Noble Audio ... Wizard's Second Coming

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
By now, am sure some of us are aware of Wizard's return to the audio "Jiang Hu" and have a new face for his craft.

Noble Audio

dscf3666.jpg

the Kaiser 10 image courtesy of Noble Audio

We know how good Wizard's skills are with customs.

What's new this time, the Wizard now offers a choice of either acrylic or silicon, for the 3 to 5 series and acrylic only for 8 and above series.

From the early impressions and review, on headfi, the Wizard has returned better and more poisonous than ever before (insert any drama effects here).

For those of us who own or used to own a Wizard product, would you give Wizard's new products are try?

Am personally very intrigued by the Kaiser 10 and looking forward to it. :)

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chiu intrigued by anything wib more than 6 drivers rah, not limited to noobie audio

Moi expected social audiophile to up this thread tho :o

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
It's been 5 years since the driver count has gone up.

Jerry Harvey JH16 started the JH16pro in 2008 (if recall correctly).
Since then not many (if any) other than Wizard's Heir 8a (2012) have released an 8-driver or higher.

While i'm a believer that more drivers do not mean better sound, am also sure not many custom companies have the ability to develop or tune beyond the 4 to 5 drivers count. Even when they do, the 8-driver fails to compete with Jerry Harvey and Heir Audio, equivalents, in pure technicalities. And hence, some started the "more drivers don't make it better" argument.

With the Wizard, am very confident the Kaiser 10, the first 10-driver behemoth, will deliver and better most expectations. This is no empty speculation as my experience with the Heir 8a, showed how good an 8-driver can be. It's still the standard to beat, of any 8-driver configuration i've tried to-date.

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's been 5 years since the driver count has gone up.

Jerry Harvey JH16 started the JH16pro in 2008 (if recall correctly).
Since then not many (if any) other than Wizard's Heir 8a (2012) have released an 8-driver or higher.

While i'm a believer that more drivers do not mean better sound, am also sure not many custom companies have the ability to develop or tune beyond the 4 to 5 drivers count. Even when they do, the 8-driver fails to compete with Jerry Harvey and Heir Audio, equivalents, in pure technicalities. And hence, some started the "more drivers don't make it better" argument.

With the Wizard, am very confident the Kaiser 10, the first 10-driver behemoth, will deliver and better most expectations. This is no empty speculation as my experience with the Heir 8a, showed how good an 8-driver can be. It's still the standard to beat, of any 8-driver configuration i've tried to-date.

Still got Rooth Audio, DreamEarz, Alien Ears and hear say 1964 will come out another 8 Driver custom soon

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have to agree with you Kenz.

But also, It seems that Fitear and the elusive SE-5way is still comparable to TOTL CIEMs of JHA and Heir/Noble.

but of course, i think those 2 brands can make it.. while the rest have a super long way to go to catch up with them.

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still got Rooth Audio, DreamEarz, Alien Ears and hear say 1964 will come out another 8 Driver custom soon

Rooth LS8 is good... i personally like it. it is like the little brother of Miracles and 435 imo. but in terms of the "8 driver" league, it is still very far off from the other 8 driver CIEMs. :s12:

but the price... haiya.. mai hiam. LS8 ish jin ho liao!

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
have to agree with you Kenz.

But also, It seems that Fitear and the elusive SE-5way is still comparable to TOTL CIEMs of JHA and Heir/Noble.

but of course, i think those 2 brands can make it.. while the rest have a super long way to go to catch up with them.

Rooth LS8 is good... i personally like it. it is like the little brother of Miracles and 435 imo. but in terms of the "8 driver" league, it is still very far off from the other 8 driver CIEMs. :s12:

but the price... haiya.. mai hiam. LS8 ish jin ho liao!

Hey Fatal,

Fitear is a shining example of extraordinary tuning and number of drivers don't make a difference.

Will put Final Audio in the same group as Fitear as well. :)

I guess despite being an 8-driver, Rooth understands they can only compete in price over performance.

Last edited:

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Fatal,

Fitear is a shining example of extraordinary tuning and number of drivers don't make a difference.

Will put Final Audio in the same group as Fitear as well. :)

I guess despite being an 8-driver, Rooth understands they can only compete in price over performance.

Waiting for you to hoot k10 and 8c. Do give us a review

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
All the ex sluts all starting to appear in this thread

LOL...

Just joking nia hor, dunch sit on my Miracle

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.