OTG Cable with iPad

addicted79

Reaction score
Anyone use lightning cable OTG with iPad/iPad Air before?
Can it work?
Can't seem to find any review online leh

iPhone

Reaction score
sorry

currently only the official one works perfectly..those chiong ones not a single one can, or very intermittently, unstable and unreliable. unless someone comes up with another upgraded chiong one that havent surfaced yet then nothing i can say

PetPet

Reaction score
3rd party cables will work.

1. Turn on USB power.
2. Plug in Lightning cable to iPad.
3. Dismiss any warnings.
4. Unlock your iPad.
5. Dismiss any remaining warnings.
6. Now with the screen turned on, unplug the Lightning cable.
7. Plug it back in.
8. Dismiss warning again. It should now charge.

Your milage may vary.

addicted79

Reaction score
Hey thank you guys for the replies but maybe I did not rephrase my query properly.
If we use OTG cable, can we somehow either transfer or view the files that is attached to the USB drive on the OTG cable? If cannot transfer, at least view is also not too bad...

iPhone

Reaction score
yes i was able to comment. i think the other was referring to cables. where i was referring to otg. so far nothing i tried works. unless someone had a special model i havent came across. or had a special trick or two.

so meantime then its means its those official apple lightning cables/adapters..

addicted79

Reaction score
yes i was able to comment. i think the other was referring to cables. where i was referring to otg. so far nothing i tried works. unless someone had a special model i havent came across. or had a special trick or two.

so meantime then its means its those official apple lightning cables/adapters..

I guess you are referring to this item.

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple Store (Singapore)

It looks like it can connect to USB drive...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.