The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
U can email harry for a quotation also. He can include it in his next shipment so u probably will save on shipping

Harry is the hairyportal guy

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro. I didn't get that in the end.. I bought Toni&Guys volume plumping mousse instead. Too lazy go find the redken cream mousse.

If I find I let u know. Mousse fast fast finish one hor? XD

Damn interesting sia the cream base mousse. Never see before. Reveal how it's diff from ur new Toni and guy!

neo1978

Reaction score
True that. :) To add on, forums are used as a platform to have discussions on a theme. In this context, the theme over here is on hair. People might be recommending and introducing their products not entirely because of monetary gains but also because these are their heartfelt opinions and feedback about it. Why is this so? Simply because they tried it and really liked it.

I believe the world works in such a way that its only human nature that everyone tends to go after their personal interests. Who doesnt anyway? Baseline is as long as there is healthy and constructive discussions going on, i believe its still beneficial to all in totality. If you don't wish to try, you can always move on to other brands. Else, you can always try out the recommended products brought to you with much convenience and supported reviews. So why not? It all roots down to one's perception. #JustSaying :)

I'm not for personal interest. And I feel that it has becoming more and more unhealthy especially only a few members talking abt the same products over and over again.
Example putting down Gatsby (not a fan of cos) and introducing the one which ingredient list is equally bad as Gatsby or worse.
If the world 100% works only for themselves, you will see 0 social or volunteer worker... And btw I am a volunteer worker, I really don't see what I benefit for myself.
And I don't see a need for a hair salon thread as this is already a hair thread... so who died and made who the leader?
Anyway... I'm sure the usual gang already took side and can't wait to agree with you, i will end my thoughts here. Let's not carry on with this discussion.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Damn interesting sia the cream base mousse. Never see before. Reveal how it's diff from ur new Toni and guy!

Ya. I will use it for special occasion. Everytime use will be very chor..

Please let me know once you found it too. I always thought mousse are for old people use one. :x

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Organic wax that is less damaging to your hair.

unnecessary ingredients like petrolatum, lanolin (oil from sheep), parabens, mineral oil and some others.

speaking of ingredients. please refrain from such baseless qualifiers.

im sure many will agree with you two on both accounts, but most will just be following the general trend of hearsay. no definitive link between such ingredients and negative/positive effects. i mean... organic = good? what? crude oil based = bad? more what? lanolin, closest in structure to human sebum content = bad? triple what?

i didnt wanna say anything at first, but then
>Example putting down Gatsby (not a fan of cos) and introducing the one which ingredient list is equally bad as Gatsby or worse.

erm....... i couldnt stop and stare blankly at this.

i only own a single gatsby product, one of their spray waxes, but i've been trying many different ones from friends and such. honestly, there isnt any reason to label a product as bad. bad for u maybe, but bad? not so much.

be honest, most of us just dont like gatsby cos its too mainstream =:p (that, and doesnt wash off easily. BUT U CANT DENY ITS MASSIVE HOLD. u win some, u lose some [well in this case u might lose more than "some", but still there is something win about it])

no offense to anyone above, but just... you know.... dont spread lies

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mousse very fast. Haha. cause need a full pump and go into the roots. Haha but good for ppl who have really rough hair.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya. I will use it for special occasion. Everytime use will be very chor..

Please let me know once you found it too. I always thought mousse are for old people use one. :x
Used to be. Haha but I didn't know how it works till purple use it on me

neo1978

Reaction score
speaking of ingredients. please refrain from such baseless qualifiers.

im sure many will agree with you two on both accounts, but most will just be following the general trend of hearsay. no definitive link between such ingredients and negative/positive effects. i mean... organic = good? what? crude oil based = bad? more what? lanolin, closest in structure to human sebum content = bad? triple what?

i didnt wanna say anything at first, but then
>Example putting down Gatsby (not a fan of cos) and introducing the one which ingredient list is equally bad as Gatsby or worse.

erm....... i couldnt stop and stare blankly at this.

i only own a single gatsby product, one of their spray waxes, but i've been trying many different ones from friends and such. honestly, there isnt any reason to label a product as bad. bad for u maybe, but bad? not so much.

be honest, most of us just dont like gatsby cos its too mainstream =:p (that, and doesnt wash off easily. BUT U CANT DENY ITS MASSIVE HOLD. u win some, u lose some [well in this case u might lose more than "some", but still there is something win about it])

no offense to anyone above, but just... you know.... dont spread lies

Am trying to say... If a person is using gatsby, don't try to intro something that is same as gatsby and claim it to be better.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mousse very fast. Haha. cause need a full pump and go into the roots. Haha but good for ppl who have really rough hair.

But the one purple used on my hair really good.. Can see m hair a lot of volume and root can stand on its own. Don't need use a lot of hair spray also.. Which means it's healthier to my hair I guess..

Btw.. Frankly speaking.. Before gold digger.. I'm always using gatsby products.

Why? Can't find any better hold than them and the prices are reasonable. Once used finish. Go Watson or guardian or supermarket to buy them.

But one thing I don't like is. It cause my scalp to grow pimple. Like what you said. It's hard to wash off.. End up the residue all in my hair.

Right now I'm using their superhard spray only

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Am trying to say... If a person is using gatsby, don't try to intro something that is same as gatsby and claim it to be better.
Irrelevant to my point. That's not the thing I have issue with. It's the sweeping statements about ingredients that my inner scientist has a point to nitpick about.

to add on, vaseline is based around petrolatum (and so are many skin moisturizers), johonsons baby oil is like near pure mineral oil, and nivea creme's main ingredient is lanolin. parabens.... only a psycho will use in near 100%, so thats irrelevant here

once again, no offence at all. just minor education =) keeping it civil, yo.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any explanation on which product that anyone claim to to be better than gabsty when it's just as bad? :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the one purple used on my hair really good.. Can see m hair a lot of volume and root can stand on its own. Don't need use a lot of hair spray also.. Which means it's healthier to my hair I guess..

Btw.. Frankly speaking.. Before gold digger.. I'm always using gatsby products.

Why? Can't find any better hold than them and the prices are reasonable. Once used finish. Go Watson or guardian or supermarket to buy them.

But one thing I don't like is. It cause my scalp to grow pimple. Like what you said. It's hard to wash off.. End up the residue all in my hair.

Right now I'm using their superhard spray only

Me too. Haha but I was intro to professional products such as Sebastian and I nv look back at gabsty. Too chui alr. Never like mainstream products anyway. Haha too hipster

neo1978

Reaction score
Irrelevant to my point. That's not the thing I have issue with. It's the sweeping statements about ingredients that my inner scientist has a point to nitpick about.

Maybe i feel that products would be better if they don't contain certain ingredients.

Any explanation on which product that anyone claim to to be better than gabsty when it's just as bad? :)

I do not want to offense anyone. I already said in my last post to LJH "Let's end the discussion" I really do not need a gang of pple coming at me.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe i feel that products would be better if they don't contain certain ingredients.

now THATS my point! kudos to u bro. opinions and facts are different. and i believe is such a thread we should keep them separate. its tough, but i feel we need to keep it in mind. i believe i might have let the line blur myself, but it smth we all need to be conscious about. :s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I do not want to offense anyone. I already said in my last post to LJH "Let's end the discussion" I really do not need a gang of pple coming at me.
No worries bro. Haha it's open for discussion. I am here to learn and share ideas and products. Haha

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I really dont want to say this. But bro, u got to learn how to make justifications and engage in healthy and civic minded discussions. In fact, i think all along there is health contents within and i dont see in any way, how is this coming at you when the tone isn't aggressive at all. Or rather, i think our tones are actually much better than yours actually. Chill man. Its a peaceful saturday. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SSS normally spray how many times?

It actually depends on the length of your hair and the holding factor of the SSS, it usually takes about 3-4 pumps. U can probably try to experiment it on your hair for the first few days to grasp the correct amount to use. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I just read is like an argument or debate between practical workers and theory workers. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.