Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmario

Reaction score
no idea where u accommodation is located. but gion is in eastern kyoto, near kiyomizudera and maruyama park, so it shld be easy to fit into ur first day itinerary.

fushimi inari is in southern kyoto, near inari station. u can hike through the thousands of torii gate over the mountain and end up in tofukuji temple a station away. this will take u the whole morning. other than that, i cant think of anything else around that area

oK is this workable?

Morning take train to inari station, hike through the torii gate over the mountian and end up in tofukuji temple. So i need not to hike down? this half a day?

is there a station near tofukuji where i can take to jr kyoto and maybe to osaka in the for my the other half day?

Thanks

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oK is this workable?

Morning take train to inari station, hike through the torii gate over the mountian and end up in tofukuji temple. So i need not to hike down? this half a day?

is there a station near tofukuji where i can take to jr kyoto and maybe to osaka in the for my the other half day?

Thanks

the hike is up and down a small hill. tofukuji temple is at the bottom of the other side.
u can read up on the hike from lonely planet 'hiking in japan' travel guide. just go bookstore read or google for google books can liao =:p

there is a tofukuji station near the temple. u can take train back to kyoto station then to osaka for the rest of the day. or take the train down to Uji as suggested by lillyelf

Ventide

Reaction score
Anybody got hotels within 8000 range in Tokyo?

I usually stay in service apartments which is cheaper and much better then budget hotels

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody got hotels within 8000 range in Tokyo?

I usually stay in service apartments which is cheaper and much better then budget hotels

You can try Ikebukuro area, more specifically in the upper west region of the station.

buzzmario

Reaction score
the hike is up and down a small hill. tofukuji temple is at the bottom of the other side.
u can read up on the hike from lonely planet 'hiking in japan' travel guide. just go bookstore read or google for google books can liao =:p

there is a tofukuji station near the temple. u can take train back to kyoto station then to osaka for the rest of the day. or take the train down to Uji as suggested by lillyelf

hi, how long it take to hike from inari station hike via torii gate to reach tofukuji station? As i am traveling with 9 kid , hence a concern to me.

Thanks

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, how long it take to hike from inari station hike via torii gate to reach tofukuji station? As i am traveling with 9 kid , hence a concern to me.

Thanks

cant really remember liao. according to japan-guide website, it is 2-3hrs.
u can dun hike the entire trail from fushimi inari to tofukuji, just turn back and return to fushimi inari.

buzzmario

Reaction score
cant really remember liao. according to japan-guide website, it is 2-3hrs.
u can dun hike the entire trail from fushimi inari to tofukuji, just turn back and return to fushimi inari.

thanks bro. if i turn back to fushimi, any other places i could go near? i plan is to proceed to osaka for the other half day in the afternoon follow by dinner before i go back to kyoto for the night. or there is places i could visit on the way to osaka?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bro. if i turn back to fushimi, any other places i could go near? i plan is to proceed to osaka for the other half day in the afternoon follow by dinner before i go back to kyoto for the night. or there is places i could visit on the way to osaka?

cant think of anything near... all need to take train/bus.

if not just go osaka earlier loh. i think osaka shld be more interesting for ur kid. can visit aquarium, USJ, HEP5 ferris wheel, osaka castle, nissin museum etc

buzzmario

Reaction score
Hi any one been to Sanzenin Temple at Kyoto? As I google, it take an hour from Kyoto station to reach there. Hence worth to visit? Thks

kiatkiat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Japanese have a habit of giving tips? Go makan today and they return me 20 yens. Don't know where to take or put it back.

hgkiaboon

Reaction score
you mean tipping consider rude or not tipping consider rude?

Tipping implies that the person serving you isn't paid enough and has to be bribed to do his job well. There's no need to tip except at traditional ryokans where I usually put a small sum of money into an envelope and hand it to the lady in charge of fluffing my futons/setting out my food in the room.

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japanese take pride in their service & expect nothing extra in return...

yup....

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a gratitude "payment" is received with thanks though...

tour bus drivers and tour guides are "tipped"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.