Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrairc

Reaction score
In a dilemma now - old Daikin System 3 outdoor unit got error H8, understand that it won't be worthwhile to repair as there are quite a number of possible reasons for this error.

The problem is that the old Daikin outdoor unit is only 790mm wide, and I can't seem to find any current models that can fit into this dimension. There's probably only an extra 5cm or so space on the aircon ledge.

Anyone knows of any suitable replacement R22 brand/model which is small in width?
H8 : Outdoor Current transformer error :)

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
In a dilemma now - old Daikin System 3 outdoor unit got error H8, understand that it won't be worthwhile to repair as there are quite a number of possible reasons for this error.

The problem is that the old Daikin outdoor unit is only 790mm wide, and I can't seem to find any current models that can fit into this dimension. There's probably only an extra 5cm or so space on the aircon ledge.

Anyone knows of any suitable replacement R22 brand/model which is small in width?

Toshiba can fit. Ita the smallest condensee but also the most exp cuz co.prweror is from japan. Approx 3k eed ro check with frems... and yes.. inatallation inportant!!

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
to herman8210,

1/4 is too thin, min should be 3/8 insulation.

3/8 is standard then they uosell u1/2 and then 3/4 inche. Same for cipper tube. Sell u 24 gauge, upgrade u ti 23 or 22 gauge then drainage upgrade from 13 to 16...and hardsell waranty also

BuShuang

Reaction score
Not sure if OT so do let me know if I not supposed to post it here. For 2 trip installation, are we supposed to sign any documents after the piping and wiring are done?

dhc1980

Reaction score
3 fan coil aprox service charge 4 times a year is only $250 ma..

so cheap meh...luckily i did not sign for that 350...

i just checked GC 5 years Extended warranty. they say no hidden terms & condition or obligation. no need to engage them for servicing.
can engage 3rd party to do servicing. but if got problem, need to check if it is due to 3rd party.

and saw their promotion today. got Mitsubishi Heavy Industry System 3 on sale for $2499 with standard installation, is it reasonable price?
according to coolserve and the catalogue, this system (SCM60ZJ-S) has a maximum capacity of 25000+ BTU, but GC list it as 20500BTU..
am confused on this....if just 20500, then not enough for all of my bedrooms.
if 25000+, will be enough i guess.

please help to clarify this...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was quoted Mitsubishi Heavy Industry System 3 for around 2600$+, with removal of old a/c and piping.

I would like to know whether this Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and the strongly advertised Mitsubishi Starmex are the same or not?

I was told by the Dr. Cool staff that both from the same manufacturer, but different dealer who market it differently.

If so, are the performance of both same specification of their aircon system the same?

Anyway, I just bought a resale flat that comes with Toshiba RAS-3M20UAX5. Searched on the internet revealed that this is a 1 tick non-inverter. My concern is whether this system 3 very power guzzling?

I also have a small upgraded utilty room at the back of my kitchen. The dimension is around 2.3 by 2.2 m, which I intend to use it as my gym room. I'm wondering what kind of cooling system I can install that would not take any space in the room?

Please advise.

Thanks.

i just checked GC 5 years Extended warranty. they say no hidden terms & condition or obligation. no need to engage them for servicing.
can engage 3rd party to do servicing. but if got problem, need to check if it is due to 3rd party.

and saw their promotion today. got Mitsubishi Heavy Industry System 3 on sale for $2499 with standard installation, is it reasonable price?
according to coolserve and the catalogue, this system (SCM60ZJ-S) has a maximum capacity of 25000+ BTU, but GC list it as 20500BTU..

Last edited:

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Toshiba can fit. Ita the smallest condensee but also the most exp cuz co.prweror is from japan. Approx 3k eed ro check with frems... and yes.. inatallation inportant!!

Yeah it is the smallest, but for toshiba, is it true that warranty is void if installed using old R22 pipes? I'm hearing conflicting info from different companies.

mrairc

Reaction score
Guys :vijayadmin: take your time =:p, this two month got many discount for new air con . if possible dont sign any 1 year service contract for the new air con is wasting money on it . coz new air con after one year then need to svc ;).

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
How come this two months got many discounts? Annual promotions for Christmas?
Thanks for the heads up... :)

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah it is the smallest, but for toshiba, is it true that warranty is void if installed using old R22 pipes? I'm hearing conflicting info from different companies.
Nope. Warranty won't be void. The pipe is the same. Only refrigerant is different

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score

Mitsubishi starmax highest 25600 snd highest is the market is fujitsu wih 2900o

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
On the topic of insulation. I'm using 3/8 thickness insulation and the insulation is sweating and dripping onto the trunking causing mould to grown on the outside of the trunking. Will changing to half inch insulation do any help? I'm thinking of doing it myself.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope. Warranty won't be void. The pipe is the same. Only refrigerant is different

Thanks, so far, Gain City and Coolserve has advised me that there will be no warranty from Toshiba if I reuse my old R22 pipes.

Called Toshiba service center to check, and the response was that their units should never be used with old R22 pipes.

Would be great if there was an official publication of their warranty terms. Don't know who to believe now.

Edit: Btw, GC staff advised me that only LG, Panasonic and Mitsubishi Starmex officially covers their warranty for reusing of old R22 piping.

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
On the topic of insulation. I'm using 3/8 thickness insulation and the insulation is sweating and dripping onto the trunking causing mould to grown on the outside of the trunking. Will changing to half inch insulation do any help? I'm thinking of doing it myself.

3/8 inches is the minimum requirement for Insulation. Even if upgrade to 1/2 " it will only reduce and not prevevent. Sometimes its a user problem bro. Room 2 or 3 switch on aircon. Master bedroom dun. Condensation cfm appear

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, so far, Gain City and Coolserve has advised me that there will be no warranty from Toshiba if I reuse my old R22 pipes.

Called Toshiba service center to check, and the response was that their units should never be used with old R22 pipes.

Would be great if there was an official publication of their warranty terms. Don't know who to believe now.

Edit: Btw, GC staff advised me that only LG, Panasonic and Mitsubishi Starmex officially covers their warranty for reusing of old R22 piping.

Bro. I have checked.. reusing of old copper tubing tat holds r22 gas is reusable and it does not void the warranty of the equipment. UNLESS the installer cannot make it la...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.