i should be able to tour Kiyomizudera> Maruyama Park> Nishiki Market. I suppose this is workable? ti should cover 1st day of our Kyoto trip?

2nd second i will be spending whole day at arashiyam.

Or for 3 days which also my last day in Koyoto, any recommendation places to go? i not really into those temple, but is those icon and must visit place, i dun mind going.

for 4 days i will be going to osaka, will be spending hald a day there as i got a slot for instant mee course and likely follow by dinner at osaka before i leave for takayama on the 5 days morning.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, like to ask, I am reaching Osaka at 7 am on 1 dec,going direct to kyoto, I am staying at 40 Awataguchi Sanjobocho, Higashiyama Ward.

As i google the map, within the close area, i should be able to tour Kiyomizudera> Maruyama Park> Nishiki Market. I suppose this is workable? ti should cover 1st day of our Kyoto trip?

Or for 3 days which also my last day in Koyoto, any recommendation places to go? i not really into those temple, but is those icon and must visit place, i dun mind going.

for 4 days i will be going to osaka, will be spending hald a day there as i got a slot for instant mee course and likely follow by dinner at osaka before i leave for takayama on the 5 days morning.

note that the days are shorter in dec and it gets dark around 4+pm. refer to sunset timings here:
Sunrise and Sunset for Japan – Osaka – coming days

so make sure u have enuf daylight for all ur planned places. also, the stalls in nishiki market closes quite early, probably around evening time.

u may wanna consider visiting fushimi inari for its torii gates. it is one of the most iconic attractions in kyoto in my opinion. u can put this on day 3 morning. for afternoon, u can do trip to kobe, nara or osaka.

for ur 3 days in kyoto, u can make trips in the evening/night to osaka for shopping and eating, since there is nothing much in kyoto after dark. u can spend one evening in gion, but other that that, u likely dun have much to do in kyoto from 4+pm onwards

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

On the part of temple visits, I find the temples are just a destination name but the process of going there and the views along the way are really the "main attractions". Eg Ise Jingu in Mie, it's basically some humble "hut" like structures. But the trip there was really a very enjoyable experience for me. The sights, sound, fresh air and streams with koi swimming along are edged deeply in my mind. :)
http://www.isejingu.or.jp/arukikata/

Last edited:

buzzmario

Reaction score
note that the days are shorter in dec and it gets dark around 4+pm. refer to sunset timings here:
Sunrise and Sunset for Japan – Osaka – coming days

so make sure u have enuf daylight for all ur planned places. also, the stalls in nishiki market closes quite early, probably around evening time.

u may wanna consider visiting fushimi inari for its torii gates. it is one of the most iconic attractions in kyoto in my opinion. u can put this on day 3 morning. for afternoon, u can do trip to kobe, nara or osaka.

for ur 3 days in kyoto, u can make trips in the evening/night to osaka for shopping and eating, since there is nothing much in kyoto after dark. u can spend one evening in gion, but other that that, u likely dun have much to do in kyoto from 4+pm onwards

thanks i suppose gion is near my stay at Higashiyama?

where is fushimi inari? other places near this that can allow me for a whole day tour? thanks

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks i suppose gion is near my stay at Higashiyama?

where is fushimi inari? other places near this that can allow me for a whole day tour? thanks

no idea where u accommodation is located. but gion is in eastern kyoto, near kiyomizudera and maruyama park, so it shld be easy to fit into ur first day itinerary.

fushimi inari is in southern kyoto, near inari station. u can hike through the thousands of torii gate over the mountain and end up in tofukuji temple a station away. this will take u the whole morning. other than that, i cant think of anything else around that area

Mistic

Reaction score
company change sch to Bunka language sch cos here got SDF grant to tap..

any review for this sch?

cyclohexane

Reaction score
hi guys,
this is the first time am going to see snow (yippee). hope you guys can share with me your valuable advice.
am asking if i need to get a good pair of boots or can i buy those cheap (bata; weinbenner) boots for my trip? cos it is not likely that i will get to wear the boots again leh. so it makes more economic sense to get a cheapo one? or should i get a $200 pair and keep it till my next trip?

tks,
cyc

lillyelf

Reaction score
no idea where u accommodation is located. but gion is in eastern kyoto, near kiyomizudera and maruyama park, so it shld be easy to fit into ur first day itinerary.

fushimi inari is in southern kyoto, near inari station. u can hike through the thousands of torii gate over the mountain and end up in tofukuji temple a station away. this will take u the whole morning. other than that, i cant think of anything else around that area

You can consider taking the train down south from Tofukuji to Uji and see Byodoin.

Uji Travel Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.