Photography with Nokia Lumia 1020

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
10473771786_cbe1301cac_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99182046@N08/10473771786/in/pool-lumia1020

another one today.. ISO 100, others auto.

No more yellowish cast :D

boaboy

Reaction score
Hi just to check wat setting do I need to do to shot a super nice macro shot ? I always face difficulty focusing the street lights and night. Any pro here can guide me ?

Thanks a lot

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Street light etc. not Macro leh. Use Touch Focus, switch to ISO 200, shutter speed 0.5s, no flash & try.

echoblue

Reaction score

lilrex21

Reaction score
taking near shots with multiple items, how to get the camera to focus on all the items? for eg you can tell that the moon is out of focus.. as well as the tail end of the broom..

i was in quite a rush so didn't play much with settings, i used tap focus.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
In DSLR, you would decrease the aperture size (increasing F-stop) so more of the photo will be in focus. Otherwise known as increasing the depth of field.

In the Lumia 1020, there's no variable aperture so the only way is NOT to shoot Macro. Hold it a bit further, like 1m. Zoom In, frame properly, use Touch Focus & shoot.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work! Haven't read it yet but soon. Will see how in line my photography is with yours. Good job!

You're welcome. The article touches more on the technical aspect of photography. I'm not trying to touch on composition or the emotional side of photography yet. That's very personal & I'll probably leave that to my professional photographer friends who shoot wedding photos or fashion. ;)

I'm also not going into things like the different type of lens, etc. which is WAY beyond the scope of the Lumia 1020. Unless there's like HUGE demand for me to write one for general photographer using DSLR.

Lens is a HUGE topic to cover. Macro, Wide-angle, Zoom & specialized. I'd probably only cover conversion kits that can be used with the Lumia 1020.

Rickosw

Reaction score
Just a few random pics (from Bangkok)

Hand held @ Asiatique

jcIgRl2GjwL2r.jpg

Zeng my Mini

jNqLchLnpDpef.jpg

Rickosw

Reaction score
Geotag / location data in FLICKR

Hi guys,

I know that every pic taken with Nokia 1020 will contain EXIF data which will can be displayed in FLICKR.

how about the "location data" / geo-tag? (ie where the pics are taken?)

last time i remember that on the top right hand corner of FLICKR will display where the pic is taken .. but now, i dun see it anymore

can anyone advice?

or i have "switch off the "Location data" on my Nokia 1020 pics?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
My guess is Flickr switch it off by default due to privacy issues.

You can check your photo in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Details.

lilrex21

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.