[Apple Store] iPad Air Availability Related Discussions [NO SALES]

Wolfmaster

Reaction score
To me the killer is Mini with Retina... i was concern on whether A7 will be included ... seems that this is a rare thing that Apple is doing... cost wise totally no different with A6 or A7 to apple... so they finally acknowledge that mini is here to stay... & decided to put their best into this..

For me.. i will go for the Mini Retina........ higher pixel density for light weight is a big plus to me.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i am thinking abt 128gb mini but then again... will it be next yr come out with another color. if i get 128gb i think next few yrs wont change liao. save $

if go holiday etc mini is better than Air? hmmm

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am thinking abt 128gb mini but then again... will it be next yr come out with another color. if i get 128gb i think next few yrs wont change liao. save $

if go holiday etc mini is better than Air? hmmm

I only know that when I am doing business in the comfort of my home toilet, ipad air suits me!:s13:

trinex

Reaction score
i wonder will the ipad heat up easily like the previous generations of ipad

Yo2020

Master Member
Reaction score
To me the killer is Mini with Retina... i was concern on whether A7 will be included ... seems that this is a rare thing that Apple is doing... cost wise totally no different with A6 or A7 to apple... so they finally acknowledge that mini is here to stay... & decided to put their best into this..
they do up the price by usd70/sgd100, i guess it's to compensate for the retina display n the processor.

trinex

Reaction score
they do up the price by usd70/sgd100, i guess it's to compensate for the retina display n the processor.

Honestly the mini was already very sharp before retina was implemented, can check out at the store if it makes a big difference, if not is not really worth to pay another 100 for that slight improvement of it

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly the mini was already very sharp before retina was implemented, can check out at the store if it makes a big difference, if not is not really worth to pay another 100 for that slight improvement of it

I think for young people where viewing distance from screen is normal the pixelation is not so obvious. But for older folk who tend to read with the screen closer due to approaching presbyopia, the difference is very obvious.

clpua

Reaction score
Besides the screen display, you might also want to note that the $100 for iPad mini retina likely keep you future proof for next 1-2 years (A7 vs A5).

And it would load and run your app faster too.

Not sure how much RAM is inside ... this need it to be release and get tear down by other news website.

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score

This is a very subjective argument. I know because I got irritated every time I saw how pixelated things were on the iPad mini every time I used it, and I always felt better when looking at the incredibly sharp Nexus 7 2013 edition.

trinex

Reaction score
tiagong later the ipad mini retina display only last for 7 months like ipad 3 then launch ipad mini 2

runforyourlife

Reaction score
This is a very subjective argument. I know because I got irritated every time I saw how pixelated things were on the iPad mini every time I used it, and I always felt better when looking at the incredibly sharp Nexus 7 2013 edition.

if u got irritated why did you buy it in the first place? :s13:

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
if u got irritated why did you buy it in the first place? :s13:

Well I'll admit I am a very big gadget fan, and at the time, there were no retina-class devices in the 7-8" screen size. Android tablets were at the most 1280x800 like the Nexus 7 2012 (which I also owned) - and they were pretty pixelated even then.

Besides, the build quality of the iPad mini was incredible. I really loved the way it felt in my hand. It was a compromise that I was ok with, and even then I purposely chose the cheapest variant (16GB Wifi) because I knew the retina version would eventually launch (I'll be getting the 128GB LTE. I'll also be getting the iPad Air 128GB LTE).

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

huh? are you serious?? my eyesight not so good can already see a huge difference from switching to and for my mini and ipad running the same apps.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
i think the problem is if u are a user of e original ipad series, u will notice e diff upon switching to retina.

but if u throw them away for few mths den use without retina, you won't realise the pixelation :s13:

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Think some eye are already programmed with Retina display.. Just like iPhone.. I still have 3G.. One look u can tell that the non-retina screen cannot make it..

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to change my current slate 32GB wifi mini to the space grey retina one, just nice also match my space grey 5s! :D

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think some eye are already programmed with Retina display.. Just like iPhone.. I still have 3G.. One look u can tell that the non-retina screen cannot make it..

Regular screens still ok lah and graphics is still substantially adequate, not so bad until cannot make it.

auzzuro

Reaction score
hi just wondering if apple going to sell ipad air onli the wifi version on 1st nov or both? any1 can ans my Q

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.