The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Undercut and not shaved sides right? Some wax less clay would be good imo. My fav at the moment for undercut is vantachi clay.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new products from the vilain brothers. lol. shampoo and conditioner but i still will be skeptical on this.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
new products from the vilain brothers. lol. shampoo and conditioner but i still will be skeptical on this.
I like their mad scientist all in approach hahaha, for their formulation of gd.

----------------------------

By Vilain Shampoo
- Rinse and clean all types of hair
- With: Mint, Tea tree and menthol
- Cools you scalp and you feel fresh and clean
- Increases hair roots blood circulation and prevent hair loss

By Vilain Conditioner
- Repair and moisturize
- Natural essential oils,
- Scent: Menthol and our own perfume

oooooo

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha. See Rasmus got xin send me samples anot. They really wanna go after hdf sia!

neo1978

Reaction score
honestly this part I've got to agree with u partially; i have tried quite a few gatsby down the years and they were all crap. Not talking about ingredients all that. Just the quality of the product is abysmal. even their hold is just rock solid hold which other products can replicate. Its not the kind of hold where the hairstyle is maintained throughout the day but still relatively pliable, eg, your hair doesn't look like its set in cement, which I find only quality products can do.

Btw, any deep cleansing shampoo to recommend? looking for 1 next

I find the everyone should have a deep cleansing shampoo that you use once a week for the thorough cleanse. Personal fave: Wella purifying
or_496b6ad912222708663348.jpg

Aveda Men Exfoliating Shampoo (it has scrub in it)
aveda-exfoliating.jpg

Another personal fave that you can use it everyday for that extra clean but not too much... Redken clean brew
1346249528443_img-header.png

Btw... many of the better facial cleansers and shampoos in the market are acidic, more to PH 5.5... as it cleanses and protect and maintain our natural barriers.
If you have condition like dermatitis, you will opt for more alkaline ones.

neo1978

Reaction score
town....far east/orchard/somerset or novena etc

far east... the first salon above the flight of stair to the entrance, think is call Clover (beside watson)... they carry wella products.
FYI... The director from the salon, Mary Leo, she's gd.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
far east... the first salon above the flight of stair to the entrance, think is call Clover (beside watson)... they carry wella products.
ok, will go get next week. :)

PetiaC

Reaction score
If i m not wrong, i thought NTUC are selling Imperial Leather?

Normally Imperial Leather can find in provision shop or medical halls. Some smaller supermart may find.

Tabac more atas I only see Mustafa and Hanifa selling.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find the everyone should have a deep cleansing shampoo that you use once a week for the thorough cleanse. Personal fave: Wella purifying
or_496b6ad912222708663348.jpg

Aveda Men Exfoliating Shampoo (it has scrub in it)
aveda-exfoliating.jpg

Another personal fave that you can use it everyday for that extra clean but not too much... Redken clean brew
1346249528443_img-header.png

Btw... many of the better facial cleansers and shampoos in the market are acidic, more to PH 5.5... as it cleanses and protect and maintain our natural barriers.
If you have condition like dermatitis, you will opt for more alkaline ones.

Didn't know that there is exfoliating shampoo in the market. Only heard of facial exfoliators. Looks good but just wondering what exactly does exfoliating shampoo does for us? Facial exfoliators are meant to remove dead skin cells but with regard to hair, there aint dead cells right?

I heard of wella cleansing shampoo before. But is it very dry? What difference does it have from the typical big boys brands out there? :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This clover boutique is apparently very popular among the ladies. Heard very good reviews about them. Always wanted to try them out and now that i got a name, perhaps i will try them! Thanks for sharing bro! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, what do you use to style undercuts?

Basically, i dont think there are specific products to be used for undercuts. Most products will be able to go well with undercut, be it wax or clay. However, it is the common sense to use products with slight or no shine if you are letting your fringe down. You will look damn weird if you use high shine products with such hairstyle especially classic fringe (bangs). On the other hand, with hairstyles that fringe goes up, then use products with at most moderate shine.

brightside

Reaction score
Looking to try out something new for my hair. I style my hair like a pompadour/slick back, but more towards the side and without a comb. Currently using Fudge Matt Hed 13 but it feels abit heavy and causes my hair to droop.

I've been looking at HDF claymation and Hoyu 3210 ultra hard. Any other recommendations/insights?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 5cts worth on "cheap" cosmetics products. Not all cheap things are bad.

Fortunately for me my body is not so picky so don't have allergy to cheap products like Johnson Baby Oil (use to protect my razors from rust), Nivea Creme (use to recover from razorburn and sunburn), Brylcreem (easy to wash off hair-styling product) all the above have synthetic material.

My son have sensitive skin so last time also spend a lot of money of expensive hypo allergic shampoo and soap. If he use the Johnson Baby Shampoo or Bodywash his skin will be become rough with "goosebumps" for days.

Until one day he started to use my soap bars because he copy me. The really dirt cheap Imperial Leather soap bar actually improve his skin condition even better than the expensive cleansers.

After which I am sold on soap bars. But currently using the much more expensive Tabac soap bar, but I will go use Imperial Leather as a backup in case I have no time to go down Mustafa to restock on Tabac.

I use the green indian soup from young until now. My family is pray indian god one so certain things we use are always indian related. I still remember the 1st time I brought my girlfriend over and she commented that my toilet have this weird smell. :s13:

It cost around 50c for a bar but my daddy likes to go Malacaa just to eat so at the same time he'll stock up the indian bar soap as well. I remember he always buy like 3 - 6 cartons back so that shop seller remembers my daddy and till now, still selling him at RM20c for a bar.

PetiaC

Reaction score
Didn't know that there is exfoliating shampoo in the market. Only heard of facial exfoliators. Looks good but just wondering what exactly does exfoliating shampoo does for us? Facial exfoliators are meant to remove dead skin cells but with regard to hair, there aint dead cells right?

I heard of wella cleansing shampoo before. But is it very dry? What difference does it have from the typical big boys brands out there? :)

I think exfoliating the scalp to remove dead skins cells / unhealthy skin cells.

I last time use the "scalp scanner" at my wife's work place to see my scalp, she say I got very oily scalp and some patches fungus infection on dead skin and claim her shop hair treatment can prevent the rot spreading to my brain and I can become one of the cast of the walking dead... you get the picture.

After I hoot the Kent boar bristle brush and 2 weeks of daily brushing. I go scan again. This time the dead cells no more thus no more black spots and although hair still oily the oil is not clustered onto the scalp but spread evenly across the hair ie free natural conditioner.

She quickly dismissed the claims of Kent brush working as intended as hogwash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.